It's Official: Keegan Has Gone!?/ Hasn't Gone!? (merged)

Captain Scarlett

Captain Scarlett
caps-lock.jpg

Dude ...... no need to shout.

Hahahaha i never realised till i finished. Thanks for the reminder anyway. lol. SORRY IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!!! hahahahaha

Captain Scarlett
Unbelievable. The Geordies will be raging/gutted

The geordies are raging with owner. I smell a geordie protest.

Hahahaha i never realised till i finished. Thanks for the reminder anyway. lol. SORRY IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!!! hahahahaha

:P

:thumb:

Captain Scarlett
BOO! did he jump or was he pushed

Jumped just as he was getting pushed. Same old same old with Keegan.

thehibsareintheirbeds

bad bad move on newcastle's part- they seem to have done everything they could over the past few days to make his position impossible.....think he should've binned barton but they were looking decent this season

ITS OFFICIAL HE IS AWAY. ON SKY SPORTS NOW, HE HAS LEFT NEWCASTLE

Doesn't say on the Sky sports site or BBC???

Auldreekie1874

Nothings been confirmed on ssn either. They reckon that he has gone but are still awaiting confirmation.

Captain Scarlett

It musn't be updated yet. on sky sports news thje breaking news at the bottom says "Breaking news--Kevin Keegan HAS left Newcastle"

SkyNews.com

Football manager Kevin Keegan has quit Premier League club Newcastle United, Sky sources reveal.

Ever-animated Keegan at work on the sideline

The ex-England boss and captain's second reign with the Magpies came to an end after his hopes for three or four major signings failed to materialise.

The transfer window closed at midnight on Monday.

Sky sources had said earlier that the 57-year-old missed a training session because he was locked in talks with club owner Mike Ashley.

Fans blasted Newcastle?s board over the news.

It's an absolute farce, you cannot run a football club like this.

This is on a par with what happened 12 years ago. I wouldn't blame Keegan for going whatsoever.

Independent Newcastle United Supporters Association's Frank Gilmour highlighting how Keegan quit in 1997 over off-pitch interference

Keegan was appointed Newcastle manager for a second time on January 16 after the sacking of Sam Allardyce.

As a player, he had enjoyed a glittering career with Liverpool, Newcastle and England, retiring in 1984.

But he returned to the game as Newcastle boss in 1992 before also going on to manage Fulham, England and Manchester City.

He went back to St James' Park earlier this year but was thought to be unhappy with restructuring at the club which saw Dennis Wise appointed as executive director (football).

Geordie folk-hero Keegan recently claimed James Milner would not be sold - only for the midfielder to join Aston Villa in a ?12m deal.

But, having been unable to add to the signings of Argentinian pair Fabricio Coloccini and Jonas Gutierrez with several big-name stars, he was believed to have become disillusioned with his lot at Newcastle.

Bookmakers around the Boleyn Ground area will be smoking large cigars at that news.

Well, they'll be paying out to me. KK 7/1 first premiership casualty of the season :):):):)

Bet he wished he stayed at his football school and told the magpies to feck off ;)

Newcastle should just go the whole hog and install that revolving door on the manager's office, would save a bit of time and energy.

i think it was always gonna be the case at newcastle. keegan was a stop gap, a fans favourite in order to steady the ship after the big sam nonsense!!!

I fancy Dennis Wise was appointed in the role he is in now knowing fine well that he was gonna be next Newcastle Manager. Dennis Wise made all those signings last night IMO

Auldreekie1874

Sky "sources" are now hearing that Keegan has been sacked, not walked

Still no official word.

ITS OFFICIAL HE IS AWAY. ON SKY SPORTS NOW, HE HAS LEFT NEWCASTLE

Can you edit this so that it says "Unofficial" please - thats the word you were searching for.

Tiresome

GC

i think it was always gonna be the case at newcastle. keegan was a stop gap, a fans favourite in order to steady the ship after the big sam nonsense!!!

I fancy Dennis Wise was appointed in the role he is in now knowing fine well that he was gonna be next Newcastle Manager. Dennis Wise made all those signings last night IMO

Thats a fair shout.

I would expect him to at least be appointed as interim coach in the next couple of days (should Keegan's sacking be confirmed)

True, I dont think he was on the radar till Harry Rednapp knocked them back

leaving them right up sheet creek.

Might be a few managers willing to move about if transfer promises haven't materialised now ?

Chad Sexington

The Beeb are running with it now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7593683.stm

Manager Kevin Keegan has left Newcastle United after only eight months in charge, BBC Radio 5 Live understands.

