Chat with Csaba

Jamboelite

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Well Romanov was in the process of launching his takeover when Hearts played a Laszlo-managed Ferencvaros so their paths might have crossed that night.

Was it Csaba that wee Robbo kicked after that game at Murrayfield?!

Can i ask another question. He said he mentioned the way he wants to play, did he mention whether he wants to continue just playing 1 up front or is that just down to a lack of options at the moment?

Cheers

When asked this he did more drawings than Rolf Harris.

He doesnt see it as one up front he was very clear on that he sees it as one just in behind a striker so basically 2 but not playing in a traditional line alongside each other.

Its a bit hard to explain without his drawings :eek:

Thanks for posting. I like the man but he does seem to talk an awful lot and contradicts himself on a daily basis.

Stevie er Jamie is my first choice...no he's not, I always wanted the Hungarian...no I didn't, that Kaunas boy is the best I've seen....but is it OK if I have the Hungarian as well?

He seems content to put up with it all for now.

Actually he said the goalkeeping spot was up for grabs he thinks Balogh is the better keeper in training and that McDonald is still too young as you need keepers with experience thats why he needed 2keepers.

However as Kello hasnt done anything wrong since he went in the first team he wont replace him as why would you ?

So i dont think he is changing his mind

I didnt get a chance to post this part as i was typing like a maddy on my lunch.

I did ask why Karapidis plays defence mid and Jonsson plays right back and why no Ruben in the team and i'll try to explain it quicker than he took to explain it :)

Basically Ruben and Stewart are both players who like to attack (i took from this that he has talked to Ruben and Ruben has indicated this or that he has seen it in training) he also noted that neither Ruben or Stewart are particularly good in the air thats why Karapidis is good there as he is good in the air and can pass a ball and isnt overly attack minded.

He would also like one of the CB's to move up with the ball more often into midfield and carry on runs into the box and Karapidis can fill in the CB spot when these breaks happen and players are out of position.

He wants Jonsson at right back cause he thinks he could be something special there he want his LB/RB to overlap the midfielder and have the energy to be up and down the wing and putting in crosses and creating opportunities and to have the ability to defend and Eggert fits the bill (he is a great admirer of the lad).

This is the reason he wont put Karapidis at right back as he doesnt travel up and down the wing and would be too static.

Excellent to read that and you can't really argue with his reasoning.

Even before your post I thought it was pretty obvious the guy is passionate about the club. Still good hear it from someone who has spoken him.

On a side note to keep the fluffy cloud gang happy if someone had posted this but with news of Csaba being unhappy I can imagine some of the comments you would have faced. ;)

Lads and Lassies im leaving work after a very unproductive day and i wont get a chance to get online tonight so cant get to answer any other questions however there isnt anything else really to add that was about it in a nutshell.

Like i say for me all positive.

When asked this he did more drawings than Rolf Harris.

He doesnt see it as one up front he was very clear on that he sees it as one just in behind a striker so basically 2 but not playing in a traditional line alongside each other.

Its a bit hard to explain without his drawings :eek:

Now that you've mentioned that I do remember hearing/reading an interview where he said players shouldn't be in lines (ie a basic 442), which may explain why he wants RB and LB to bomb on, CB to make runs with the ball, MS to get forward while Kari drops back and forwards who aren't beside each other - one slightly deeper.

scott herbertson
I didnt get a chance to post this part as i was typing like a maddy on my lunch.

I did ask why Karapidis plays defence mid and Jonsson plays right back and why no Ruben in the team and i'll try to explain it quicker than he took to explain it :)

Basically Ruben and Stewart are both players who like to attack (i took from this that he has talked to Ruben and Ruben has indicated this or that he has seen it in training) he also noted that neither Ruben or Stewart are particularly good in the air thats why Karapidis is good there as he is good in the air and can pass a ball and isnt overly attack minded.

He would also like one of the CB's to move up with the ball more often into midfield and carry on runs into the box and Karapidis can fill in the CB spot when these breaks happen and players are out of position.

