Chat with Csaba

Jamboelite

Afternoon all,

I had the pleasure of a chat with Csaba Laszlo last night and thought i would share some of my opinions on the guy and what he chatted about.

Firstly in regards to Ratboy Hearts did have an informal inquiry about him at the weekend but that was it the rest appears to be paper talk.

I wish i was able to write down everything that he said but to be honest i only asked 4-5 questions and he was still talking over an hour later :)

Anyway its always hard to reassure Hearts fans about anything particularly after the last 2years and we are always very cynical (me included)that the Mad one is always sticking his oar in.

All i can say is this that the guys enthusiasm about Hearts and football is scary he had a paper and pencil out talking players and formations(no cups this time) and i dont mean in some weird Vlad moment but that of a man who's knowledge of football is extremely good.

The great thing for me is that he is more than happy to justify to anyone why each and every player who is on the field is playing in the position he is in, what he see's him bringing to the team, the tactics he wants and where players have to learn to do certain things in certain situations.

Before anyone asks i didnt ask him if Vlad picks the team because he's been asked by everyone else over and over again and he admitted that even he is sick of that question and anyway i didnt feel i had to for what its worth if Vlad does question why a player is playing in this team i have no doubt Csaba is more than capable of answering it indeed my guess is after an hour of Csaba telling Vlad why he picks him Vlad has probably had enough.

I also feel that his passion in regard to the players he plays and what he wants from them and the idea's he has for the team come from a man not justifying Vlad's picks but his own.

If anyone wonders the reason he was there and not doing any transfers is that they werent expecting anyone on the last day as far as i could tell.

Like i said people will still worry about who gets picked and who comes in but for me this guy has the potential to be exactly what we need an intelligent tactically aware manager who is more than happy to justify his team to anyway and seems to get the best out of players but thats just my opinion.

Anyway people will still be concerned you cant let go of 2years of misery overnight but i think if we have a bit of patience (as results will be up and down with this squad) i think we could be onto a winner.

One thing even i hadnt thought about is that he has only been in 6-7 weeks and its only the start of the season so it will take him time to develop the team the way he wants and get them to play the way he wants but i guess we all want results straight away.

Anyway hope people found this a little more positive for Kickback i know its not very often we get that :cool:

marshallschunkychicken
Afternoon all,

I had the pleasure of a chat with Csaba Laszlo last night and thought i would share some of my opinions on the guy and what he chatted about.

Firstly in regards to Ratboy Hearts did have an informal inquiry about him at the weekend but that was it the rest appears to be paper talk.

I wish i was able to write down everything that he said but to be honest i only asked 4-5 questions and he was still talking over an hour later :)

Anyway its always hard to reassure Hearts fans about anything particularly after the last 2years and we are always very cynical (me included)that the Mad one is always sticking his oar in.

All i can say is this that the guys enthusiasm about Hearts and football is scary he had a paper and pencil out talking players and formations(no cups this time) and i dont mean in some weird Vlad moment but that of a man who's knowledge of football is extremely good.

The great thing for me is that he is more than happy to justify to anyone why each and every player who is on the field is playing in the position he is in, what he see's him bringing to the team, the tactics he wants and where players have to learn to do certain things in certain situations.

Before anyone asks i didnt ask him if Vlad picks the team because he's been asked by everyone else over and over again and he admitted that even he is sick of that question and anyway i didnt feel i had to for what its worth if Vlad does question why a player is playing in this team i have no doubt Csaba is more than capable of answering it indeed my guess is after an hour of Csaba telling Vlad why he picks him Vlad has probably had enough.

I also feel that his passion in regard to the players he plays and what he wants from them and the idea's he has for the team come from a man not justifying Vlad's picks but his own.

If anyone wonders the reason he was there and not doing any transfers is that they werent expecting anyone on the last day as far as i could tell.

Like i said people will still worry about who gets picked and who comes in but for me this guy has the potential to be exactly what we need an intelligent tactically aware manager who is more than happy to justify his team to anyway and seems to get the best out of players but thats just my opinion.

Anyway people will still be concerned you cant let go of 2years of misery overnight but i think if we have a bit of patience (as results will be up and down with this squad) i think we could be onto a winner.

One thing even i hadnt thought about is that he has only been in 6-7 weeks and its only the start of the season so it will take him time to develop the team the way he wants and get them to play the way he wants but i guess we all want results straight away.

