Kirk Broadfoot...(merged threads)

Drylaw Hearts

i fear scotland are heading back to the berti days .if this is the best we can do i wouldnt be booking any hotels in south africa in 2010

.....and Burley's credability disappears out the window.

I can't stomach watching Forest Gimp in a Scotland top. He's an ugly, diving, waste of skin. How he gets a game each week escapes me, nevermind a call up. Is this what we've been reduced too? We were 90 minutes away from qualifying for the Euros, but I feel like we're back to the Berti now.

Better call Saul
.....and Burley's credability disappears out the window.

I can't stomach watching Forest Gimp in a Scotland top. He's an ugly, diving, waste of skin. How he gets a game each week escapes me, nevermind a call up. Is this what we've been reduced too? We were 90 minutes away from qualifying for the Euros, but I feel like we're back to the Berti now.

why is this thread merged after only 12 posts

Why the surprise?

George has just returned to the "good old days" of being Scotland manager. Play for the OF and get a Scotland cap. Where was the outcry when Charlie Adam got a cap? Surely that's on a par with Broadfoot?

In the Scotland squad according to Bill Leckie.

George Burley has lost the plot.

This excuse for a footballer got picked for one reason and one reason only

He plays in Glasgow

Maurice Ross

Bob Malcolm

Steven Thompson

Gary Caldwell

It's pathetic he is utter mince

chester copperpot

Kirk Broadfoot - :rofl:

Seriously, dont get it. Slower than a week in Saughton/Barlinnie. Has the touch of a Morton player. Will be found out massively in the International arena.

Other options for George without Hutton (Who's number 1 for that position).

Wilson - Cellick - Better.

McNamara - Falkirk - Worse, due to age.

Foster - Aberdeen - Better, though may be Irish?

Brady - St Midden - No idea.

Dillon - Dundee Utd - Better

Fowler - Killie (I think) - No worse.

Stevenson - Hamilton - Worse.

Neilson - Hearts - Same.

Van Zanten - Hibs - :rofl:

Quinn - Motherwell - Better IMO.

Tokely - ICT - AHEM, never, but same kind of numpty.

So we need to look in the direction of the English leagues as we've not got much quality in the SPL for that position.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Mince as KB is, Scotland are weak in the fullback positions (Hutton aside, although he can still be a little suspect defensively). Pains me to say it but it looks to me that Maysmith is past it at international level - he's been poor the last few internationals he's played. How Graham Alexander keeps getting call ups I don't know. Was interesting to hear Burley bigging up Lee Wallace on Sportscene last week. IMO he's nowjere near ready to step up to the full squad, but GB obviously has hight hopes.

Back to the fullbacks, I don't think there's anyone who can claim to have performed to the level needed for Scotland aside from Hutton. Jay McEveley, aside from not actually being Scottish, was spent the whole second half watching Miko go by against Lithuania, and it was telling he was dropped for the bigger games. Alexander was past it long before now and Naysmith looks to be going the same way, as I said.

Question is, who do we realy have that can come in and step up to hte level set by Hutton? We seem to have a dearth of midfielders and centrebacks, not to mention one IMO, world class keeper with a very capable back up. Why the fullback shortage?

Uncle Bobby B

What an embarrasment that will be ' if ' he evers starts at game for Scotland...These other countries will think we have went soft in giving the special kids a chance!!!

if he's getting in the squad then there's still a chance Neil McCann will play a season un-injured.

Nelly Terraces

Got a feeling that Scotlands World Cup campaign will be over by next Wednesday night.

Klubfoot for Scotland. Aye, good one Burley ya ****.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

On the bright side, this has convinced me that I can still represent my country one day. :)

chester copperpot

I'm glad i dont give a monkey's about what happens to Scotland.

Like them doing well, but no way do I get upset at the results.

Drylaw Hearts
I'm glad i dont give a monkey's about what happens to Scotland.

Like them doing well, but no way do I get upset at the results.