He wants Jonsson at right back cause he thinks he could be something special there he want his LB/RB to overlap the midfielder and have the energy to be up and down the wing and putting in crosses and creating opportunities and to have the ability to defend and Eggert fits the bill (he is a great admirer of the lad).

This is the reason he wont put Karapidis at right back as he doesnt travel up and down the wing and would be too static.

Anyway he explained this alot more with lots of drawings about movement etc that i cant recreate but when you listen you can see why he does what he does with players.

**Any SPL managers readings this please note its all nonsense we play a 2-2-2-4 formation

That's a very thoughtful and well reasoned analysis and justification of his selection and style of play

Thanks very much for posting this - while from Csaba's press conferences you get a flavour of this, the more detailed rationale for the selection and positioning of players is very encouraging. It does also indicate that these are his own choices and that he is no puppet.

Happy days

Guest jambomickey

i spoke to csaba at riccarton a couple of weeks ago and must say the op is spot on! the guy will answer anything you ask him and he isn't in a rush to get away from you. he really is a gentleman

Anyway he explained this alot more with lots of drawings about movement etc that i cant recreate but when you listen you can see why he does what he does with players.

**Any SPL managers readings this please note its all nonsense we play a 2-2-2-4 formation

Great post and insight into the man and his methods, you dont get that from the EEN!!!!

Well done!

I heard him at the Federation meeting. I'd been a bit naughty though and had 'blown the froth off' a few beforehand :o

Anyway, after 45mins to an hour of Csaba's 'lust for life' ...........I was about ready to have his babies :eek:

I'm 100% confident he knows whats best and I hope he gets a good kick of the ball here

Anyway, thanks for posting that .....I of course was sworn to secrecy after the Fed meeting :rolleyes::P

Do you know where hell is

That was a decent opening post, he seems to have a very infectious personality and, as many have said, he seems to know what he is talking about. It was refreshing to hear his take on the karapidis situation, it seems to make sense to me, a bit better now.

The Chinchilla

I'm not sure about anyone else but I'm addicted to watching Csaba's interviews on Hearts TV. He has the journalists in the palm of his hand and has more intelligence than them all put together!

Really like the guy and whilst disappointed we didn't get anyone yesterday I'd almost rather than bringing some diddies in who would disrupt the team by coming in and out until they left under a cloud next summer.

Anyway, Csaba has my vote in everything he has done so far. Keep up the good work!!

Respect is due.

Afternoon all,

I had the pleasure of a chat with Csaba Laszlo last night and thought i would share some of my opinions on the guy and what he chatted about.

Firstly in regards to Ratboy Hearts did have an informal inquiry about him at the weekend but that was it the rest appears to be paper talk.

I wish i was able to write down everything that he said but to be honest i only asked 4-5 questions and he was still talking over an hour later :)

Anyway its always hard to reassure Hearts fans about anything particularly after the last 2years and we are always very cynical (me included)that the Mad one is always sticking his oar in.

All i can say is this that the guys enthusiasm about Hearts and football is scary he had a paper and pencil out talking players and formations(no cups this time) and i dont mean in some weird Vlad moment but that of a man who's knowledge of football is extremely good.

The great thing for me is that he is more than happy to justify to anyone why each and every player who is on the field is playing in the position he is in, what he see's him bringing to the team, the tactics he wants and where players have to learn to do certain things in certain situations.

Before anyone asks i didnt ask him if Vlad picks the team because he's been asked by everyone else over and over again and he admitted that even he is sick of that question and anyway i didnt feel i had to for what its worth if Vlad does question why a player is playing in this team i have no doubt Csaba is more than capable of answering it indeed my guess is after an hour of Csaba telling Vlad why he picks him Vlad has probably had enough.

I also feel that his passion in regard to the players he plays and what he wants from them and the idea's he has for the team come from a man not justifying Vlad's picks but his own.

If anyone wonders the reason he was there and not doing any transfers is that they werent expecting anyone on the last day as far as i could tell.

Like i said people will still worry about who gets picked and who comes in but for me this guy has the potential to be exactly what we need an intelligent tactically aware manager who is more than happy to justify his team to anyway and seems to get the best out of players but thats just my opinion.

