Kirk Broadfoot...(merged threads)

Drylaw Hearts

Guest Dipped Flake
Why don't they just call the team "The Old Firm Select" and be done with it?

It was ever thus.

Had Robbo played for either of the gruesome twosome he would have had 100caps.

Tosh McKinlay played for us for several seasons, but became an internationalist overnight when he signed for Celtic, and, more recently, Shaun Maloney was called back into the squad after one cameo role for them.

It's been happening, and raising my blood pressure,for as long as I can remember.

That's my reaction every time an OF player gets called into the squad. However, been racking my brains as to who would have been better as an all-round cover and can't really come up with anyone (don't have a clue on any english based players). I suppose if he gets a game and plays as well as he did on Sunday I wouldn't complain and he will get my full support if he does get on.

TBH, Couldn't care if Scotland win, lose or draw...I don't normally watch the GFA's 11, but will on Saturday, going to Edinburgh to watch...Should be fun watching this C0ck diving about, wonder what Richard Gordon and all the other numpties will say if he does start his diving pesh!! :rolleyes:

Kirk Broadfoot...Looks like an advert for a battered Donkey sanctuary!! :P

The Worst player i have ever witnessed. type of player you just want to smack in the face! it just shows how bad we are for Right Backs that this Sunday League player might play!

I recall about 3 seasons ago, a very good Scotland under 21 side giving France an excellent game in a Euro 1/4 final. We ended up being beaten 3-1 at Pittodrie due to 3 calamities.

David Marshall; Kirk Broadfoot and Zander Diamond.

Please god, no more call offs at CB. Surely all 3 couln't end up in the national side.

Malinga the Swinga

This is far more worrying than Riordan returning to Hibs. Broadfoot is a joke and how GB thinks he is worthy of a call up is a mystery. Rest assured, he will be ahead of Barra nd Berra as regards starting or coming on for Scotland, and it looks like it is only a matter of time till Macgregor starts instead of Gordon. The media in Scotland will not stop until Rangers number 1 takes what they see as his rightful place instead of a non-old firm player.

Burley is rapidly losing his last bits of credibilty with everyone other than rangers and Celtic supporters and if we fail to take a minimum 4 out of 6 points over the two games coming up, the world cup campaign will be over before its reached Hampden.

Does make you wonder if Gb had stayed at Hearts, would he have gone running to the old firm if they had come calling for him. I wasn't sure before, but eveidence now makes me think he would have jumped ship immediately.

As I've said before a fit Neilson is a shoe in for more caps.

Hahahahaha :rofl:

Once Csaba's seen him he will lucky to get a game for us unless we are struggling nevermind Scotland. He couldn't lace Huttons boots.

This is far more worrying than Riordan returning to Hibs. Broadfoot is a joke and how GB thinks he is worthy of a call up is a mystery. Rest assured, he will be ahead of Barra nd Berra as regards starting or coming on for Scotland, and it looks like it is only a matter of time till Macgregor starts instead of Gordon. The media in Scotland will not stop until Rangers number 1 takes what they see as his rightful place instead of a non-old firm player.

Burley is rapidly losing his last bits of credibilty with everyone other than rangers and Celtic supporters and if we fail to take a minimum 4 out of 6 points over the two games coming up, the world cup campaign will be over before its reached Hampden.

Does make you wonder if Gb had stayed at Hearts, would he have gone running to the old firm if they had come calling for him. I wasn't sure before, but eveidence now makes me think he would have jumped ship immediately.

Honestly, 60 posts before someone mentions who will be the last line of defence. Doesn't matter who we play in defence as long as CG is in goals. 2 shut-outs are guaranteed. FACT. END OF.

Malinga the Swinga
Honestly, 60 posts before someone mentions who will be the last line of defence. Doesn't matter who we play in defence as long as CG is in goals. 2 shut-outs are guaranteed. FACT. END OF.

Even Gordon will struggle with Broadfoot, McManus, Weir and A N Other in front of him. It doesn't exactly fill you with confidence when you see these three in a back line and then add Caldwell. We will struggle big time.

