We made our most important signing

John Findlay

You need to learn the rules of debating with Gambo. If he wants to use the flimsiest of evidence as fact to support his "argument", thats perfectly acceptable.

But if he can find even the smallest and most insignificant part of your opinion that isn't based on 100% solid fact (and if you weren't there when the incident took place to witness said fact, then he'll start arguing over whether it's a fact or not), then he'll start spoiling any debate by starting his usual debate over what is a fact and what is not a fact.

Usually easier just to try and ignore him, and get on with debating real issues about HMFC, rather than getting bogged down debating semantics of what is a fact and what isn't according to the crazy world of Gambo.

You could take lessons from 'Jammy T' and see how easy it was for him to explain something from his post that i questioned (i apologised to him in advance in case i had misunderstood). Debate then moves on.

Try it, it is easier than it looks, and saves you from having to continually pick up your toys and dummy (of course your post count might suffer).

And all the above from someone who sticks to thread subject.:eek:

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamboRobbo
You could take lessons from 'Jammy T' and see how easy it was for him to explain something from his post that i questioned (i apologised to him in advance in case i had misunderstood). Debate then moves on.

Try it, it is easier than it looks, and saves you from having to continually pick up your toys and dummy (of course your post count might suffer).

As usual, the mods had to intervene in your "debate". And I wasn't involved in any way. I rest my case.

As usual, the mods had to intervene in your "debate". And I wasn't involved in any way. I rest my case.

Where and when did the mods intervene in my debate?

Read my post, then read the mods post and answer above question.

Generic Username
I guess it's a bit about expectations/how demanding people are.

For me, yes I'm happy we're healthier than last year. I'm happy we appointed a manager and we can all see the difference it makes - that's why I spend most of the past two years boring people to death on here saying how important a manager is to a football club.

But I won't settle for just being a wee bit better than last year. Now that we've got a manager, he needs to be given the help and resources and backing to allow him to do his job. I want HMFC to do ALL we can to be successful, all the time, every minute of every day, and I don't understand how other people are happy to settle for anything less than that. Happy to wait till the next transfer window etc etc.

If we don't strive to be the best in EVERYTHING we do, we'll not get as far as we could IMO.

I am totally on board with what you are saying.

I don't want what I said to be interpreted as me being completely satisfied and 100% happy again. We should always be expecting to improve, to strive for something over and above what we've done before.

Personally I think the sentiments that the squad, right now, is good enough to at the very least be up in the top end of the league is a fair statement. We're working well right now as a team so I'm not too worried about constant tinkering and adding players left right and centre. That view may change in January if we're still off the pace and blatantly needing an out and out striker. However Lazslo has done enough for me so far to give him that kind of time scale.

I agree with the above.

And I would add we aren't anywhere near good enough to be even potential challengers for the SPL Title.

We are back to were we were under CPR, Mercer and all the others - challenging to be best of the rest.

I think we've had our day under VR.

Like I said to JR - the squad at the moment, more than capable of being whipped into shape and achieving much more than what we did last season. I'd settle for anything from 5th or above, anything over that would be excellent for me considering how it was last season but a lot of guys here are right - we should be aiming higher, we should expect more but I do believe we have to practice a lot more patience now as the wrongs of the last couple of years will take time to be corrected.

Whether we can be a force to split the OF again, especially this season, remains to be seen. Just now we're looking in much better shape but not a team that was romping to 4 and 5 nil victories like before.

Correct.

Hearts are not going to become part of a new "Big Three" in the SPL.

Can you please tell who is going to be part of the so called big three then.

Will you ask your mate Drylaw Hibs for a answer first.

Why do you think Hearts are not going to be part of the big 3?

All Hearts have to do is win all games against everyone else.

I am totally on board with what you are saying.

I don't want what I said to be interpreted as me being completely satisfied and 100% happy again. We should always be expecting to improve, to strive for something over and above what we've done before.

Personally I think the sentiments that the squad, right now, is good enough to at the very least be up in the top end of the league is a fair statement. We're working well right now as a team so I'm not too worried about constant tinkering and adding players left right and centre. That view may change in January if we're still off the pace and blatantly needing an out and out striker. However Lazslo has done enough for me so far to give him that kind of time scale.

Like I said to JR - the squad at the moment, more than capable of being whipped into shape and achieving much more than what we did last season. I'd settle for anything from 5th or above, anything over that would be excellent for me considering how it was last season but a lot of guys here are right - we should be aiming higher, we should expect more but I do believe we have to practice a lot more patience now as the wrongs of the last couple of years will take time to be corrected.