Anyway hope people found this a little more positive for Kickback i know its not very often we get that :cool:

Interesting. Cheers for posting that :thumb:

Jambof3tornado

I am afraid that the post may well be a little too positive for some on here to handle,but it all sounds fairly good to me.

A manager with passion,thats just whats been missing,and if some of that passion can transfer to the players then what a season we may be about to have(compared with the last 2 at least).

Still believing 2008/09,coz eventually we will get it right!!!:cool:

Captain Scarlett
Csaba giving the right amount of time will have us right up there again.

Hers hoping he does. Everyone needs to remember that its not all down to him though, he needs the support of us and all around to get us back up where we belong. here's to a good positive season.;):)

Afternoon all,

Great post.

What did you ask him?

What were his answers?

Afternoon all,

Good to hear and quite interesting. Thanks for that.

Can you shed any light on where is "there" and why you were chatting to him?

He strikes me as someone who has a plan and knows how players work. I pray he's allowed to implement his plan without interference.

Your point about VR having enough after an hour or so of explanation is probably very valid.

Csaba giving the right amount of time will have us right up there again.

If he makes the signings himself it is quite possible. But more Kaunas loans are giving me doubts.

I am afraid that the post may well be a little too positive for some on here to handle,but it all sounds fairly good to me.

A manager with passion,thats just whats been missing,and if some of that passion can transfer to the players then what a season we may be about to have(compared with the last 2 at least).

Still believing 2008/09,coz eventually we will get it right!!!:cool:

Sorry i know its not JKB norm to be overly cheery.

I can only say that if your in a room with him for even a short term his love of football, his knowledge and his enthusiasm for the job ahead of him (even though he is aware the difficulty) it cant help but rub off.

He did say the likes of CO and others around the club are some of the best he has worked with and without them his job wouldnt be as easy.

He isnt unrealistic either he wants top 6 this season and see how high up he can get us after that.

Afternoon all,

Dont want to sound negative about a very positive post cos I genuinely think thngs have improved however Csaba recognised our lack of strikers almost immediately and i would have hoped he had a lsit of strikers in the weeks he has been here. With Tullberg still an unknown quantity and Nade still looking he cant last 90mins we have few options.

Hopefully the answer is he simply didnt identify and secure someone it time and the decision was not to buy for buying sake.

Still Great to hear how enthusiastic he is. Did you ask how he is liking Edinburgh and the reception he has had?

Good to hear and quite interesting. Thanks for that.

Can you shed any light on where is "there" and why you were chatting to him?

He strikes me as someone who has a plan and knows how players work. I pray he's allowed to implement his plan without interference.

Your point about VR having enough after an hour or so of explanation is probably very valid.

Sorry at Tynecastle he was being introduced to some members of the fans groups but as most had met him already and the Fans Forum hadnt yet the rest of the groups were happy for me to ask questions i wanted.

If he makes the signings himself it is quite possible. But more Kaunas loans are giving me doubts.

As long as they are good enough i could not give a **** where they come from.Kello has been good so far and the start that Zal has made this season he looks like one of the best CB in the league.

He says the guy we have taken from Kaunas is a very good technical player and he says that Kello so far has taken his chance and hasnt made any mistakes therefore doesnt feel he should change him and sees him as a good keeper with experience.

All fair to me but can understand peoples apprehension

Interesting. Cheers for posting that :thumb:

Thanks

But prepare to have your post taken to pieces and examined for holes.

Dont want to sound negative about a very positive post cos I genuinely think thngs have improved however Csaba recognised our lack of strikers almost immediately and i would have hoped he had a lsit of strikers in the weeks he has been here. With Tullberg still an unknown quantity and Nade still looking he cant last 90mins we have few options.

Hopefully the answer is he simply didnt identify and secure someone it time and the decision was not to buy for buying sake.

Still Great to hear how enthusiastic he is. Did you ask how he is liking Edinburgh and the reception he has had?

He recognises the striker issue he didnt say he did or didnt look for one i just think IMO that he didnt have time to get anyone he wanted and i dont see him buying for the sake of it.

Thanks

But prepare to have your post taken to pieces and examined for holes.

Its JKB isnt it :)

To be honest im at work and really need to get my finger out and do some work but happy to answer as much as i can when i can.

thanks for sharing that, its always good to read something this positive.

i like csaba and really hope things work out with us all

Interesting O.P. Well done.

