The Bottom Line

ArthurScargill

ArthurScargill

As I said earlier, it would be all smoke and mirrors...we would come out with a statement saying we had tried to get Riordan, and it never happened...

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP FALLING FOR THIS NONSENSE????????????

The last few transfer windows have resulted in EXACTLY the same situation...why did people believe that it would be different this time? How many times do you all need before you realise how things are??????

In my opinion a lot of 'regular' posters on this site need a sharp dose of reality...they are happy to live in a world of their own creation. where they are 'in the know' and believe they have some inside information with regards to what is happening at our club.

The fact that we have been outbid by Hibs, with regards to a player that Vlad has wanted for a while speaks volumes...but the usual suspects will attempt to state that we are ok with what we have, and that everything is ok...strange that the very same individuals were the ones who were stating that we needed a striker etc etc...WHY ON EARTH DO SOME PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM APPEAR UNABLE TO LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD???? I am speaking about the people that are on here 24/7, with a few thousand posts to their name...

I call it like I see it, and if we do not sign a goal score in this transfer window, at the very LEAST...then in myopinion it is a complete disgrace...I couldn't care if the usual suspects come out and say 'But we have scored the most goals in the SPL'...strange that these same people are normally the same people that are moaning all the time about having nobody up front that can finish...

Certain people need to step back and take a logical look at exactly what is happening...we needed to strengthen the forward position at the very minimum in this transfer window, and we have lost out to our bitter rivals with regards to our main transfer target...when they apparently have nowhere near the kind of financial package on offer...do we have a backup in place? probably not? Will we sign someone? Probably not...Have we been let down once again...YES!!! And anyone who attempts to justify this, is in my humble opinion...simply trying to do what Csaba is at the moment...and papering over the cracks. If we are serious about becoming a force in this league, now was the time to put a marker down...and we have failed miserably.

No doubt I will be slated for this by the usual apologists...but is simply my opinion. i do not care that we never signed Ratboy...I predicted this would happen...but in my opinion if we do not sign a goal poacher, then it is an absolute disgrace, and it will be quite clear that we have bugger all money to progress the team...no matter what statements Vlad or Csabe comes out with.

I really hope I am completely wrong, and we pull something out at the last minute...but I honestly have no faith whatsoever in that happening.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris

we were not "outbid" by hibs. Riordan was never going to come here even for bigger money.

I'm not saying that it's the solution to the problem, but...

9 points out of a possible 12. Given the fact that 3 of those were lost at Ibrox.

We haven't seen Tullberg yet.

ArthurScargill
we were not "outbid" by hibs. Riordan was never going to come here even for bigger money.

If Vlad had wanted him...he would have come...simple as that...the package he 'could' come up with would have far outweighed anything they could have put together...

Anyway, it has nothing to do with Ratboy...it's the fact that we look like getting nobody...how anyone can even attempt to justify that is beyond me...

Malinga the Swinga

We weren't outbid by Hibs. Riordan, as a hibs fan, wanted to go back to Easter Road, and play for the club he supports. I can't see his ambition and don't understand why he dosn't want to broaden his hoizons and go down to England, but there you have it, it is his choice and he has made his decision.

Arthur you are so wrong on this one.

Got a text an hour ago Hearts have been used here. Riordan had no intention of joining Hearts but Celtic used us to ensure he went for cash and not a loan.

If we dont sign anyone then fair enough we have still got Glen and Tullburg to come in and as it stands we are still scoring goals.

Dont get me wrong I would loved for us to sign a prolific goal scorer but they arent exactly easy to come by.

Malinga the Swinga
If Vlad had wanted him...he would have come...simple as that...the package he 'could' come up with would have far outweighed anything they could have put together...

Anyway, it has nothing to do with Ratboy...it's the fact that we look like getting nobody...how anyone can even attempt to justify that is beyond me...

Maybe, just maybe, money isn't the motivating factor in Riordan's life.

Commander Harris

if it requires a disproportionately high amount of money to bring a player here, it's bad business. I think it would have taken absolutely ridiculous money to persuade Riordan to come here.

I think we could do with another striker, although hopefully Tullberg will be the answer to that, but there's no point in spending stupidly just to get someone in.

