Want to go to an English Game!

Inglis3901

Hi,

Thinking bout going down south to an english game and was just wondering if anyone has been to any particular good stadiums?

Theres the obvious ones being Emirates, Old Trafford etc but looking for atmosphere aswell, Heard Man Citys ground is good buzz.

Dont really follow a particular team just really going for atmosphere etc.

Any feedback is appreciated guys.

Hi,

Thinking bout going down south to an english game and was just wondering if anyone has been to any particular good stadiums?

Theres the obvious ones being Emirates, Old Trafford etc but looking for atmosphere aswell, Heard Man Citys ground is good buzz.

Been to Sunderlands 'Stadium of Light' and it is a good atmosphere. Hope your quite fit cos if your tickets are for back row of alot of these stadiums it is some climb.

Sunderland. Games against the bigger teams cost ?32, the train is only ?15/18 and you can get there within 2 hours.

Sunderland are my English team so I'd say the same as the other guys. Made it back up the road in just over 2 hours after the Liverpool game.

Always a good atmosphere.

I'd recommend South or North stand if you go down there.

Forever Maroon

am heading down to Blackburn / Chelsea in Nov....

most of the english grounds lack real atmosphere, or maybe it because you don't really support either team ?? All teams songs are much the same imo.

i'd recommend Everton

Sunderland if there playing a big team.....

Avoid Boro like the plague...... manufactured kack

Malcolm Tucker

Everton.

I've been to a few blues games and they're always brilliant, doesn't matter who we're playing. Although I've been to a Merseyside derby and it was (bar Scottish cup semi/final) the best atmosphere I've ever encountered.

Walter Bishop
Hi,

Go to old trafford quite a few times through the season, really easy to get tickets for champions league games, the atmosphere is electric!! The 7-1 v Roma was superb!!

Forever Maroon
Go to old trafford quite a few times through the season, really easy to get tickets for champions league games, the atmosphere is electric!! The 7-1 v Roma was superb!!

overrated remember Roy Keane's jibe at the corporate brigade

Would have to agree with Goodison, plus Liverpool city centre & the Albert Dock area is a cracking night out !

Hi,

Yep I've been to all 3 of the north east teams.

Newcastles stadium is the nicest IMO. Sunderlands maybe the best atmosphere

Tokyo Drifter

Only one I've been to is Craven Cottage coz my brother lives near there. Great old-fashioned ground, good singing, good fans and it's fairly easy to get tickets. Best of all they sing this hilarious song about Al-Fayed to the tune of Volare and he comes on before kick-off and does a lap round the pitch. Come to think of it, I'd like to see Vlad start that tradition at Tynie.

Always fancied Anfield myself and keep meaning to go to St James's with my uncle and cousin coz they're big Toon fans.

Captain Scarlett
Hi,

i went to ewood park last season. Watched Blackbur v Chelsea. Tremendous. U can catch a pint while watching the game and theres a ladbrokes inside too for your bets. I highly Recommend it.

Everton.

I've been to a few blues games and they're always brilliant, doesn't matter who we're playing. Although I've been to a Merseyside derby and it was (bar Scottish cup semi/final) the best atmosphere I've ever encountered.

Really?

I have been to three or four games at Goodison and would not comment hugely on their "support". I have seen Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool there and was not overly impressed with the atmosphere.

As for the thread, I looked into it last year for a friends birthday. For a few reasons, the trip was shelved, but we are going to go to the City of Manchester stadium.

The thing you will find with some clubs (we certainly did) is that you would need to buy some sort of membership card to be allowed to buy a ticket. This was roughly ?10 and would obviously add to any cost you outlay. However, we looked at these tickets from City that were considered hospitality and you did not require to be a member, they were something like ?50 for a non top four club and you got a seat on the half way line and access to a cash bar pre, post and at half time.

I have been to St James Park a few times. Once to see Newcastle v Tottenham and once to see Newcastle v Man Utd.

Both times ST James Park has been jumpin.

Even though they got beat 5-1 against Man Utd they were all still singin and taking ther tops off....(in the middle of feb) haha.

I go down to 4 or 5 games a season aswell.. Didnt make it down to the Roma game unfortunately.. Was down last month for Oles testimonial. You a oneunited member? Hopefully going to get down for United v Celtic!! :cool:

Man. City is good, excellent stadium with good access, bars and food outlets and great views. You can get a Citycard or other kind of membership, the price varies (my son and I got one each a couple of years ago, cost a fiver each then, it's renewed free of charge each season after and entitles you to buy tickets for games and a small discount on items purchased in the superstore after a game). we have been down a couple of times, it never seems to sellout, although that may change now, but I am sure you will enjoy it there. Don't go when we go though, we seem to be jinxed, every game we have seen there has been 0-0!

Also been to Middlesbrough, Aston Villa, Man. Utd and Leeds, good for a change when the Hearts are away or a free weekend to head down occasionally and enjoy seeing a different league.

Enjoy!

Newcastle is good beacuse it's in the city centre, I think there next games against Hull if there is a boycott should get a tcket easy.

The best stand I've ever been in is the Holte end at Villa (although that was a Scotland game). Too far away but West Ham is always good.

Guest jambomickey
Newcastle is good beacuse it's in the city centre, I think there next games against Hull if there is a boycott should get a tcket easy.