Thought for a moment that I had stumbled into some parallel universe where Kickback was full of positivity.

interesting and delighted we have a passionate manager in place and as already posted hopefully transfer onto the players. I do beleive that we have a good set of players, just a few of them need a right good kick up the @rse!!!

Cheers

jamboinglasgow
He says the guy we have taken from Kaunas is a very good technical player and he says that Kello so far has taken his chance and hasnt made any mistakes therefore doesnt feel he should change him and sees him as a good keeper with experience.

All fair to me but can understand peoples apprehension

I can agree with him about Kello and he knows more than me about the adrian so will trust him.

I would love to sit down and ask Csaba about what he plans to do outside the first team, i.e. changing the systems of hearts, changing the academy to make it even better, how he plans to create a top class scouting network, when he said he wanted to change things with the facilities at Riccarton what did he plan, will he bring any new personnel in. etc

though think if I had an hour I could only ask 2 questions.

Interesting and encouraging stuff - thanks for posting it.

Whilst we all know not everything is as it should be at Hearts, I'd much rather have this guy on board, trying to move things in the right direction for us and implementing the changes he has identified as being crucial, than the catalogue of incompetence, inexperience, and toadyism that we've had to put up with since Burley's departure.

We're at least starting to look and play like a real team again, and that is entirely down to Csaba and the player's positive response to him.

I can agree with him about Kello and he knows more than me about the adrian so will trust him.

I would love to sit down and ask Csaba about what he plans to do outside the first team, i.e. changing the systems of hearts, changing the academy to make it even better, how he plans to create a top class scouting network, when he said he wanted to change things with the facilities at Riccarton what did he plan, will he bring any new personnel in. etc

though think if I had an hour I could only ask 2 questions.

Maybe even 1 question depending on what it is but you dont get bored listening.

To be honest im at work and really need to get my finger out and do some work but happy to answer as much as i can when i can.

Cheers for the info.

:)

I dont know mate, you've posted info from the mouth of a horse that the vast majority of Hearts fans like and will be interested in.

Dont think this will turn into a rant fest....

Might be wrong though :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo

Cheers for the info. Glad to hear Csaba is really as passionate as he comes across in interviews etc.

Not surprised to see the usual suspects ignoring the thread subject, and seeing this as another chance to have a go at fellow posters for something that hasn't even happened. :P

Guest JamboRobbo
I dont know mate, you've posted info from the mouth of a horse that the vast majority of Hearts fans like and will be interested in.

Dont think this will turn into a rant fest....

Might be wrong though :rolleyes:

Certainly, some people seem more keen to have a premature go at others than to comment on the thread subject itself. The usual suspects of course.

Can we please drop the nonsense children? As for Csaba, I wish we'd appointed him after GB.

...but that the appointment had still happened this summer ;)

Interstingly Csaba appeared to indicate at the shareholders night that he first met Vlad BEFORE Vlad took over at Hearts

So, Vlad was aware of Csaba when he emptied Burley....

I didnt get a chance to post this part as i was typing like a maddy on my lunch.

I did ask why Karapidis plays defence mid and Jonsson plays right back and why no Ruben in the team and i'll try to explain it quicker than he took to explain it :)

Basically Ruben and Stewart are both players who like to attack (i took from this that he has talked to Ruben and Ruben has indicated this or that he has seen it in training) he also noted that neither Ruben or Stewart are particularly good in the air thats why Karapidis is good there as he is good in the air and can pass a ball and isnt overly attack minded.

He would also like one of the CB's to move up with the ball more often into midfield and carry on runs into the box and Karapidis can fill in the CB spot when these breaks happen and players are out of position.

He wants Jonsson at right back cause he thinks he could be something special there he want his LB/RB to overlap the midfielder and have the energy to be up and down the wing and putting in crosses and creating opportunities and to have the ability to defend and Eggert fits the bill (he is a great admirer of the lad).

This is the reason he wont put Karapidis at right back as he doesnt travel up and down the wing and would be too static.

Anyway he explained this alot more with lots of drawings about movement etc that i cant recreate but when you listen you can see why he does what he does with players.

**Any SPL managers readings this please note its all nonsense we play a 2-2-2-4 formation

Chad Sexington

Good OP. Thanks mate.

I tell you what, Csaba has played a blinder at the winning hearts and minds game. He's far more popular with the fans than I thought he would be initially.

I think everyone recognises that he's hugely passionate about his team and the way it plays. Of course it helps that he's pulled out some decent results and performances with last seasons diddies.

