We made our most important signing

John Findlay

weeks ago.

Csaba Laslo.

Personally glad Riordan went back to Hibs.

January will be when we sign new player(s).

Personally think we have enough to mount a serious challenge this season and if we are still a point off the top of the table come January then we will strengthen.

John

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hans von Luck
weeks ago.

Csaba Laslo.

Personally think we have enough to mount a serious challenge this season and if we are still a point off the top of the table come January then we will strengthen.

John

100% CORRECT

A I have stated on other threads too many on here want too much change right away.

It take a bit of time to build up a "successful quality team" as Csaba would say.

Drylaw Hearts
weeks ago.

Csaba Laslo.

John

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

Drylaw Hearts
100% CORRECT

A I have stated on other threads too many on here want too much change right away.

It take a bit of time to build up a "successful quality team" as Csaba would say.

George Burley would tell you and Csaba different.

Seymour M Hersh

You do realise, don't you, that the smilies are laughing at your signature and not the post. A signature, if I may be so bold, that is well past it sell by date.:)

:4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72::4_1_72:

Hans von Luck
George Burley would tell you and Csaba different.

Aye and he knows a player now yer havin a laugh.

Kirk Klubfoot :4_1_72:

I will be the one laughing on Saturday night.

Drylaw Hearts
You do realise, don't you, that the smilies are laughing at your signature and not the post. A signature, if I may be so bold, that is well past it sell by date.:)

Is it ?

Drylaw Hearts
Aye and he knows a player now yer havin a laugh.

Kirk Klubfoot :4_1_72:

I will be the one laughing on Saturday night.

Hans Von Thick......

George Burley of Scotland bares no relation to the George Burley of Hearts.

weeks ago.

Csaba Laslo.

John

Add to that Obua,Tullberg,The new DM,two goalkeepers and a new deal for Driver.

ToadKiller Dog

I admire your confidence john and agree that Csaba has been the most important move this summer ,but cant see us challenging for top spot ,i think we are good enough to fight it out for third no way near 1st that will be the uglies and the smellies for that again.

I dont know who or what we will sign in the new year but certainly our strikers now have a real period to prove there worth.

Drylaw Hearts
He who laughs last, laughs longest.

John

I'm pretty sure I'll still be laughing at your ridiculous post come January.

1 point from the top.....oh dear.

Seymour M Hersh
Hans Von Thick......

George Burley of Scotland bears no relation to the George Burley of Hearts.

It's the same guy! Did you not realise that?:P

weeks ago.

Csaba Laslo.

John

I admire your gumption John but I find it hard to believe that your prediction is even close to the truth. Sneaked, one goal margin wins against Motherwell, St Mirren and Hamilton Academicals and we are going to be one point off the top of the table? Yet you are pleased that a 62 goal in 3 seasons striker signs for our local rivals?

Husref

Hans Von Thick......

Eh! Are there two of them? I fail to see the logic in your post so maybe it's me who's thick.

Hans von Luck
Hans Von Thick......

The truth always hurts, no need to be abusive DH.

Look at the difference in the players since Csaba arrived i'll single out a few.

Big Zal - looks like one of the best centre halfs in the league right now

Stewart - Playing like the player he knows he can be back in the Scotland fold.

Mole - He won't score a barrell load of goals but his workrate and unselfish play for the team i would be willing to bet is exactly what Csaba has wanted for him.

Nade - Yet to see it on the park but his desire to get himself back into shape and work hard to get his chance shows how much Csaba can motivate.

Drylaw Hearts
Eh! Are there two of them? I fail to see the logic in your post so maybe it's me who's thick.

George Burley was able to buy players and built up a very decent squad in a matter of weeks - he was no doubt aided by the strong spine of a team he inherited.

George Burley of Scotland cannot buy players and has to pick from a select bunch of players eligible to play for Scotland.

I think he's off his rocker picking Kirk Broadfoot but I have no doubt GB would never have bought him if he was still a Club manager.

Guest JamboRobbo

I do agree Csaba was the main signing and hopefully he will prove his worth. Still think we need a striker though.

Oh well, lets hope Nade can keep himself out of Macdonalds maybe we'll be ok.

