KEEGAN RESIGNS

Guest jambomickey

Rudolf's Mate

Have you seen why he's saying he's gone??? Basically saying that a manager should have control of the team i.e. should say who is brought in & so on!

Sound familiar!!!

Have you seen why he's saying he's gone??? Basically saying that a manager should have control of the team i.e. should say who is brought in & so on!

Sound familiar!!!

"I've been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible," Keegan said in a statement.

"It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

Rudolf's Mate
"I've been working desperately hard to find a way forward with the directors, but sadly that has not proved possible," Keegan said in a statement.

"It's my opinion that a manager must have the right to manage and that clubs should not impose upon any manager any player that he does not want."

At least he was man enough to stand up to them.

It was obvious he would resign he's never seen a job through

That's true. Every time it gets difficult he gives in. He has 4000 part built Ikea sideboards in his garage.

:)

Guest jambomickey
That's true. Every time it gets difficult he gives in. He has 4000 part built Ikea sideboards in his garage.

:)

it's because the guys got enough pride in himself not to be told how to do his job by a buisnessman

it's because the guys got enough pride in himself not to be told how to do his job by a buisnessman

No its not the man can't take pressure IE England, Man City, Fulham need i go on?

the whole league down there is going mad just know

It's strange that some seasons sanity seems to rule the roost and managers are safe, and then, as you say, it all goes haywire. The BBC put Curbishley's departure down to the fact that West Ham could only manage a top ten finish last season. :eek:

Who's next?

No it isn't, it's to do with not clarifying and understanding where the lines were drawn in terms of responsibility.

Too keen to play the returning hero and not enough attention to what he was being asked to do.

Csaba, hopefully, has not made this mistake and is focussing all his energy on what he can control and appreciating/making the most of what he cannot.

It may not be what we'd like, it may not be what we want, but it is what we have.

Not so unique now though eh?

Guest jambomickey
No its not the man can't take pressure IE England, Man City, Fulham need i go on?

they were trying to sell players behind his back and he gave a list of players he'd like to sign, got none of them! the guy walked because he was being stabbed in the back by mike ashley and dennis wise sitting in a office in london

Guest jambomickey
No it isn't, it's do with not clarifying and understanding where the lines were drawn in terms of responsibility.

To keen to play the returning hero and not enough attention to what he was being asked to do.

Csaba, hopefully, has not made this mistake and is focussing all his energy on what he can control and appreciating/making the most of what he cannot.

It may not be what we'd like, it may not be what we want, but it is what we have.

Not so unique now though eh?

oh i think hearts are unique! how many teams sack a manager when sitting at top of the league?

they were trying to sell players behind his back and he gave a list of players he'd like to sign, got none of them! the guy walked because he was being stabbed in the back by mike ashley and dennis wise sitting in a office in london

No the guy knew the score before he took the job

Guest jambomickey
No the guy knew the score before he took the job

when newcastle play on a different day to hearts mate i go down to support newcastle! i'm telling you what my mate down there is telling me

when newcastle play on a different day to hearts mate i go down to support newcastle! i'm telling you what my mate down there is telling me

Fair enough mate but if you look at my public profile see what i do for a living you might understand how i know. I'm in the north east every other day just telling you what i hear on my travels.

oh i think hearts are unique! how many teams sack a manager when sitting at top of the league?

Neither that, nor this has anything to do with league position. West Ham is the same, good start (5th, their equivalent of top of the league) but Curbs is still away.

Owners now want to split the managers role to coach & player recruitment, possibly due to just how big the job has become. It is just a restructure like any other business, but as I said previously the roles must be very clearly defined. Would help if the two got on, but not vital, they need only be able to communicate.

Once British fans & what used to be called managers get to grips with this concept, these clashes may become less frequent.

Neither that, nor this has anything to do with league position. West Ham is the same, good start (5th, their equivalent of top of the league) but Curbs is still away.

Owners now want to split the managers role to coach & player recruitment, possibly due to just how big the job has become. It is just a restructure like any other business, but as I said previously the roles must be very clearly defined. Would help if the two got on, but not vital, they need only be able to communicate.

Once British fans & what used to be called managers get to grips with this concept, these clashes may become less frequent.

A good point. This is the way in almost every club outside Britain.

Victor Meldrew

The thing is if I were a businessman who owned a club, I'd want a say in how my money was spent.

Maybe I wouldn't make a manager play a particular person, but I might add to the squad so that he had the players I wanted at his disposal.

The thing is if I were a businessman who owned a club, I'd want a say in how my money was spent.

Maybe I wouldn't make a manager play a particular person, but I might add to the squad so that he had the players I wanted at his disposal.

Its my club I own it therefor i will do what i like with it. Their all jumping on the Romanov bandwagon

Not convinced responsibilies were very clearly defined. Remember Wise was brought in over his head shortly after he took the job. He certainly didn't know that was on the cards.

I suspect the owner who was under a bit of pressure, appointed Keegan and told him whatever to get him to take the job. Then started moving the goalposts.

Not saying manager should get it all his way, however, don't think players should ever be brought over a manager head. It ends in disaster.

Ultimately, if he thinks his hands are being tied to such an extent that he can't do his job. He's as well walking away no point in ruining his reputation.

