Want to go to an English Game!

Inglis3901

Myself and a group of boys are heading down to Cardiff in November for my stag and are planning on heading to the Cardiff - Crystal Palace game. Any suggestions where the best place is to get tickets for a bit of atmosphere and banter?

Also, is alcohol served in the ground?

Cheers

bump? Recommendations please?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
Leeds is a good day out as is Shef Wedensday. All the grounds sell beer so you cannot lose.

If you're in the Sheffield area and Wed. or the Blades aren't playing, get to Don Valley Stadium in the east end, where Rotherham are playing their home games at the moment. Easy access by tram, bars and no problem with tickets. Their manager has just won Manager of the Month. Sadly, they're still sh*te.

Glamorgan Jambo
bump? Recommendations please?

It depends what your scene is but for the best/noisiest atmosphere either the home part of the Grange End if you want to stand or the section of the main stand beside the Grange End if you want to sit, is where you want to be (i.e. those are the noisiest parts of the ground).

Being an old git I prefer going to the main stand (central part). The grounds falling to pieces (a bit like the old stand at Tynie) but there's usually a great atmosphere especially depending on the opposition. I'm afraid Palace don't generate the hostility that the likes of Swansea, Bristol City or even Stoke do so unless they've signed any ex Swansea players you won't see the Soul Crew at their best.

You can buy tickets fairly easily on the City web site but get in quickly if you want seats beside each other as City sold a lot of season tickets on the back of the criteria they set for FA Cup Final tickets.

As far as booze in the ground is concerned I don't think its freely available and there's not many pubs right beside the ground and the few there are are pretty rubbish. there is a club in the centre of the main stand where you can buy booze (a bit like the Willie Bauld lounge but I can't remember the name) except whenever I've been there the only criteria for getting in is you've shown an interest in buying a beer.

I'll be at this game so I'll keep my ear open for the Hearts song. I'm actually going with a Hibs/Palace fan so any chance to stick it to the Hibbies should be taken.

Millfield_Mackem

I dont see how people have recommended us :eek:

I always think that our atmosphere is pretty tame. There is always a period of 20 minutes a game when it's absolutely bouncing. Apart from that it's pretty average.

It depends what your scene is but for the best/noisiest atmosphere either the home part of the Grange End if you want to stand or the section of the main stand beside the Grange End if you want to sit, is where you want to be (i.e. those are the noisiest parts of the ground).

Being an old git I prefer going to the main stand (central part). The grounds falling to pieces (a bit like the old stand at Tynie) but there's usually a great atmosphere especially depending on the opposition. I'm afraid Palace don't generate the hostility that the likes of Swansea, Bristol City or even Stoke do so unless they've signed any ex Swansea players you won't see the Soul Crew at their best.

You can buy tickets fairly easily on the City web site but get in quickly if you want seats beside each other as City sold a lot of season tickets on the back of the criteria they set for FA Cup Final tickets.

As far as booze in the ground is concerned I don't think its freely available and there's not many pubs right beside the ground and the few there are are pretty rubbish. there is a club in the centre of the main stand where you can buy booze (a bit like the Willie Bauld lounge but I can't remember the name) except whenever I've been there the only criteria for getting in is you've shown an interest in buying a beer.

I'll be at this game so I'll keep my ear open for the Hearts song. I'm actually going with a Hibs/Palace fan so any chance to stick it to the Hibbies should be taken.

Quality stuff. Cheers! :cheers:

Another vote for Sunderland for me. Cheap and easy to get to by train. Good atmosphere.

Tickets are easy to get and good value. They also do a under-23 price.

Plus Sunderland do seem to try and play good football at home at the moment. Was down for the Liverpool game and they played some entertaining stuff in the first half.

Sunderland as a city isn't the most glamorous place but there is a few reasonable places to get food and drink. You can get a pint at most stadiums down south anyway.

Forget England .

Get on a cheapo to Italy to see some real atmosphere!

Guys right forget England ..... been to Barcelona and also Real madrid absolutely brill atmosphere !

and a week end away

MacDonald Jardine
Eh, whats all that about?

I'd agree with that.

Was down a few years ago and they're the only fans who actually seem to like the DJ playing music all the time.

The only "singing" was joining in on the "Woo Hoo" bit of Song 2.

Archived