Anyway people will still be concerned you cant let go of 2years of misery overnight but i think if we have a bit of patience (as results will be up and down with this squad) i think we could be onto a winner.

One thing even i hadnt thought about is that he has only been in 6-7 weeks and its only the start of the season so it will take him time to develop the team the way he wants and get them to play the way he wants but i guess we all want results straight away.

Anyway hope people found this a little more positive for Kickback i know its not very often we get that :cool:

He says the guy we have taken from Kaunas is a very good technical player and he says that Kello so far has taken his chance and hasnt made any mistakes therefore doesnt feel he should change him and sees him as a good keeper with experience.

All fair to me but can understand peoples apprehension

Cant be any fairer than that: excellent thread/post mate: just galvanises what most of us feel about the Csaba. Long may he reign! Thanks again :)

Salvatore's Tash

The more I hear from him, the more I think he is a PR man more than a manager.

Banks is number 1.

Balogh is great.

Kello is super.

McDonald is awesome.

Tullberg is training.

Oh wait no he ain't.

Obua is Fantastic.

He will take pens, free kicks and corners.

He wants a Striker and a RB.

He is delighted to sign a Holding Midfielder.

He has to know everything about a player before signing him.

We sign two guys he has never met before.

Get my drift??

If he makes the signings himself it is quite possible. But more Kaunas loans are giving me doubts.

not me, its just they way vlad works, kaunus signs the players, we get the pick of them to have on loan..its the way it has been and the way it will be for a long time, and it dosnt bother me one bit. difference is now that we have a manager who has a hand in selecting who comes on loan where as before some new guy arrived at training.

csaba has said that basically kaunus's playing staff are at his disposal and he would be stupid to not use that resource if there is someone in there than can help hearts

Banks is number 1.

Balogh is great.

Kello is super.

McDonald is awesome.

Tullberg is training.

Oh wait no he ain't.

Obua is Fantastic.

Get my drift??

And he dropped Thomson too. Not that that's got anything to do with it.

What's he gonna say to the fans? The team is pish but what can I do?

Salvatore's Tash
And he dropped Thomson too. Not that that's got anything to do with it.

What's he gonna say to the fans? The team is pish but what can I do?

I have no doubt he has improved the club beyond recognition from last year.

And in fact he saved Thomson from being released.....

I just don't see why he comes out with so much stuff which isn't true!!

Cheers for post JE.

Having attended the Shareholders dinner last Thursday, I can vouch for his enthusiasm for the job, plus his knowledge.

Csaba has quoted several times saying that there is no point saying this player is poor and that player is poor as Confidence is a major factor in strengthening our team.

Csaba has been a breath of fresh air at our club, even the journos like him. In his last interview when the tape recorder stopped he tried to fix it and said it was not working because it wasn't maroon :)

I would have liked him even more if he had brought in a proven goal scorer before the window closed.

Aye 'cause they grow on trees I forgot.

Obua is Fantastic.

There is no danger the manager said that in the middle of the club shop.

Afternoon all,

I had the pleasure of a chat with Csaba Laszlo last night and thought i would share some of my opinions on the guy and what he chatted about.

Firstly in regards to Ratboy Hearts did have an informal inquiry about him at the weekend but that was it the rest appears to be paper talk.

I wish i was able to write down everything that he said but to be honest i only asked 4-5 questions and he was still talking over an hour later :)

Anyway its always hard to reassure Hearts fans about anything particularly after the last 2years and we are always very cynical (me included)that the Mad one is always sticking his oar in.

All i can say is this that the guys enthusiasm about Hearts and football is scary he had a paper and pencil out talking players and formations(no cups this time) and i dont mean in some weird Vlad moment but that of a man who's knowledge of football is extremely good.

The great thing for me is that he is more than happy to justify to anyone why each and every player who is on the field is playing in the position he is in, what he see's him bringing to the team, the tactics he wants and where players have to learn to do certain things in certain situations.

Before anyone asks i didnt ask him if Vlad picks the team because he's been asked by everyone else over and over again and he admitted that even he is sick of that question and anyway i didnt feel i had to for what its worth if Vlad does question why a player is playing in this team i have no doubt Csaba is more than capable of answering it indeed my guess is after an hour of Csaba telling Vlad why he picks him Vlad has probably had enough.