Whether we can be a force to split the OF again, especially this season, remains to be seen. Just now we're looking in much better shape but not a team that was romping to 4 and 5 nil victories like before.

That's the best (and least dramatic) synopsis I've heard on this board for a while.

I don't recollect anyone ever saying that everything was peachy but you still get those who post as if everyone else is blind to some hugely important crisis ongoing at the club. Nor do I remember anyone ever saying that every single thing is crap (some may have come close to it, admittedly!) but you still get people who accuse them of being pedants who over-scrutinise every tiny thing. This board is a mish mash of opinion but the tendency to force polarised opinions on every single issue is overbearing at times.

I feel decidedly 'comfy' about things just now, Hearts are trotting along quite nicely...progress is being made and at a reasonable rate, Csaba is motivating and inspiring players that I had suspected might be beyond help, the results are better and I enjoy watching the football that they play. I feel like we're moving back to where we are meant to be, we're consolidating our position as 'the best of the rest' and for the moment, I'm relieved to find that we're still there. After last season, I was worried that it might take us a while to reach those lofty heights again so between now and Christmas, I just want to see more of the same. Winning leagues and European success are a long way off for me, but I don't think that's unreasonable or that it means I don't want the same level of success for the club....

Just one season of 'normal' would be nice, I'll think about Champions League and things later on.... :biggrin:

Why do you think Hearts are not going to be part of the big 3?

All Hearts have to do is win all games against everyone else.

That's all we had to do for the last 2 seasons

I think you are relatively new to Hearts? I can assure you it is more frustrating for us than you, but Hearts have rarely been able to do as you suggest.

Indeed the last time we finished in 3rd place for consequtive seasons was under our previous owner.

I dont recall that our fans pretended that we were part of a big 3 then, so I am not sure why people are clinging onto this possibility now.

There is another level to this also. It is one thing finishing 3rd every season. This of itself would not mean that we are part of a "big 3". Being in the mix for 1st and 2nd place every season would mean we were part of a big 3

We are simply not in a position to suggest that this is probable, or likely, over the near future. And I genuinely dont think that this is the aim.

There is not going to be a big 3.

No need for the sarcasm.

Romanov himself has said challenging for the league is not on the agenda. Why would you pretend otherwise?

I'm not even being critical of Romanov. Simply highlighting where the club stands as the Romanov era progresses.

It's where we were previously except our tenure at Tynecastle appears more secure.

We arguably have a couple of slightly more talented players than we had when Robinson was around, but then, we have more debt.

We are not challenging for the league and we hope to get a European spot this season

There is nothing in anything I have summarised there that is either factually incorrect, or worthy of you getting @rsey about

Not sure you are right there. If Hibs continue to go backwards and youth achieves fruition at Tynecastle then things could change vis a vis competing with the OF.

Whilst we all enjoy the Edinburgh Derby we also should all know that Edinburgh is not big enough for 2 top SPL teams and with the satellite New Town of Livingston also having SPL ambitions there is a problem...You don't see Glasgow-area new town East Kilbride having it's own team, and whilst Clyde are at Cumbernauld they don't have the same ambition as Livingston or Dunfermline.

I am once again satisfied with what Romanov is trying to do at Hearts and I'm pleased he does not buy on the last day of transfer windows anymore.

To say we cannot, ever, compete with the OF is defeatist and inaccurate. Romanov just has to be cannier with his money than they are with theirs...We cannot overhaul them short-term but if we build organically, whilst reducing debts, play good football and avoid good players walking out for zip then we can eventually take it to the OF. Fundamental to this however, is that we maximise revenues and we need a "field of dreams", we need the big new stand.

Not sure you are right there. If Hibs continue to go backwards and youth achieves fruition at Tynecastle then things could change vis a vis competing with the OF.

Whilst we all enjoy the Edinburgh Derby we also should all know that Edinburgh is not big enough for 2 top SPL teams and with the satellite New Town of Livingston also having SPL ambitions there is a problem...You don't see Glasgow-area new town East Kilbride having it's own team, and whilst Clyde are at Cumbernauld they don't have the same ambition as Livingston or Dunfermline.

I am once again satisfied with what Romanov is trying to do at Hearts and I'm pleased he does not buy on the last day of transfer windows anymore.