Ashley is a bit **** anyway, IMO.

Take your point and you may well be right. If you are, we can look forward to a constructive dismissal case in the not to distant future.

It was obvious he would resign he's never seen a job through

yup my thoughts too, he should never have taken the job, their fault for hiring the loser!!!! how many jobs has he walked away from?? all of them, DESPISE HIM, HE IS A COMPLETE CHILD:):):)

yup my thoughts too, he should never have taken the job, their fault for hiring the loser!!!! how many jobs has he walked away from?? all of them, DESPISE HIM, HE IS A COMPLETE CHILD:):):)

I don't despise the man i just don't like quitters and he's a quitter

Nucky Thompson
I wonder whose decision it was to sign Robinho for Man City:rolleyes:

Bringing in one of the best players in the world is a bit different to selling some of the best in our squad :rolleyes:

However, I would imagine the owners went to Hughes, how do you feel about signing Robhino. I would then think, Hughes thought it was a good idea.

Its easy when both agree the problem also occurs when they don't agree. Unfortunately, it always happens.

It's a difficult balance, because the success of the roles are dependent, but the performance of each person must be judged on a standalone basis.

If the coach coaches and picks the team and asks the DoF to get a right back, then it is up to the coach to do the best with the right back he is given.

If he's a success, great, but who get's the blame if he isn't? The DoF for delivering a crap right back or the coach for not being able to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? Of course, it could be the coach's fault but that will only become apparent under a different coach.

This is where the relationship between owner and DoF will be vital, they are always likely to be closer because it is the DoF who is charged with spending the money.

Nucky Thompson
Bringing in one of the best players in the world is a bit different to selling some of the best in our squad :rolleyes:
How is it any different if it is not the managers decision? Surely it's the point that the big, bad owner is sticking his nose into team affairs.

jack D and coke

Someone always tries to compare our situation to other clubs when there is no comparison whatsoever.

Despite all the english clubs under foreign ownership none of them fly in plane loads of their countrymen and insist they play while emptying their best players into the bargain. These guys actually want their teams to succeed.

Dont believe any of them have sacked their manager whilst top of the league and undefeated either.

I believe Hughes was told by the owners that they were attempting to sign as many world class players on deadline day as they could. Hughes as was at a Man City golf day for the youth players.

Hughes was also apparently told he'd have full control of his signings in January when he was given the chance to assess the squad and see what his budget is.

I do think the owners will sign who they want when they want though. But the talks of Ronaldo, Messi and Villa, I don't think Hughes will mind.

Also, the old owner sold Corluka behind his back and was close to selling Johnson too.

Getting back to the Keegan thread Strachan has been seen in London today talking to Dennis Wise (it's just been on Setanta news)

Someone always tries to compare our situation to other clubs when there is no comparison whatsoever.

Despite all the english clubs under foreign ownership none of them fly in plane loads of their countrymen and insist they play while emptying their best players into the bargain. These guys actually want their teams to succeed.

Dont believe any of them have sacked their manager whilst top of the league and undefeated either.

As does Vlad, of that I have no doubt. He has his way, they have theirs, I would suggest they are considerably wealthier and more reckless than him. None of them have been overly successful as yet, but I am encouraged by this season so far, *****ing Airdrie aside, and we have lost to them pre-Vlad with the manager signing and picking the players.

No-one has yet been able to tell me how Vlad benefits if and when we fail.

Hughes was also apparently told he'd have full control of his signings in January when he was given the chance to assess the squad and see what his budget is.

No chance. Arabs don't work like that. And that assumes Hughes will even be their manager in January - which he won't.

No chance. Arabs don't work like that. And that assumes Hughes will even be their manager in January - which he won't.

Like I said in the post you quoted, I think he was told he can bring in who he wants, but the owners will also bring in who they want.

Could be right about him not being there, he'll have to hit the ground running, apart from their next match. Where they'll obviously get stuffed from Chelsea.

apart from their next match. Where they'll obviously get stuffed from Chelsea.

City will be lambs to the slaughter. Fact. ;)

City will be lambs to the slaughter. Fact. ;)

Like Spurs? :P

Anyway, back to Newcastle. What is Vialli doing these days? He could work with Wise.

This is funny

People arguing about Keegans character on the basis of their own respective agenda's on here.

It will be interesting to see how independently minded debates on this proceed down south.

This is funny

People arguing about Keegans character on the basis of their own respective agenda's on here.

It will be interesting to see how independently minded debates on this proceed down south.

I think we are discussing this issue with the benefit of some experience of the problems which seem to be being experienced by Newcastle!!

jack D and coke
As does Vlad, of that I have no doubt. He has his way, they have theirs, I would suggest they are considerably wealthier and more reckless than him. None of them have been overly successful as yet, but I am encouraged by this season so far, *****ing Airdrie aside, and we have lost to them pre-Vlad with the manager signing and picking the players.

No-one has yet been able to tell me how Vlad benefits if and when we fail.

I never said he wants us to fail i just dont think he's arsed about us being too succesful. If he ran the rest of his businesses the way he's allowed Hearts to be run he'd be peppered mint.

Archived