Move back to the SPL came as a surprise to Bamba

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Move back to the SPL came as a surprise to Bamba

"I'm happy, and very surprised;) as well, because I didn't know I was going to come here," Bamba said at Easter Road yesterday. "It's a good surprise.

"I was very disappointed when I came back from China and Watford said they weren't going to take me.:107years: But that's behind me now, and I'm just looking forward.

"It was an easy decision to come here, because it's a big club:107years:. The team's play is very good :107years:? we just need one or two good results to move forward.

"I'm still young, and I'm going to try my best to play every game. I'm going to work hard every day in training."

Bamba explained that he consulted his Dunfermline team-mate Stephen Glass, a former Hibs player, before deciding on the move. "I spoke to Stephen. He said to me go, because it's a big club :107years:and a good club as well. The facilities are very good. I'm very impressed.":107years:

Born in France, Bamba was a reserve player with Paris St Germain for two seasons before joining Dunfermline in the summer of 2006. His committed style of play quickly won the supporters over, but his arrival coincided with a slump in the club's fortunes and they were relegated from the SPL at the end of that season.

"I wanted to leave when we went down," he recalled. "The manager, Stephen Kenny, wanted me to stay one more year, because he thought we'd get promoted straight away.

"I thought we were going to get promoted that first year as well, but we got off to a bad start. And when we didn't go up I wanted to leave again.":rolleyes:

Having finally got his move, Bamba is eager to make his mark, but whether he will be allowed to do so in Hibs' next game a week on Saturday remains to be seen. "He's ready to come straight in,":107years: Paatelainen, the Hibs manager, said.

"Obviously our centre-halves have done really well:107years:. I will think about it when the Dundee United game comes around."

not as surprised as most hobos eh, feck he will have SPL strikers quaking in their boots.:107years:

Makalamity and bombscare eh , roll on the derby.

We've conceeded 6 in four games, if Fletcher or Riordan picked up an injury, I'd say roll on the derby. We look very vulnerable on the flanks.

anyone wanting a laugh should look at Dunfermline's record with Bamba in the team on Soccerbase. there was one particularly fine sequence of 3 games where they let in 12 goals without reply to Hamilton, Stirling and Livingston.

Archived