To say we cannot, ever, compete with the OF is defeatist and inaccurate. Romanov just has to be cannier with his money than they are with theirs...We cannot overhaul them short-term but if we build organically, whilst reducing debts, play good football and avoid good players walking out for zip then we can eventually take it to the OF. Fundamental to this however, is that we maximise revenues and we need a "field of dreams", we need the big new stand.

You mention Hibs and youth in the first sentence

If Hearts ever get a crop of young players like Hibs did 2 to 3 years ago, rest assured Vlad will flog them off. He'll get good money, it will be "good business" but flog them he will.

I am not saying we will never challenge the old firm, and I am not saying we cant

What Romanov has done is prove that the right owner, with a relatively modest pool of wealth could have Hearts challenge the old firm.

Romanov is not that man. League places are not of huge relevance to him. For example, you dont sell your only competent goalscorer when you still have an outside chance of a UEFA spot if that is important. You do seal such a deal if selling a player at his perceived maximum value is the key to you, no matter the impact on the team.

But what Romanov can provide - if he behaves himself - is relative stability, and a team that has a better than decent chance of getting 3rd or 4th place each season

I think people are mistaking my comments on this thread as an attack on Romanov. They arent. They might be a criticism of people that still believe he is out to win the SPL - he isnt

He himself has said the aim isnt to win the league, but to develop young players.

There were very few cries of "defeatism" after that interview.

What he can possibly be is our Fergus McCann. Get the club on an even keel, get it debt free, possibly with planning permission in place for our new stand before securing the sale of the club to somebody better placed to take Hearts to the next level.

Then he genuinely would have a legacy to be proud of and to be thanked for.

Jeez, a proper debate on JKB. Just like the old days - who would've thunk it? :)

FWIW, I think the last post by Jammy T would be a great result for us (Vlad as McCann) but the difference is that our Russian friend is madder than a box of frogs and so I don't see that as being the ultimate outcome. One can hope I suppose.....

Frankenstein Jambo.
I'm pretty sure I'll still be laughing at your ridiculous post come January.

1 point from the top.....oh dear.

Do you actually support Hearts or are you only on Kickback have because you have nothing else to do?

All you ever seem to do is critisise Hearts. You'd be better off on hibs.net, you'd feel more at home by critisising Hearts...

Hans von Luck

That's all we had to do for the last 2 seasons

I think you are relatively new to Hearts? I can assure you it is more frustrating for us than you' date=' but Hearts have rarely been able to do as you suggest.

Indeed the last time we finished in 3rd place for consequtive seasons was under our previous owner.

I dont recall that our fans pretended that we were part of a big 3 then, so I am not sure why people are clinging onto this possibility now.

There is another level to this also. It is one thing finishing 3rd every season. This of itself would not mean that we are part of a "big 3". Being in the mix for 1st and 2nd place every season would mean we were part of a big 3

We are simply not in a position to suggest that this is probable, or likely, over the near future. And I genuinely dont think that this is the aim.[/quote']

On receiving a telephone call from Gambo about your statement above I did nearly crashed my car.

Sorry to diissapoint you but season ticket holder for 25 years and European campaigner since Paris 84.

The club is again in transition so can you deal with it ?

On your previous posts IMO I dont think so.

On receiving a telephone call from Gambo about your statement above I did nearly crashed my car.

Sorry to diissapoint you but season ticket holder for 25 years and European campaigner since Paris 84.

The club is again in transition so can you deal with it ?

On your previous posts IMO I dont think so.

I was quoting UGJambo :eek: Although the quoting system did not pick this up properly - but if you read the words quoted, you didnt post them UGJambo did

Given your relative maturity you shouldnt be taking calls whilst driving about a post on a JKB board!! Especially when it has been picked up completely wrong :P

As an aside it is our 4th year of supposed transition

And in actual fact if you read my posts instead of just trying to pick up on my character you would actually see that I am dealing with our current situation - we are where we are which is where we nearly always have been

Its you thats getting all excited

Hans von Luck

I was quoting UGJambo :eek: Although the quoting system did not pick this up properly - but if you read the words quoted' date=' you didnt post them UGJambo did

Given your relative maturity you shouldnt be taking calls whilst driving about a post on a JKB board!! Especially when it has been picked up completely wrong :P

As an aside it is our 4th year of supposed transition

And in actual fact if you read my posts instead of just trying to pick up on my character you would actually see that I am dealing with our current situation - we are where we are which is where we nearly always have been

Its you thats getting all excited[/quote']

No worries Jammy T, mind you Hearts have been in transition for 134 years so why worry now.;)

No worries Jammy T' date=' mind you Hearts have been in transition for 134 years so why worry now.;)[/quote']

Fair play.

