Why the disappointment?

Jambo83

We have signed Kello, Balogh, Tullberg, Obua & the token Kuanas player, who is still an uknown quantity. More importantly, I feel, we have kept hold of Berra, Kingston & Driver. Rate them or not, we also still have Robbie, Bruno, Glen & Beslija out injured and at least 2 of them are nearing a return.

In my opinion we still have the 3rd best squad by a fair distance and I don't really want Hearts splashing out on transfer fees and wages at this time. The debt has been brought down considerably with the sale of Gordon and Bednar, and of course the debt for equity deal. Why would we want to delve deeper into the red after all this?

After seeing the poor start to the season by Dundee Utd, I now feel we have a team capable of finishing 3rd. How many of us wouldn't have accepted this before the season kicked off?

I know people will say we still need better full backs and a goalscorer, but after Eggert's last 2 displays, goals coming from midfield and 2 injured strikers nearing fitness, I think we have these players already at our disposal.

Roll on September 13 and another fine away day @ Falkirk :av-1001:

We have signed Kello, Balogh, Tullberg, Obua & the token Kuanas player, who is still an uknown quantity. More importantly, I feel, we have kept hold of Berra, Kingston & Driver. Rate them or not, we also still have Robbie, Bruno, Glen & Beslija out injured and at least 2 of them are nearing a return.

In my opinion we still have the 3rd best squad by a fair distance and I don't really want Hearts splashing out on transfer fees and wages at this time. The debt has been brought down considerably with the sale of Gordon and Bednar, and of course the debt for equity deal. Why would we want to delve deeper into the red after all this?

After seeing the poor start to the season by Dundee Utd, I now feel we have a team capable of finishing 3rd. How many of us wouldn't have accepted this before the season kicked off?

I know people will say we still need better full backs and a goalscorer, but after Eggert's last 2 displays, goals coming from midfield and 2 injured strikers nearing fitness, I think we have these players already at our disposal.

Roll on September 13 and another fine away day @ Falkirk :av-1001:

We weren't promised anyone.

We did go in for Riordan, a player who made his preferences clear.

The transfer window is shut without any surprises, for good or bad,

Yet people still find the time to get all irate about something.

Yes it would have been nice to get someone in, but its not as if they said we were definitely getting X and Y only to be denied.

People would moan if we got more Kaunas players in.

People are moaning because we didn't get any more players in.

People would moan if we got Riordan.

People are moaning because didn't get Riordan

Its as if what they had in their minds about what we should do, is some sort of bottom line and the club is failing to deliver if it doesn't do exactly what the fans have in their heads....very odd.

I'm only dissapointed because it is fun to bring in 8 new players at 2 mins to midnight and I have missed that fun.

From a Hearts point of view, I think we have done very nicely over the closed season compared with what we might have got in years gone by.

Not sensational but sensible.

I honestly think that if Csaba keeps up the work he has started then there is plenty more to come from the players we have left and the players that have arrived - and we signed more than most.

I'm only dissapointed because it is fun to bring in 8 new players at 2 mins to midnight and I have missed that fun.

From a Hearts point of view, I think we have done very nicely over the closed season compared with what we might have got in years gone by.

Not sensational but sensible.

I honestly think that if Csaba keeps up the work he has started then there is plenty more to come from the players we have left and the players that have arrived - and we signed more than most.

Yep.

The excitement of that window 2 years ago was great. But it really didn't progress the club.

Id like to think Csaba doing his thing, his way, slowly but surely, is far more of a forward step than any last minute signings.

Guest GhostHunter

We've probably just, over the course of the last few months, saved the equivalent of ?5m in wages.

Which is a good thing.

Drylaw Hearts
Yep.

The excitement of that window 2 years ago was great. But it really didn't progress the club.

Id like to think Csaba doing his thing, his way, slowly but surely, is far more of a forward step than any last minute signings.

I'd like to think Csaba is doing things his way but with the signing of Tullberg after a 20 minute trial and the standard 2 FBK Kaunas signings I think he is doing things someoneelse's way.

Yep.

Agree 100%

I think there is only disappointment because people still believe we are or should be challenging for the league under Vlad.

