Adult apprenticeships in Edinburgh

paulyjambo

Im 25 this month and I am looking for a bit of a career change. I have been looking hard to find myself an adult apprenticeships to get myself a trade.

Does anyone know any good websites that I could search for current vacancies? Even if anyone knows companies who offer adult apprenticeships that I could contact this would help out a lot! I am not to fussed about taking a paycut

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers

Not the ideal time for getting into the building trade mate although obviously things change. With that in mind I doubt adult apprenticeships are what firms are looking to appoint at the moment. No idea what you are getting paid at the moment or your personal cisrcumstances but you would be looking at terrible low wages for a 25year old.

Not the ideal time for getting into the building trade mate although obviously things change. With that in mind I doubt adult apprenticeships are what firms are looking to appoint at the moment. No idea what you are getting paid at the moment or your personal cisrcumstances but you would be looking at terrible low wages for a 25year old.

I'm on good money just now like, not really too fussed about what i would be on just want something to focus on and work towards that aint dead end.

I think u r right tho, I'm looking at the wrong time of year

you could contact the SJIB at bush house for an electrical apprenticeship (adult trainees earn more per hour than a young apprentice) 0131 445 5577, or the CITB who cove other trades (not 100% sure if they do though)

Sorry not got any info to help out but just thought I'd say good luck. It takes a lot to get the courage to go for a career change when you could just as easily stay comfortable in your present job. I'm going back to uni this month after 5 years of working since school so pretty excited about that, took me a while to make myself do it though!

Archived