I am actually trying to be pragmatic about where we are.

I have moved tact from not understanding why people dont want rid of Vlad, to not understanding why people think his intention is to win the SPL.

I hope to at least avoid criticism of being repetitive and just ranting against Vlad :rolleyes:

far far far too many negative posts in here, and sadly many are not from hobo imposters but actual hearts fans.

the burley period lasted 3 months, thats 3 months. hearts have been here since 1874 so get over it. things are far brighter at tynecastle than they have been for at least the last 18 months - which were pretty bleak, but believe me as a long time fan of the club i've seen worse even than that.

on the striker grumblings... when hearts were flying during the burley season who were our top scorers ?? yes thats right hartley and skacel - two MIDFIELDERS !

we dont have two fantastic goalscoring strikers in our squad, (nor did we then) so we play 4-5-1 and csaba wants the likes of driver, obua, stewart, kingston and miko to chip in with goals. three of them have already. if one or two of them end up with a higher scoring record than our lone striker what exactly is the problem with that ?? its a team game.

mole wont score many, either will nade. tullberg the jury is out but you never know he might come up trumps. mole works hard and makes unselfish runs, but nade doesnt make runs at all. so until tullberg is ready its mole all the way for me.

sorry to break the trend on this thread but i'm happy with things at the moment. we will challenge for third i'm sure, which is far better than eighth - and we have trimmed the squad and wage bill in the process.

you have to walk before you can run, last season we were crawling.

It's hard to argue with any of that. Good post.

jamboinglasgow
That's the best (and least dramatic) synopsis I've heard on this board for a while.

I don't recollect anyone ever saying that everything was peachy but you still get those who post as if everyone else is blind to some hugely important crisis ongoing at the club. Nor do I remember anyone ever saying that every single thing is crap (some may have come close to it, admittedly!) but you still get people who accuse them of being pedants who over-scrutinise every tiny thing. This board is a mish mash of opinion but the tendency to force polarised opinions on every single issue is overbearing at times.

I feel decidedly 'comfy' about things just now, Hearts are trotting along quite nicely...progress is being made and at a reasonable rate, Csaba is motivating and inspiring players that I had suspected might be beyond help, the results are better and I enjoy watching the football that they play. I feel like we're moving back to where we are meant to be, we're consolidating our position as 'the best of the rest' and for the moment, I'm relieved to find that we're still there. After last season, I was worried that it might take us a while to reach those lofty heights again so between now and Christmas, I just want to see more of the same. Winning leagues and European success are a long way off for me, but I don't think that's unreasonable or that it means I don't want the same level of success for the club....

Just one season of 'normal' would be nice, I'll think about Champions League and things later on.... :biggrin:

as always red you are the voice of sense.

I have never said all is rosy in the garden for hearts. I have to admit there were times I defended what was going on last season but it was partly thinking that we have to support what we can as I could not see Vlad changing, I watched the team but at times it was hard, but being an optimistic bloke I thought something may happen. Csaba coming in has illustrated what a terrible state we were in last season. Morale shot to pieces, signing players who none of the staff had really seen before, systems unproductive etc. In short a real mess of a club.

Csaba has been brought in to sort this club out, he has done some of that short term that has been seen on the pitch but i still think there is a huge amount needed to do and we are only at the tip of the iceburg in changes that are going to be done and need to be done. In my mind this season is a season of transistion. Yes we may come top four but in my mind it is top 5 or better for this season to be considerd a good season. I think even next season our target should be third then the season after that who knows.

I dont agree with Jammy T saying that vlad will just sell on a group of young players rather than build them up. I think if we get a big group come through like hibs did I think most will stay at hearts, only a few will go and that will be for the best price as Vlad doesn't sell players unless he is sure he is getting the best price for them. I would not take anything said in the interview by vlad after the kanuas match seriously I think his answers were really a wind up there of the media.

I didn't think we were to worry about the debt because Vlad owed it to himself?

:rolleyes:

Oh, and cheers John, 1 point off the top come January, made my day that one did.

I bet it did. It amazes me how many Hearts fans look forward to us failing.

No worries Jammy T, mind you Hearts have been in transition for 134 years so why worry now.;)

ps it just also goes to show that you should take everything Gambo says with a sack of salt ;)

Seymour M Hersh
If Liverpool wont build a new stadium at this time because of the economic climate, I can guarantee you Hearts will not build any new complex.

