I've been invaded (not for the squeamish)

Rab

Take a look at this walloper.

xoffnr.jpg

I'm clearly under attack by some kind of cybernetic insect race.

I've managed to trap one under a shield of glass and negotiations are ongoing.

He's trying to get some sort of land grab deal, but I'm all for genocide.

JKB seems to be the place to go to get advice - all suggestions appreciated.

PS I really want to squash the ****er, but something that size is going to leave major guts on my kitchen floor - doesn't that attract more of them?

I'm sick to death of insects this summer, twice been stung by wasps, had an invasion of beetles a couple of months ago which was only stopped by some industrial strength insecticide (even two weeks after spraying the doorstep where they seemed to be getting in it made the beggars curl up and die when they walked on it) and then on tuesday night discovered that Arogog had left the forbidden forest to live in my hallway!!! Tried the nuclear fallout insecticide and the thing just laughed at me, couldn't trap it with a glass as per above as I didn't have one big enough and ended up having to beat it out the door with a sweeping brush !!! Where the feck are they all coming from????

xoffnr.jpg

PS I really want to squash the ****er, but something that size is going to leave major guts on my kitchen floor - doesn't that attract more of them?

You've got a classic flat brown American Cockroach.

Only solution is to move back to the UK.:)

I suggest you take a leaf from Buffalo Bills book. Just set up a tent in your living room and stay in there for a couple of years !

I've had a constant issue with cockroaches at my flat since we moved in a year ago. It is never a major infestation, I just see a few scuttling about once or twice a week. If I spot them, I just kill them (either with raid spray or anything else handy). It is a pain, as it is not exactly something you want to be living with. But the flat is relatively clean (well, for two 25 yr old guys), so I don't really know what to do.

Can kill them on sight, but don't know where they are coming from, or how to prevent them full stop.

But they don't look like that beast that Rab caught...much smaller and skinny.

I've had a constant issue with cockroaches at my flat since we moved in a year ago. It is never a major infestation' date=' I just see a few scuttling about once or twice a week. If I spot them, I just kill them (either with raid spray or anything else handy). It is a pain, as it is not exactly something you want to be living with. But the flat is relatively clean (well, for two 25 yr old guys), so I don't really know what to do.

Can kill them on sight, but don't know where they are coming from, or how to prevent them full stop.

But they don't look like that beast that Rab caught...much smaller and skinny.[/quote']

Aye, they're called ants mate.

xoffnr.jpg

Rab

Call that a bug? Get yourself back out this way and remind yourself what real mutants look like ya woose!

I can recommend a spray with an aerosol followed by the a severe toasting with a barbecue lighter. It's true....the shells hiss like lobsters as they fry!

I P Knightley
Rab

Call that a bug? Get yourself back out this way and remind yourself what real mutants look like ya woose!

I can recommend a spray with an aerosol followed by the a severe toasting with a barbecue lighter. It's true....the shells hiss like lobsters as they fry!

Chocolate coated?

Rab

Negotiations ended on a high as I lobbed him off the balcony in return for his word never to return.

Didn't know the little ****ers could fly :eek:

I've got SPCAS (Special Pest Control Air Service) coming on Monday to do some black ops in the kitchen.

I avoided this thread as I thought from the title that Rab was fessing up about his time in prison. :sad:

I'm happy now that I've found out it's only about insects. :)

Patrick Bateman

I had a wasp in my room last night which had a strong attraction to my main light. So, being the gent that i was, I smashed it with a rolled up magazine, watched it crawl over my desk then poured a bit of dettol on it as a finishing move.

I hate wasps.

Archived