Hans von Luck
George Burley was able to buy players and built up a very decent squad in a matter of weeks - he was no doubt aided by the strong spine of a team he inherited.

George Burley of Scotland cannot buy players and has to pick from a select bunch of players eligible to play for Scotland.

I think he's off his rocker picking Kirk Broadfoot but I have no doubt GB would never have bought him if he was still a Club manager.

Old drunking Dode would have been showen the red card at Southampton by now.

Did not hear about many at the St Mary's stadium shedding ay tears over his departure.

All he is is another SFA OF lover.

Drylaw Hearts
Old drunking Dode would have been showen the red card at Southampton by now.

Did not hear about many at the St Mary's stadium shedding ay tears over his departure.

All he is is another SFA OF lover.

I don't think he had a lot of money to spend in what is a hugely competative league.

They also sold players from behind his back on more than 1 occassion IIRC.

Hans von Luck
I don't think he had a lot of money to spend in what is a hugely competative league.

They also sold players from behind his back on more than 1 occassion IIRC.

The way that you rant on here it seems that Vlad is the only one who sells players and does not consult his manager.

Drylaw Hearts
The way that you rant on here it seems that Vlad is the only one who sells players and does not consult his manager.

It's the only one I care about.

And tbh I don't think I have ever had a go at him for selling a player without consulting the Manager.

He wants to get the debt down and I want him to get the debt down.

He'll soon feck off when it's at a managable level for the next guy.

And I'll be delighted when that day arrives.

We_are_the_Hearts
We DESPERATELY needed a new striker.

That is all. Thankyou.

Maybe he feels Tullberg, Nade and Glen deserve a chance to prove their worth until January. We will only be playing with 1 striker. Csaba seems to want a team with a back 4 with attacking full backs. A defensive midfielder, a playmaker and 3 attacking midfielders supporting the striker. I like it but do doubt wether we have the players at the moment for it to be a total success. At least we are now trying to develop an evident playing style though:cool:

Drylaw Hearts
Maybe he feels Tullberg, Nade and Glen deserve a chance to prove their worth until January. We will only be playing with 1 striker. Csaba seems to want a team with a back 4 with attacking full backs. A defensive midfielder, a playmaker and 3 attacking midfielders supporting the striker. I like it but do doubt wether we have the players at the moment for it to be a total success. At least we are now trying to develop an evident playing style though:cool:

Csaba wanted to play a 442 formation and said so during his forst couple of weeks here.

Patience is a virtue with which not many Jambos seem blessed it would appear.

Whilst I don't believe for a second that we are mounting a challenge this season, I think 3rd spot is very much achievable with the current squad, if Csaba continues along the same roads. We have yet to see Tullberg and the new lad and we have a number of youngsters who look capable of making the grade this year.

This season could be unpredictable but I'm fairly happy. And thank feck we didn't sign the smelly rat (although he is a good signing for the vermin).

We_are_the_Hearts
Csaba wanted to play a 442 formation and said so during his forst couple of weeks here.

4-4-1-1 I think is his preferred formation. 1 out and out striker and 1 who can play in the hole. He did say he wanted us to be able to rotate formations.

Drylaw Hearts
4-4-1-1 I think is his preferred formation. 1 out and out striker and 1 who can play in the hole. He did say he wanted us to be able to rotate formations.

I'm sure he stated after the Dunfermline match he wanted to play 442.

But the committee's preferred option isnt

Maybe that's why a striker didnt come in.

If you restrict the squad options to play in a front two, the manager might be forced to play the preferred formation yet still be able to claim he picks the team himself.

Having said that (with part of my tongue in my cheek) Csaba could easily play a traditional front 2 if he really wanted to. How effective it would be is another question

This is my big fear just now, that it is not Csaba's decision with the Axis of Gash still a prominent part of the set up.

Jam Tarts 1874
But the committee's preferred option isnt

Maybe that's why a striker didnt come in.

If you restrict the squad options to play in a front two, the manager might be forced to play the preferred formation yet still be able to claim he picks the team himself.

