It's Official: Keegan Has Gone!?/ Hasn't Gone!? (merged)

Captain Scarlett

Guest jambomickey
Basically, I got in from work just before 2, with SSN's top story that their sources believe Keegan had left. From then they regularly went to their reporter at St James' where a croud began to buuild up.

Pretty soon they were saying there were undreds of supporters standing outside singing "sack the board", "ashley out", "one kevin keegan" etc.

The whole time SSN are trying to contact the club but they're saying nothing.

By late afternoon the fans have banners and everything!

Then about 20 mins ago the club release a statement saying he's not been sacked, then they go back to St James where fans are dancing in the street and downing bottles or cider or something!

Very wierd.

Anyway, Keegan's not been sacked but the club's not said whether he actually still is the manager.

thanks jen! newcastle my english team and i go down there whenever they play different day to hearts' my mate down there has got his mobile switched off and i not got setanta

according to SSN just there the statement said he IS still the manager....

Oh, must have heard it wrong. I thought they were saying the statement was ambiguous so they knew he hadn't been sacked but weren't sure if he'd been moved somewhere else in the club and therefore not the manager anymore.

Oh, must have heard it wrong. I thought they were saying the statement was ambiguous so they knew he hadn't been sacked but weren't sure if he'd been moved somewhere else in the club and therefore not the manager anymore.

they did but then they read out the statement in full and it said he was still manager...i think....:confused:

they did but then they read out the statement in full and it said he was still manager...i think....:confused:

lol, glad NUFC have cleared that up! :confused:

Guest jambomickey
NUFC have confirmed that KK will continue as manager (BBC tv)

brilliant! mike ashley would get run out of town if he sacked king kev

brilliant! mike ashley would get run out of town if he sacked king kev

SSN now reporting that Keegan had told friends this morning he'd been fired.

Probably more cr@p from SSN trying to make their initial story look plausible now.

Kevin Keegan has apparently told friends and family he has been FIRED.

Meanwhile Newcastle Utd insist he is still their manager and hasnt left or been fired.

Suddenly being a Hearts fans seems almost normal.

:)

I would absolutley love it if he was our next manager

LOVE IT

Hey Wooksie: I think your humour was a wee bit misinterpreted by a few of our Jambo brethren.....however I absolutely love it, Love it!! ;)

Chad Sexington

Ho ho.

What a shambles.

Looks like the board have bottled it from the angry mob.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm

The future of Kevin Keegan and the manager's role at Newcastle United is unclear after the club insisted it had not sacked him.

BBC Sport understands Keegan, 57, had left the club following a series of meetings with the board.

But in a statement, the club said: "Kevin has raised a number of issues.

"We'd like to stress Kevin is extremely important both now and in the future and want him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager."

However, the statement did not go into detail as to whether Keegan had left the club in the preceding hours as BBC Sport had been led to understand.

Outside St James' Park, Newcastle fans made their feelings known hearing media reports he was not the club boss, with a large majority in support of Keegan and calling for owner Mike Ashley to step down.

Ho ho.

What a shambles.

Looks like the board have bottles it from the angry mob.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm

The future of Kevin Keegan and the manager's role at Newcastle United is unclear after the club insisted it had not sacked him.

BBC Sport understands Keegan, 57, had left the club following a series of meetings with the board.

But in a statement, the club said: "Kevin has raised a number of issues.

"We'd like to stress Kevin is extremely important both now and in the future and want him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager."

However, the statement did not go into detail as to whether Keegan had left the club in the preceding hours as BBC Sport had been led to understand.

Outside St James' Park, Newcastle fans made their feelings known hearing media reports he was not the club boss, with a large majority in support of Keegan and calling for owner Mike Ashley to step down.

Get the impression that Newcastle are trying to buy some time to talk keegan in to staying/coming back.

Conflict between the boss and the board over Keegan's backing of Joey Barton- Blackburn made a bid but Keegan didn't want to sell. This only adds fuel to an already burning fire due to the sale of James Milner. Looks to me that the board underestimated the suppport for King Kev and are rapidly backtracking from an early stance that he could go if didn't want to tow the party line...

lost in leith
Well, they'll be paying out to me. KK 7/1 first premiership casualty of the season :):):):)

Hope you haven't spent that ?8 yet :P

Hope you haven't spent that ?8 yet :P

thats a good point - how gutted would you be!

anyone know if the bookies paid out on it before it turned out to be balls?

Great news - KK is a great Manager who lives and breathes football.

I suspect he has a wee place in his Heart for the Jambos as well

Can I ask why you wanted me to say it was unofficial when it was actually official???

Of course you may ask.

The reason is that it is not "official". Indeed, even as I sit here replying to your post the following morning, it is not official. On the contrary, the only thing which is "official" is that Keegan is still employed by Newcastle.

My point is and was that it is tiresome in the extreme to have things described as "official" or "fact" when they are actually unofficial, speculation and rumour.

That's all.

GC

Well, they'll be paying out to me. KK 7/1 first premiership casualty of the season :):):):)

So close!

Newcastle's *****ing around before announcing the inevitable has just cost you a pay out. You might get lucky though if Bookies stand to lose more on Curbs going first :rolleyes:

Archived