As I said earlier, it would be all smoke and mirrors...we would come out with a statement saying we had tried to get Riordan, and it never happened...

The last few transfer windows have resulted in EXACTLY the same situation...why did people believe that it would be different this time? How many times do you all need before you realise how things are??????

In my opinion a lot of 'regular' posters on this site need a sharp dose of reality...they are happy to live in a world of their own creation. where they are 'in the know' and believe they have some inside information with regards to what is happening at our club.

The fact that we have been outbid by Hibs, with regards to a player that Vlad has wanted for a while speaks volumes...but the usual suspects will attempt to state that we are ok with what we have, and that everything is ok...strange that the very same individuals were the ones who were stating that we needed a striker etc etc...WHY ON EARTH DO SOME PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM APPEAR UNABLE TO LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD???? I am speaking about the people that are on here 24/7, with a few thousand posts to their name...

I call it like I see it, and if we do not sign a goal score in this transfer window, at the very LEAST...then in myopinion it is a complete disgrace...I couldn't care if the usual suspects come out and say 'But we have scored the most goals in the SPL'...strange that these same people are normally the same people that are moaning all the time about having nobody up front that can finish...

Certain people need to step back and take a logical look at exactly what is happening...we needed to strengthen the forward position at the very minimum in this transfer window, and we have lost out to our bitter rivals with regards to our main transfer target...when they apparently have nowhere near the kind of financial package on offer...do we have a backup in place? probably not? Will we sign someone? Probably not...Have we been let down once again...YES!!! And anyone who attempts to justify this, is in my humble opinion...simply trying to do what Csaba is at the moment...and papering over the cracks. If we are serious about becoming a force in this league, now was the time to put a marker down...and we have failed miserably.

No doubt I will be slated for this by the usual apologists...but is simply my opinion. i do not care that we never signed Ratboy...I predicted this would happen...but in my opinion if we do not sign a goal poacher, then it is an absolute disgrace, and it will be quite clear that we have bugger all money to progress the team...no matter what statements Vlad or Csabe comes out with.

I really hope I am completely wrong, and we pull something out at the last minute...but I honestly have no faith whatsoever in that happening.

Strongly worded re other peoples views etc but I do agree that as a club we do have an annoying "habit" of spouting far too much sheeite in the transfer window,..

If the powers that be know the packages etc are not entirly up to standard why fannnny around?

Why not just come straight out in the beginning of the window and say "we haver no targets that we will get so.. we will use the time to bond the squad and work on free kicks PENALTIES etc.." as needs be...

Transfer windows, especially the august one are a serious statement of intent.

FAO Vlad.. Want to see how serious a transfer window is? Man City are looking good (at time of writing) to outdo MAN UTD in the race for berbatovs signature... Thats ambition sunshine... It's a serious statment of where they want to be and what they are willing to do to get there.

Stop telling us great big fat filled porky Pies and give it to us straight.

I'm a big boy, I can handle it honest!!!!

ArthurScargill

I wonder how many of you that have replied on this thread were talking about Riordan coming over the past couple of days???

Why do some of you find it so hard to express anger and disappointment with regards to the people in charge of our club???

AGAIN this has nothing to do with Ratboy...why in the name of Christ have we not signed anybody to play as a goalpoacher??? Why can't you see that the rumours that we hear about in the last few transfer windows, with regards to big signings...are simply PR Spin!!!?!?!?!? They were never, and would never have happened...

I stand by my statement...the fact that we look like signing nobody to play up front as an out and out goalscorer...is a complete disgrace...and if we accomplish nothing this season, then I know who is to be held accountable once again.

Commander Harris

re: the club talking about targets...

this window, what has the club said in an official capacity with reference to players coming in?

Malinga the Swinga
I wonder how many of you that have replied on this thread were talking about Riordan coming over the past couple of days???

Why do some of you find it so hard to express anger and disappointment with regards to the people in charge of our club???

AGAIN this has nothing to do with Ratboy...why in the name of Christ have we not signed anybody to play as a goalpoacher??? Why can't you see that the rumours that we hear about in the last few transfer windows, with regards to big signings...are simply PR Spin!!!?!?!?!? They were never, and would never have happened...