I think we were lucky to get him. Now, leave him to do his job Vlad.

He would also like one of the CB's to move up with the ball more often into midfield and carry on runs into the box and Karapidis can fill in the CB spot when these breaks happen and players are out of position.

He wants Jonsson at right back cause he thinks he could be something special there he want his LB/RB to overlap the midfielder and have the energy to be up and down the wing and putting in crosses and creating opportunities and to have the ability to defend and Eggert fits the bill (he is a great admirer of the lad).

This is the reason he wont put Karapidis at right back as he doesnt travel up and down the wing and would be too static.

Cant actually disagree with any of that - not that I want to, of course :cool:

Good insightful stuff.

I really would like to see how Csaba gets on over at least 2 seasons, without his hands being tied

Afternoon all,

Cheers JE

I didnt get a chance to post this part as i was typing like a maddy on my lunch.

I did ask why Karapidis plays defence mid and Jonsson plays right back and why no Ruben in the team and i'll try to explain it quicker than he took to explain it :)

Basically Ruben and Stewart are both players who like to attack (i took from this that he has talked to Ruben and Ruben has indicated this or that he has seen it in training) he also noted that neither Ruben or Stewart are particularly good in the air thats why Karapidis is good there as he is good in the air and can pass a ball and isnt overly attack minded.

Anyway he explained this alot more with lots of drawings about movement etc that i cant recreate but when you listen you can see why he does what he does with players.

**Any SPL managers readings this please note its all nonsense we play a 2-2-2-4 formation

And note that you are all a bunch of *****s

Guest Dipped Flake

The more I hear about this guy the more I like him. He sounds like a fascinating character and also, more importantly to a lot of people, he also sounds like he is behind all the team-making decisions.

So whens your next meeting JE?

I'm sure a few posters would like a few questions answered....;)

Do you take requests?

...but that the appointment had still happened this summer ;)

Interstingly Csaba appeared to indicate at the shareholders night that he first met Vlad BEFORE Vlad took over at Hearts

So, Vlad was aware of Csaba when he emptied Burley....

Well Romanov was in the process of launching his takeover when Hearts played a Laszlo-managed Ferencvaros so their paths might have crossed that night.

marshallschunkychicken

In one fell swoop, Csaba answers one of the big questions that has been debated on here for a while now.

Excellent.

In one fell swoop, Csaba answers one of the big questions that has been debated on here for a while now.

Excellent.

No he didnt i did ;)

LarrysRightFoot

Very good post. Very interesting. I would love to talk to Csaba, he sounds like he really knows what he is talking about - what a difference to what we have been used too in the recent past.

Well Romanov was in the process of launching his takeover when Hearts played a Laszlo-managed Ferencvaros so their paths might have crossed that night.

Good point

Csaba made it sound as though he was sounded out by Vlad at the time they met

Maybe he was....

Have yet to hear of anyone meeting the man who didn't like him.

If I'm reading this correctly there was an actual explanation for a decision in there....when the hell was the last time we actually had any explanation for anything from anyone at Tynie? :) It's a small step for football but a giant one for Hearts FC over the last 2 years!

Thanks for posting. I like the man but he does seem to talk an awful lot and contradicts himself on a daily basis.

Stevie er Jamie is my first choice...no he's not, I always wanted the Hungarian...no I didn't, that Kaunas boy is the best I've seen....but is it OK if I have the Hungarian as well?

He seems content to put up with it all for now.

Thanks for posting. I like the man but he does seem to talk an awful lot and contradicts himself on a daily basis.

Stevie er Jamie is my first choice...no he's not, I always wanted the Hungarian...no I didn't, that Kaunas boy is the best I've seen....but is it OK if I have the Hungarian as well?

"A man's allowed to change his mind".

- Alf, Home and Away.

Buffalo Bill

No he didnt i did ;)

Can i ask another question. He said he mentioned the way he wants to play, did he mention whether he wants to continue just playing 1 up front or is that just down to a lack of options at the moment?

Cheers

LarrysRightFoot

He is not alone in the footballing world in doing that. Infact most people do it.

Just look at Kevin "Milner will not leave Newcastle... It was my choice to sell him" Keegan and what has happened to him today!

Which is another point Newcastle and Man City have shown over the last two days that its not just our owner who makes decisions/buys/sells players without discussing it with the manager first.

Archived