Not really the same scenario with Liverpool. They are just trying to get the best price out of DIC and therefor the best return on their (RBS) investment.

I dont agree with Jammy T saying that vlad will just sell on a group of young players rather than build them up. I think if we get a big group come through like hibs did I think most will stay at hearts, only a few will go and that will be for the best price as Vlad doesn't sell players unless he is sure he is getting the best price for them. I would not take anything said in the interview by vlad after the kanuas match seriously I think his answers were really a wind up there of the media.

And what gives you that inkling?

This is about the one thing Vlad has been consistent with.

He is keen to sell players if the deal represents best value - in his eyes. So best value for Gordon was an excellent ?9m. Best value for our only regular goal scorer was ?600k last season. He'd rather he loaned Bednar for a season so that another team benefited from him, before getting a very decent ?2.5m, and the same with Jose, for a ridiculously good amount (if his new team dont realise they have been had....)

So he does mostly get good value from his transfers financially but rarely do Hearts benefit from it (particularly on the pitch), and his transfer sales activity doesnt appear to have the best interests of the team at Hearts

On your last sentence, what do you think the plan is? What interviews of Vlad do you take seriously? Why dont you take this one seriously. Developing young players to move them on for profit?

Do you just not want to believe it? Do you think that particular quote was comedy genius? What was funny or cutting or satirical about it?

It seemed pretty plaing to me. And fair enough if that is his aim - at least he is now being honest

Do you take seriously his claim in 2005 that we would win the SPL within 3 years?

Is it right that it seems as if we cant take any of our owner's interviews seriously?

Not really the same scenario with Liverpool. They are just trying to get the best price out of DIC and therefor the best return on their (RBS) investment.

Same financial crash

as always red you are the voice of sense.

I have never said all is rosy in the garden for hearts. I have to admit there were times I defended what was going on last season but it was partly thinking that we have to support what we can as I could not see Vlad changing, I watched the team but at times it was hard, but being an optimistic bloke I thought something may happen. Csaba coming in has illustrated what a terrible state we were in last season. Morale shot to pieces, signing players who none of the staff had really seen before, systems unproductive etc. In short a real mess of a club.

Csaba has been brought in to sort this club out, he has done some of that short term that has been seen on the pitch but i still think there is a huge amount needed to do and we are only at the tip of the iceburg in changes that are going to be done and need to be done. In my mind this season is a season of transistion. Yes we may come top four but in my mind it is top 5 or better for this season to be considerd a good season. I think even next season our target should be third then the season after that who knows.

Maybe we're cautious about wanting too much, too soon. We did 'believe' for a while but after the last few years, we've certainly learned a hard lesson - one which has undoubtedly brought us back down to earth with a bump so hard that we're more realistic about things than we might have been in those halcyon days!

I also don't believe that he'll sell off our youngsters...not at all. One thing which is certain about Vlad, is that he's no pushover when it comes to that sort of thing. He's made some pretty good deals and seems to play hardball whenever these opportunities arise. As long as he doesn't leave us without cover or sell off players who are integral to the continued success of the team, I'll be happy enough with that. Berra and Driver are still here, for example...I like that. Most importantly, they both seem to WANT to be here too. I like that even more. :)

And another thing - if Vlad sells Goncalves for ?2.3m or whatever the daft price tag was, I'll never say a bad word about him ever again....hehe....

Laszlo has been a good signing so far.

With the potential exception of Kello he has been the best actual signing so far. Of course there could have been other better signings both managerial or players but we will never know how they would have turned out.

Anyway, as for Laszlo he is wire walking very nicely ... dealing with both VR and the fans quite nicely at the moment. The squad's fitness is better and the motivation of several players is far better.

Seymour M Hersh
Same financial crash

No it's not. The Yanks can't raise the cash from RBS as they're maxed out. Others (DIC) could easily do so.

No it's not. The Yanks can't raise the cash from RBS as they're maxed out. Others (DIC) could easily do so.

This is Vlad we are talking about

Completely small fry, and if you think he or UBIG has got ?51m (and that price will be too low an estimate) spare credit or cash floating around in the current climate, you're having a giraffe.

DIC is a completely different beast

And the financing rates have escalated even if Vlad did get backing. And being a "canny" (eg tight) lad, he'll want to wait until market conditions are better (even if he could get the funding)

You want a bet on the stand being completed by 2010?

Archived