Ditto.

I hope that WHEN he dives he gets as much stick as Miko although I doubt it.

Absolute walloper of a football player.:mad:

chester copperpot
Ditto.

Especially when there's so much pressure for our national boss to pick players like Adam and Broadfoot.

I find this kind of unbelievable.

Both look so out of place in Rangers team, let alone our national team.

Dr Ian Malcolm
What an embarrasment that will be ' if ' he evers starts at game for Scotland...These other countries will think we have went soft in giving the special kids a chance!!!

I think the rest of Europe noticed when they saw Gary Caldwell's haircut. His general "not quite right" performances just confirmed it.

Well we will have hit an all time low if this imposter of a football player ever wears the Dark Blue jersey of my country.:o I was hoping to go to South Africa for the finals, another dream shattered. :mad:

Chad Sexington

Burley has just plummeted in my estimation.

Clubfoot should never be anywhere near a Scotland squad.

If he plays we will lose. Fact.

:mad:

Drylaw Hearts
Burley has just plummeted in my estimation.

Clubfoot should never be anywhere near a Scotland squad.

If he plays we will lose. Fact.

:mad:

I think GB will fail miserably as an International Manager.

He just doesn't seem suited to that type of football.

Throw-ins should be fun.;)

Seriously George, give up the G&T's if this is how it affects your mental state :sad:

Mince as KB is, Scotland are weak in the fullback positions (Hutton aside, although he can still be a little suspect defensively). Pains me to say it but it looks to me that Maysmith is past it at international level - he's been poor the last few internationals he's played. How Graham Alexander keeps getting call ups I don't know. Was interesting to hear Burley bigging up Lee Wallace on Sportscene last week. IMO he's nowjere near ready to step up to the full squad, but GB obviously has hight hopes.

Back to the fullbacks, I don't think there's anyone who can claim to have performed to the level needed for Scotland aside from Hutton. Jay McEveley, aside from not actually being Scottish, was spent the whole second half watching Miko go by against Lithuania, and it was telling he was dropped for the bigger games. Alexander was past it long before now and Naysmith looks to be going the same way, as I said.

Question is, who do we realy have that can come in and step up to hte level set by Hutton? We seem to have a dearth of midfielders and centrebacks, not to mention one IMO, world class keeper with a very capable back up. Why the fullback shortage?

Nail on the head pilch.

As crap as Donkey Kong is he does have experience on the european stage with Der Huns last season, even though he was torn up for a*se paper by the majority of teams.

Scotland have been toiling for the past few years in the fullback positions and it is a massive weakness in the squad. A fit Hutton will do a decent job but as mentioned, looks suspect at times defensively, and Gary Naysmith is past it now.

The big headache is what do we have available as cover in these positions, and the answer is .... not alot.

Guest Dipped Flake

I would be really disappointed if he got into the Scotland team but, as far as I can see, nothing has been announced regarding Broadfoot and the Scotland squad. All that happened was Leckie said he got a text form someone about it. Think I will wait until it is official before worrying about it. And to the OP, if you don't care about Scotland why bother starting the post???

loveofthegame

Tin hat on- Thought he was brilliant against Celtic on Sunday. Not many other options, doubt he'll actually play. Much improved player at fullback. Better than Neilson anyway, although thats saying very little.

If you want real duds look no further than Gary Caldwell and Stephen McManus (the latter has to be the most overrated defender ever). I work with a Celtic ST holder (work with dont worry we're not mates!) who would rather play O'Dea and *Balde* in the defence.

Why don't they just call the team "The Old Firm Select" and be done with it?

It was ever thus.

Had Robbo played for either of the gruesome twosome he would have had 100caps.

Tosh McKinlay played for us for several seasons, but became an internationalist overnight when he signed for Celtic, and, more recently, Shaun Maloney was called back into the squad after one cameo role for them.

It's been happening, and raising my blood pressure,for as long as I can remember.

Archived