Even Gordon will struggle with Broadfoot, McManus, Weir and A N Other in front of him. It doesn't exactly fill you with confidence when you see these three in a back line and then add Caldwell. We will struggle big time.

Weir isn't even in the squad. I expect the team to be :

Gordon

Alexander Caldwell McManus Naysmith

Brown Fletcher Hartley Robson

McFadden

Miller

jack D and coke
Got a feeling that Scotlands World Cup campaign will be over by next Wednesday night.

Klubfoot for Scotland. Aye, good one Burley ya ****.

Aint too optimistic masel tbh.

Burley is picking some real dung. Surely we must have someone better than him.

Walter Smith and George Burley - they know nothing about football. Myself also, I suppose, because I thought Broadfoot was outstanding at centre-back for St Mirren at Tynecastle two seasons ago.

Obviously Butcher/Burley have got Hissed and thought it would be funny to have him in the squad and give him the Captains armband.

"Hey Boss that commentators gonnae mention Captain Kirk any minute now"

"Haw Haw.........geez some mair Vody ya big Sannenach Bassa"

:)

Broadfoot is poor, that I would agree on. but what other options do we have? Hutton is undoubtedly 1st choice. Alexander is a poor 2nd choice. after that? Neilson - no good enough and injured. Whittaker, that bad he can't get a game in fron of Broadfoot. Murty, 150 and no very good. Mark Wilson, average and only just back.

it reflects poorly on the standard of full backs, no on Burley's choice. Broadfoot can also provide cover at centre half. Admittedly no good cover, but still.

broadfoot had a great game for rangers on sunday imo,probably why he got the call up, but hes the worst right back in the country. If he playd for any other team than one half of the bigot brothers he wouldnt get in. I rate lewis stevenson of hibs. Why didnt he not get looked at? He is scottish aint he? How long till burley starts a full old firm team? If he has any sense berra will start as hes been the most consistent cb in the league this season. But did i hear right,has charlie adam been given a call up? Were going to look a laughing stock on saturday! Just throw in whitikar and it will be a shambles!

broadfoot had a great game for rangers on sunday imo,probably why he got the call up, but hes the worst right back in the country. If he playd for any other team than one half of the bigot brothers he wouldnt get in. I rate lewis stevenson of hibs. Why didnt he not get looked at? He is scottish aint he? How long till burley starts a full old firm team? If he has any sense berra will start as hes been the most consistent cb in the league this season. But did i hear right,has charlie adam been given a call up? Were going to look a laughing stock on saturday! Just throw in whitikar and it will be a shambles!

Stevenson can't even get a game for a Hibs team with a shocking defence. There's no-one else. He even picked Alexander ahead of Clubfoot and he's murder. I think Burley knows Onefoot is keek, but I don't see anyone else. Wilson is probably a better bet (although mince on Sunday) but he's no ready yet and only just back from injury.

We don't though.

Broadfoot isn't quite as bad as some make out. He'd walk into our team and I'm sure Walter Smith and George Burley have a bit of talent spotting ability also.

Is Hutton injured then?

If so I think the team will be as someone mentioned before but replace Millar with Maloney.

Caldwell is a bomb scare:(

To be fair to Burley here Scotland have very poor cover at both centre half and full back. I'm toiling to think of anyone better that he could have called up.

However more worrying he has recruited Craig Broon and Tommy ****ing McLean as 'advisors' !!

In the Scotland squad according to Bill Leckie.

George Burley has lost the plot.

Have been o/seas for years but always kept up the with the 'gid auld Hearts' and Scotland. Got the setanta last season to keep up wi scottish fitba and was proud o Scotland's effort's to qualify for the Euro's. It was on the setanta that i got my first sighting of Kirk Broadfoot, all i can say is how did he get to that level, the guy's a freak:eek:. Now he's in the Scotland squad....F.F.S George... GETAGRIP!!:mad:

Archived