Having said that (with part of my tongue in my cheek) Csaba could easily play a traditional front 2 if he really wanted to. How effective it would be is another question

A striker DID come in, his name is Tullberg. Have you seen him play for us yet? Answer - no! Don't you think you should see how this guy is before you criticise?

What would have been the point in Hearts debt soaring again during this summer? We need stability, therefore spending money we don't have on a new team would have been madness.

far far far too many negative posts in here, and sadly many are not from hobo imposters but actual hearts fans.

the burley period lasted 3 months, thats 3 months. hearts have been here since 1874 so get over it. things are far brighter at tynecastle than they have been for at least the last 18 months - which were pretty bleak, but believe me as a long time fan of the club i've seen worse even than that.

on the striker grumblings... when hearts were flying during the burley season who were our top scorers ?? yes thats right hartley and skacel - two MIDFIELDERS !

we dont have two fantastic goalscoring strikers in our squad, (nor did we then) so we play 4-5-1 and csaba wants the likes of driver, obua, stewart, kingston and miko to chip in with goals. three of them have already. if one or two of them end up with a higher scoring record than our lone striker what exactly is the problem with that ?? its a team game.

mole wont score many, either will nade. tullberg the jury is out but you never know he might come up trumps. mole works hard and makes unselfish runs, but nade doesnt make runs at all. so until tullberg is ready its mole all the way for me.

sorry to break the trend on this thread but i'm happy with things at the moment. we will challenge for third i'm sure, which is far better than eighth - and we have trimmed the squad and wage bill in the process.

you have to walk before you can run, last season we were crawling.

jamboinglasgow
100% CORRECT

I do think the 1 point from top at january is a bit over ambitious but I feel under current predicaments, we will be in the top 4 at the very least.

But as you say we have to remember that we building the team up again, after just over two seasons were hearts were falling apart, normal practices ripped up, players left unmotivated and uninspired. Csaba is having to rebuild these to the levels they were before and in turn improve those levels even further. He can get us playing better football and inspire the players to play better (Zalikus, Stewart and even Nade actully training.) But there is no doubt that he has bringing beneficial changes in the short term that has shown us playing better.

But Csaba is also planning for the long term, he has made many descsions that may look uninteresting but they are vital and will cause long term benefits. In my mind Csaba could be our Arsene Wenger in style and philosphy, and that if Romanov lets him, then we are at the begining of a joyful period for hearts.

Did he ?

I remember him saying that 4-4-2 was the most basic of formations but never state that it was his prefered choice.But hey i might be wrong.

Guest JamboRobbo
You mean the man that thinks Kirk Broadfoot is an international player :eek:

I'll judge him on his time at HMFC. On that basis, he did alright be me.

Did he ?

I remember him saying that 4-4-2 was the most basic of formations but never state that it was his prefered choice.But hey i might be wrong.

no he did

Scotsman around 28 July.

There is now a debate as to whether he meant a "British" style 4-4-2 or a "continental" 4-4-2 (eg 4-4-1-1)

However, I do think whatever system relies upon 2 forwards, as opposed to a striker and an attacking midfielder

Obua may still prove to be a good "hole" player

far far far too many negative posts in here, and sadly many are not from hobo imposters but actual hearts fans.

the burley period lasted 3 months, thats 3 months. hearts have been here since 1874 so get over it. things are far brighter at tynecastle than they have been for at least the last 18 months - which were pretty bleak, but believe me as a long time fan of the club i've seen worse even than that.

on the striker grumblings... when hearts were flying during the burley season who were our top scorers ?? yes thats right hartley and skacel - two MIDFIELDERS !

we dont have two fantastic goalscoring strikers in our squad, (nor did we then) so we play 4-5-1 and csaba wants the likes of driver, obua, stewart, kingston and miko to chip in with goals. three of them have already. if one or two of them end up with a higher scoring record than our lone striker what exactly is the problem with that ?? its a team game.

mole wont score many, either will nade. tullberg the jury is out but you never know he might come up trumps. mole works hard and makes unselfish runs, but nade doesnt make runs at all. so until tullberg is ready its mole all the way for me.

sorry to break the trend on this thread but i'm happy with things at the moment. we will challenge for third i'm sure, which is far better than eighth - and we have trimmed the squad and wage bill in the process.