The 57-year-old held talks with the club's board on Tuesday morning amid reports he was unhappy with a lack of control over transfer activity.

Newcastle's only business on transfer deadline day was a ?5.7m swoop for Spanish striker Xisco and the loan signing of midfielder Ignacio Gonzalez.

The ex-England boss rejoined the club in January for a second spell as boss.

Newcastle are 11th in the Premier League having picked up just four points from their opening three games.

More soon.

Captain Scarlett
Can you edit this so that it says "Unofficial" please - thats the word you were searching for.

Tiresome

GC

Can I ask why you wanted me to say it was unofficial when it was actually official???

Keegans stance in defending Joey Barton seems to have cost him.

i was thinking another reason was he maybe gave the board a piece of his mind for selling Milner?

I would absolutley love it if he was our next manager

LOVE IT

Do one, he's a terrible manager and we've got a decent one just now.

The Poisonous little dwarf, who is Dennis Chelski Wise is waiting in the wings. begging. this man is a horrible little scroat and I do feel sorry for the Geordies.

he's not been sacked....SSN now

It's official - he's not. Wonder what the Hell's going on there though. Ot's taken them about 7 hours at least to get that statement out.

Some people at SSn must be feeling a little stupid. As will the protesting fans.

It's official - he's not. Wonder what the Hell's going on there though. Ot's taken them about 7 hours at least to get that statement out.

Some people at SSn must be feeling a little stupid. As will the protesting fans.

its crazy! good entertainement though - got SSN on instead of masterchef its that intriguing!

its crazy! good entertainement though - got SSN on instead of masterchef its that intriguing!

Had it on for the last few hours in the background while doing stuff around the house. It's been mad. Does no-one work in Newcastle btw?!?!

Actually, I know the answer to that. My sister's down there at Uni and can't get a part-time job because all the locals only want to work part-time! :eek:

Guest jambomickey
Had it on for the last few hours in the background while doing stuff around the house. It's been mad. Does no-one work in Newcastle btw?!?!

Actually, I know the answer to that. My sister's down there at Uni and can't get a part-time job because all the locals only want to work part-time! :eek:

what's happening jen?

what's happening jen?

Basically, I got in from work just before 2, with SSN's top story that their sources believe Keegan had left. From then they regularly went to their reporter at St James' where a croud began to buuild up.

Pretty soon they were saying there were undreds of supporters standing outside singing "sack the board", "ashley out", "one kevin keegan" etc.

The whole time SSN are trying to contact the club but they're saying nothing.

By late afternoon the fans have banners and everything!

Then about 20 mins ago the club release a statement saying he's not been sacked, then they go back to St James where fans are dancing in the street and downing bottles or cider or something!

Very wierd.

Anyway, Keegan's not been sacked but the club's not said whether he actually still is the manager.

Basically, I got in from work just before 2, with SSN's top story that their sources believe Keegan had left. From then they regularly went to their reporter at St James' where a croud began to buuild up.

Pretty soon they were saying there were undreds of supporters standing outside singing "sack the board", "ashley out", "one kevin keegan" etc.

The whole time SSN are trying to contact the club but they're saying nothing.

By late afternoon the fans have banners and everything!

Then about 20 mins ago the club release a statement saying he's not been sacked, then they go back to St James where fans are dancing in the street and downing bottles or cider or something!

Very wierd.

Anyway, Keegan's not been sacked but the club's not said whether he actually still is the manager.

according to SSN just there the statement said he IS still the manager....

Commander Harris
Kevin Keegan - Official NUFC Statement

NEWCASTLE United can confirm that meetings between members of the Board and manager Kevin Keegan were held both yesterday and today.

Kevin has raised a number of issues and those have been discussed with him.

The Club wants to keep progressing with its long-term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important, both now and in the future.

Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the Club.

For the avoidance of doubt the Club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manager

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1383045,00.html

Kevin Keegan - Official NUFC Statement

NEWCASTLE United can confirm that meetings between members of the Board and manager Kevin Keegan were held both yesterday and today.

Kevin has raised a number of issues and those have been discussed with him.

The Club wants to keep progressing with its long-term strategy and would like to stress that Kevin is extremely important, both now and in the future.

Newcastle United values the effort and commitment shown by Kevin since his return to St. James' Park and wants him to continue to play an instrumental role as manager of the Club.

For the avoidance of doubt the Club has not sacked Kevin Keegan as manager.

Quite a strange statement that just stresses that he hasn't been sacked, but is he thinking about resigning as it doesn't say he is still the manager?

Archived