I stand by my statement...the fact that we look like signing nobody to play up front as an out and out goalscorer...is a complete disgrace...and if we accomplish nothing this season, then I know who is to be held accountable once again.

And if we do achieve something, will he get the credit

Commander Harris

all I've said about Riordan was that people comparing him to Robertson was disgraceful and in the past I've said that he should not be considered if he's going to be a destructive influence on the dressing room, which I believe he would be.

as for a striker, I've already said that I think we need one and I hope Tullberg is the answer but I realise that getting a striker that will improve our team is a lot more difficult than just saying "I want this guy, great he's signed".

I'll chime in again.

We all know how much we need a striker to finish our chances, but look at the current stats.

Goals For: 7 (Joint 2nd in the league with Celtic after Rangers)

Goals Against: 6 (3rd highest in the league)

Yet despite that, we sit in 3rd place after 4 games.

Sounds like we need defenders, no?

ArthurScargill

Again I will state my viewpoint...THIS IS NOT SIMPLY ABOUT RIORDAN NOT SIGNING!!!!!

I knew he wouldn't sign...I stated it over the last few days...look back at my posts ffs!!!!

We needed a goalscorer...it looks like we will sign nobody...in my opinion that is WRONG!!!

How any of you can attempt to defend this, is simply beyond my comprehension???! I mean come on, why can't some of you admit that we desperately needed someone in this position, and the fact that we have not brought anyone in is an absolute disgrace...

It is a perfect example of fickle fans...I am willing to bet that the same people who are slating me for saying this, will be on here moaning about our strikers when we lose any game coming up...hypocritical or what!!!!???

ArthurScargill
I'll chime in again.

We all know how much we need a striker to finish our chances, but look at the current stats.

Goals For: 7 (Joint 2nd in the league with Celtic after Rangers)

Goals Against: 6 (3rd highest in the league)

Yet despite that, we sit in 3rd place after 4 games.

Sounds like we need defenders, no?

No...we need a striker...how you can dispute that is beyond me. Tell you what, I will wait till the next game we get beat, after creating loads of chances, and our ONE man up front has scored diddly squat...what will you same individuals be saying then hmmmm????

WHY ARE SOME OF YOU SO HESITANT TO BE CRITICAL OF ANYTHING TO DO WITH OUR CLUB????

Commander Harris
Again I will state my viewpoint...THIS IS NOT SIMPLY ABOUT RIORDAN NOT SIGNING!!!!!

I knew he wouldn't sign...I stated it over the last few days...look back at my posts ffs!!!!

We needed a goalscorer...it looks like we will sign nobody...in my opinion that is WRONG!!!

How any of you can attempt to defend this, is simply beyond my comprehension???! I mean come on, why can't some of you admit that we desperately needed someone in this position, and the fact that we have not brought anyone in is an absolute disgrace...

It is a perfect example of fickle fans...I am willing to bet that the same people who are slating me for saying this, will be on here moaning about our strikers when we lose any game coming up...hypocritical or what!!!!???

again I will state my view point, as well as addressing your points on Riordan I have consistently said on this thread that I think we need another striker. I hope Tullberg will be the answer to that problem, time will tell.

BUT signing such a striker is a lot more difficult than seeing it is a problem area and plucking a player from mid air. A good striker costs money, they need to want to play for Hearts in the SPL and will no doubt be wanted by other clubs who can match/better our terms etc etc.

The transfer market isn't a magic wishing well

Totoally agree with this though..

Any manager/head coach/puppet who effectively says.. "we don't want some one who scores in almost every game he plays" needs a lesson in football..

Let me remind all of you..

The object of the game is to score more goals than your opponents, thereby winning the game..

an out an out goal scoring goal hanging poaching fecker is perfect for this..

After all its what they do.

Ohh dear.

ArthurScargill
again I will state my view point, as well as addressing your points on Riordan I have consistently said on this thread that I think we need another striker. I hope Tullberg will be the answer to that problem, time will tell.