If people accept we are simply dawdling along as it has " 'ae been", but with a little more apparent security as regards Tynecastle we'd all get along much better and we'd all be less disappointed

Yes Romanov unfairly raised our expectations (he needed to for his own gain at the time) but his aspirations are now abundantly clear.

If Csaba is left alone we should still have an exciting enough challenge for 4th. We may or may not get it, but then, in the past we sometimes did sometimes didnt qualify for Europe too

Drylaw Hearts
We've probably just, over the course of the last few months, saved the equivalent of ?5m in wages.

Which is a good thing.

Our wage bill will be much lower than it was previously which is without doubt a good thing.

However....

We have still to see how much money has been given to FBK for the loaning of several of thier players - again.

I'd like to think Csaba is doing things his way but with the signing of Tullberg after a 20 minute trial and the standard 2 FBK Kaunas signings I think he is doing things someoneelse's way.

I know you do.

Drylaw Hearts
Would you send Kello back now though?

I wouldn't.

As it would only leave us with Balogh and MacDonald - no I wouldn't either.

marshallschunkychicken

Agreed, that was a really exciting time.

I think that it had a serious WTF effect on the dressing room when it happened though....

ginger jambo98

I'm just delighted that the whole transfer windown thing is now a non-issue until the New Year so that we can concentrate on the team continuing to gel together as we look to consolidate in the top half of the league rather than the bottom half.

Almost 2 weeks until our next game, hopefully we can get Tullberg, Nade and Obua up to match fitness by then !!

As it would only leave us with Balogh and MacDonald - no I wouldn't either.

Actually i'm basing on that on his apparent shot stopping capabilities, confidence in taking crosses, and his compusure with the ball at his feet.

I think he's made one small error in two games, other than that he's looked solid. He's about 5" smaller than Gordon but looks a lot more physical coming for high balls.

Drylaw Hearts
Actually i'm basing on that on his apparenty shot stopping capabilities, confidence in taking crosses, and his compusure with the ball at his feet.

I think he's made one small error in two games, other than that he's looked solid. He's about 5" smaller than Gordon but looks a lot more physical coming for high balls.

Kello has looked confident and has coped with everything asked of him imo.

Much better than I ever thought but he's yet to be put under any real pressure.

Jam Tarts 1874
I'm just delighted that the whole transfer windown thing is now a non-issue until the New Year so that we can concentrate on the team continuing to gel together as we look to consolidate in the top half of the league rather than the bottom half.

Almost 2 weeks until our next game, hopefully we can get Tullberg, Nade and Obua up to match fitness by then !!

Totally agree with this.

It seems there are a few on here who believe that major changes during the transfer windows are compulsory, like playing some big game of Football Manager. These people seem to be very good at spending someone else's money!

We have made 5 signings during the window, I think that is more than enough for any club.

I'm dissapointed we never signed a striker (not Ratboy) because if we did we would have urinated third IMO.

I think we're going to have to get used to being dissapointed from now on tbh.

Considering the last 4 transfer windows we should be well used to it by now.

I'm dissapointed we never signed a striker .

But we have? Tullberg. Or do you not consider him to be a striker? More a target man? Forwards should score goals in my opinion, regardless of how their tagged.

Billy the Jambo

The only thing i am peed off about is that we never used this window to get rid of some of the wasters at the club

I'm dissapointed we never signed a striker (not Ratboy) because if we did we would have urinated third IMO.

I think we're going to have to get used to being dissapointed from now on tbh.

Considering the last 4 transfer windows we should be well used to it by now.

This is true

If Tullberg can do the hold up the ball though and bring Larry, Obua and Driver in to play in and around the box I do reckon you could get 15 to 20 goals out of those three together. If Tullberg could add around 10 to that....

I guess we need our wide midfielders to play a bit narrower.

If Tullberg is mince we're goosed :o

The only thing i am peed off about is that we never used this window to get rid of some of the wasters at the club

Kurskis?

Basso?

Ivaskevicius??

Elliot??

We have got rid of some keek since the last transfer window in fairness.

Ok, i'd have preferred it if Audrey & Beslija had followed, but you can't have everything!! I'm sure Bes is nice & cosy on the physio table picking up close to ?10k per week :mad:

Archived