The best stand I've ever been in is the Holte end at Villa (although that was a Scotland game). Too far away but West Ham is always good.

go to a newcastle v sunderland game mate! support newcastle tho

Forget England .

Get on a cheapo to Italy to see some real atmosphere!

For real football atmosphere get yourself down to Cardiff

?40 Return flight less than 1 hr

Make a weekend of it.

:)

I go to Liverpool 3-4 times a season -- simply the best especially on big European night. Have club card for that though.

Touts are plentiful at/near ground -- same at Man Utd:p

From away trips Newcastle and Sunderland are great -- depends if you want night out as well though.

Spurs was also great atmosphere but travel poor -- no tube nearby.

Man City also good when big game -- though most of them now will prob be big -- could be good time to get tickets though before demand shoots up.

I guess it depends if it is just the match or the whole day out -- Newcastle/Sunderland was tops for whole day experience.

Been to Sunderlands 'Stadium of Light' and it is a good atmosphere. Hope your quite fit cos if your tickets are for back row of alot of these stadiums it is some climb.

The other major drawback is that it's in Sunderland.

Glamorgan Jambo

Make a weekend of it.

Probably the best supported club in British football still with enough standing capacity to make the atmosphere a bit special even for the most mundane of games. Especially if any of the opposition have the most remote of Swansea connections.

Can recomend Newcastle, was downa few years ago for the 2-2 game against Boro at New Year, was utterly baltic and there were still boys cutting about with no tops on.

Cracking atmosphere and planning a return visit in April next year.

Would recommend either Sunderland or Man City as i have been to both and were both cracking! City of manc stadium was not full but the atmosphere was still buzzing. Stadium of light was the same

The Emirates.

Best Stadium, best fans, best team.

Row Seven, Section H - bang on the half way line.

See my thread on the ticket exchange - if your in London and they Gooners are home, maybe I can help out.

Deo

Hi,

Shielfield Park - Berwick Rangers

I'm sure there was a famous game played there once.

you mean dave mcphersons debut for Hearts?

Anyway Thomas Cooks at the Fort do football tours to many games in England, bus, hotel, match ticket etc, some good deals.

Shielfield Park - Berwick Rangers

I'm sure there was a famous game played there once.

JC's second debut?

A boring 0-0 cup game?

Or every time I go down there I get smashed....................

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Make a weekend of it.

Good shout - especially since Ninian Park is about to go the way of so many old grounds.

Saw Cardiff v Leeds there a couple of seasons ago, crazy atmosphere

I still think St James Park is hard to beat. We're heading down there next month for the Man City game. Look forward to seeing who's is the home dugout !

It's very difficult to get tickets but out of the ones that you can, I would say ;

Good - Everton, Sunderland, Scots are always made welcome there.

Bad - Bolton, Blackburn, The Reebok is a nice stadium but the place is dead.

The Emirates.

See my thread on the ticket exchange - if your in London and they Gooners are home, maybe I can help out.

Deo

So things have improved from 'Highbury the Library' ?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Whatever you do don't come to Swindon.................snoozeville

Aye, and the less said about that ludicrous roundabout the better!

So things have improved from 'Highbury the Library' ?

Not when I was there.

Its one of the most impressive stadiums I've ever been to, but the atmosphere was nowhere near '60,000 fans worth'.

Plus, I was sat in row 9 and was almost below the pitch!

Might a be better atmosphere higher up, mind you...

Make a weekend of it.

Myself and a group of boys are heading down to Cardiff in November for my stag and are planning on heading to the Cardiff - Crystal Palace game. Any suggestions where the best place is to get tickets for a bit of atmosphere and banter?

Also, is alcohol served in the ground?

Cheers

netherleejambo

Went to Craven Cottage last year - Fullham drew 3 - 3 with Man City. Really enjoyed it, nice part of London, good pubs and an Archibald Leitch stand to boot - very similar to our main stand but a bit bigger. And then there's the wee cottage in the corner! Didn't know then but also the last chance to see Niemi.

went to sunderland v man city in march i think, registered on their web site booked tickets. had to phone them about the registration thingy, it cost nothing. got tickets a day later great service. booked train seats cost fifty quid roughly all in. game was crap atmosphere mince. the city centre was like walking doon leith walk. get the metro straight back to newcastle after game as its far better for a bevvy.watched the tea time match, had a few beeers and was back in edinburgh for 10:30 for a good swally. boozer in sunderland for before game, yates bar 1.37 a pint

The Emirates.

Deo

Been have to say the away fans were giving it large (Villa) but the home fans it was like someone pressed the mute button.

Unfortunately im a Villa fan and had tickets in what felt like the Library section although i have to say they play football the way it should be played.

Villa park is ace not a bad night out but a travel

Newcastle good atmos great night out

Charlton - good atmos but travel wise you would be better seeing Spurs or West Ham if your going that far

I've heard Sunderland is good also

mirsad_beslija

boing boing baggies baggies ..... in the smethwick end then in the hawthorns pub at the top off the road for a few pints and singing .... pure albion magic .

King of the North
The Emirates.

Deo

:eek: You must be joking.

Been a few times, never heard anything approaching passion from the home support. Even the army of new fans at stamford bridge create more of an atmosphere.

West Ham is the best atmosphere in London, by miles. Spurs is not too bad, Charlton is dull as ditchwater, as are Arsenal fans. You are right about the stadium though.

Archived