Well said that man

A striker DID come in, his name is Tullberg. Have you seen him play for us yet? Answer - no! Don't you think you should see how this guy is before you criticise?

What would have been the point in Hearts debt soaring again during this summer? We need stability, therefore spending money we don't have on a new team would have been madness.

I didn't think we were to worry about the debt because Vlad owed it to himself?

:rolleyes:

Oh, and cheers John, 1 point off the top come January, made my day that one did.

gorgie rd eh11

Agree that Csaba has been our best signing for a while.

I'm not glad that riordan went back to h*bs, as he is a talented football player.

But i'm glad he will never wear a Hearts strip.

I expected fifth or sixth at the start of the season, so i'll be happy with anything higher.

Guest JamboRobbo
I didn't think we were to worry about the debt because Vlad owed it to himself?

:rolleyes:

Come on, don't confuse the boy. It's only owed to himself when we want to play down the debt. ;)

I think the term would be realistic. You say yourself further in your post, last season we were crawling, do you agree with the OP that there is a chance we will be ONE POINT off the lead in JANUARY???

I am over it, but Burley's tenure is SURELY the benchmark? SURELY, under VR's stewardship, hiring a manager of Burley's quality and allowing him to buy players is our aim?

If you would point me in the direction of two midfielders that will give us a goal tally in the teens this season then I would worry less about our striking issues. I would add to that, that the threat of Jankauskas and Bednar was enough to make space for driving midfielders.

Yup, that's sold it, within a point of the top of the league eh? :rofl:

Those two emboldened statements make no sense and do not lend themselves to one argument. I don't think you know what you want or what you think will happen this year, I think you just wanted to disagree with the (in your opinion) pesky negative posters.

john brownlee
Hans Von Thick......

aye he gets to pick the GFA select team , yer having a laugh

Seymour M Hersh
no he did

Scotsman around 28 July.

There is now a debate as to whether he meant a "British" style 4-4-2 or a "continental" 4-4-2 (eg 4-4-1-1)

However, I do think whatever system relies upon 2 forwards, as opposed to a striker and an attacking midfielder

Obua may still prove to be a good "hole" player

Fnar fnar!!:P Maybe take over from Pinilla?

I think the term would be realistic. You say yourself further in your post, last season we were crawling, do you agree with the OP that there is a chance we will be ONE POINT off the lead in JANUARY???

2. I am over it, but Burley's tenure is SURELY the benchmark? SURELY, under VR's stewardship, hiring a manager of Burley's quality and allowing him to buy players is our aim?

3. If you would point me in the direction of two midfielders that will give us a goal tally in the teens this season then I would worry less about our striking issues. I would add to that, that the threat of Jankauskas and Bednar was enough to make space for driving midfielders.

4. Yup, that's sold it, within a point of the top of the league eh? :rofl:

5. Those two emboldened statements make no sense and do not lend themselves to one argument. I don't think you know what you want or what you think will happen this year, I think you just wanted to disagree with the (in your opinion) pesky negative posters.

1. i dont think we will be one point off the lead, should we be ?

2. i hope it is our aim, but only when we have the income to warrant it, its not the abu dhabi royal family who own our club unfortunately.

3. see 2. we now have players within our level of affordability. i understand this as common sense and can live with it.

4. no

5. "we will challenge for third i'm sure, which is far better than eighth - and we have trimmed the squad and wage bill in the process.

you have to walk before you can run, last season we were crawling."

erm lets see - i'm sure we will be challenging for third this season, which is an improvement on last seasons eighth ?? yes ?? and in doing so we will even manage to cut our huge squad and wage bill. last season we were awful, this season we are better. we cannot be real madrid overnight.

oh but yeah maybe vlad or whoever should just spend, spend, spend to match rangers 18m in transfer fees and pay ridiculous wages so we can properly challenge the old firm again. it doesnt matter that we are hugely in debt already, and get 30,000 less spectators at each home match.

one small problem with that, we would fold within 5 years.

maybe win an SPL tho eh ?? :rolleyes:

Archived