I also feel that his passion in regard to the players he plays and what he wants from them and the idea's he has for the team come from a man not justifying Vlad's picks but his own.

If anyone wonders the reason he was there and not doing any transfers is that they werent expecting anyone on the last day as far as i could tell.

Like i said people will still worry about who gets picked and who comes in but for me this guy has the potential to be exactly what we need an intelligent tactically aware manager who is more than happy to justify his team to anyway and seems to get the best out of players but thats just my opinion.

Anyway people will still be concerned you cant let go of 2years of misery overnight but i think if we have a bit of patience (as results will be up and down with this squad) i think we could be onto a winner.

One thing even i hadnt thought about is that he has only been in 6-7 weeks and its only the start of the season so it will take him time to develop the team the way he wants and get them to play the way he wants but i guess we all want results straight away.

Anyway hope people found this a little more positive for Kickback i know its not very often we get that :cool:

excellent post great to hear that he talks to the fans and takes time out

think he could be the longest manger we have had in years :):)

We_are_the_Hearts

Pretty much confirms the way I seen it with the 4-4-1-1 and the role of Karipidis and Jonsson. Still dispute the need for Karipidis against Airdrie for 120minutes but will let Csaba off for that one.:P

Banks is number 1.

Balogh is great.

Kello is super.

McDonald is awesome.

Tullberg is training.

Oh wait no he ain't.

Obua is Fantastic.

Get my drift??

Obua on a good day is fantastic. And can take pens, FKs and corners. I wouldn't waste him on corners though.

What many don't know is that, last season Obua got chronic hamstring injuries and never got enough matches to recover. That seemed to have taken a psychological toll on him. The new coach at KC didn't want to give him the minutes, but Csaba is willing. That's why he's always asking for the ball, he wants his touches on it. Those who think he doesn't head or cannot take on a man are absolutely crazy.

As for the holding midfielder, I have to ask whether the player can adjust to different footie formations and systems on top of providing experience. That's Csaba's biggest problem. The young turks are not versatile enough to change formations. Sure they can learn but it takes time. Look at how deep the defense lies and takes time to recover. It's what the defenders know and are having a hard time adjusting. The team needs more experience in all departments. And the target should be the 3 positions this year.

The young

Going tonight for a chat with Csaba and really looking forward to it however I am worried about one thing I have been twice before for the ones with Burley and Rix and within a month both were sacked!!!

3rd time lucky!!!

Drylaw Hearts
Going tonight for a chat with Csaba and really looking forward to it however I am worried about one thing I have been twice before for the ones with Burley and Rix and within a month both were sacked!!!

3rd time lucky!!!

I was going to go but I've decided to watch The Sooty Show instead.

sooty.jpg

sooty.jpg

hahhahahahahha - you really are naughty DH:rolleyes:

We_are_the_Hearts

sooty.jpg

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:hobofish:

Banks is number 1.

Balogh is great.

Kello is super.

McDonald is awesome.

Tullberg is training.

Oh wait no he ain't.

Obua is Fantastic.

Get my drift??

Why would he bad mouth any of his players or the club in public?

Regarding the Kaunas boys, he saw them both in Germany. Unless this is another one of his 'lies'.

I'm glad to have a manager with a good sense of PR. The more we have the press on our side, the better.

Sorry at Tynecastle he was being introduced to some members of the fans groups but as most had met him already and the Fans Forum hadnt yet, the rest of the groups were happy for me to ask questions i wanted.

You say that you were there as the Fans Forum were you the only member from the Fans Forum there? So far the Fans Forum has not had there AGM and I have asked questions in that section and nobody seems to know what is happening. Surely if the Fans Forum is to continue then they have a legal obligation to hold there AGM as per committee rules and if I am wrong then I stand corrected.

If any of the members of the board for the Fans Forum are members here then can I ask them to address the AGM issue and let us know whats happening as I know there are members who would like to get involved.

Don't get me wrong Csaba sounds like he is the kind of man who will get the club turned round and get us going in the right direction.

Norman

Archived