BUT signing such a striker is a lot more difficult than seeing it is a problem area and plucking a player from mid air. A good striker costs money, they need to want to play for Hearts in the SPL and will no doubt be wanted by other clubs who can match/better our terms etc etc.

The transfer market isn't a magic wishing well

Yes, I understand what you are saying...but come on...are you honestly telling me that you are not feeling let down ONCE AGAIN with regards to our efforts in the transfer window...especially as it is blatantly obvious to the mass majority of us where our team is lacking?

Dont get me wrong I would loved for us to sign a prolific goal scorer but they arent exactly easy to come by.

Velicka. Nuff said.

No...we need a striker...how you can dispute that is beyond me. Tell you what, I will wait till the next game we get beat, after creating loads of chances, and our ONE man up front has scored diddly squat...what will you same individuals be saying then hmmmm????

WHY ARE SOME OF YOU SO HESITANT TO BE CRITICAL OF ANYTHING TO DO WITH OUR CLUB????

What I'm saying is... Despite our lack of strikers, we have managed to score a fair amount of goals in our first 4 games... Resulting in us being in 3rd place.

If we did have "goal scoring" striker, then we'd probably have a lot more. Given what we've got, and the fact that we haven't seen Tullberg yet, we're not doing too badly.

ArthurScargill
Ohh dear.

To be honest I dont want to argue with anyone...I am simply stating my viewpoint...if you want to have a pop at me for this then feel free, but I will not lower myself to that level.

It would be interesting if you actually stated what you think about our efforts in this transfer window, rather than simply saying 'ohh dear'.

Mind you, from what I have seen...you are one of the 'in the know brigade' on JKB...shhhhhhhyeah right matey!!!! Time to wake up and leave lala land.

Commander Harris
Yes, I understand what you are saying...but come on...are you honestly telling me that you are not feeling let down ONCE AGAIN with regards to our efforts in the transfer window...especially as it is blatantly obvious to the mass majority of us where our team is lacking?

Of course I'm dissapointed that we haven't signed another striker(although I do hope Tullberg will prove to be the answer). I do not feel let down though as I've not been promised another striker and I understand that we have a budget and other constraints that we have to live within.

To be honest I dont want to argue with anyone...I am simply stating my viewpoint...if you want to have a pop at me for this then feel free, but I will not lower myself to that level.

It would be interesting if you actually stated what you think about our efforts in this transfer window, rather than simply saying 'ohh dear'.

Mind you, from what I have seen...you are one of the 'in the know brigade' on JKB...shhhhhhhyeah right matey!!!! Time to wake up and leave lala land.

Have a word mate.

Take a chill pill and calm down.

Malinga the Swinga

I would have loved us to have signed a guaranteed poacher who scores 30 goals a season, but have no idea who he is. People mention Velicka, but when we signed him, he was given the Kaunas reject tag, and a lot of people weren't bothered when he left.

Gow wasn't the answer, no one from the premiership/championship would come unless offered stupid money and the majority of Scottish strikers are guff, so unless we picked an unknown, don't see who the answer is.

We brought in a striker this window.... Tullberg. He might turn out to be a goal machine. Csaba will know better than any of us on that.

We also brought in Obua, a kaunas midfielder and 2 goalies.

You don't buy just because it's the last day of the window.

ArthurScargill
What I'm saying is... Despite our lack of strikers, we have managed to score a fair amount of goals in our first 4 games... Resulting in us being in 3rd place.

If we did have "goal scoring" striker, then we'd probably have a lot more. Given what we've got, and the fact that we haven't seen Tullberg yet, we're not doing too badly.

Yes that is true...but from what we have read about Tullberg, he is the type of player who need a goalscorer playing alongside him...which is why we desperately needed to sign one this transfer window.

I don't know about any of the rest of you, but i am not happy with finishing mid-table...I believe we are more than capable of getting third. But the complete lack of ambition shown by our owner this transfer window, leads me to believe that this will now be a LOT more difficult now...when it is basically there for the taking if he had shown the same kind of ambition we all hope he still has for our club...and thats not to say I would be happy with third...because if he was to put his hand in his pocket we are more than capable of putting in a sustained challenge for honours...but it will not happen in he continues to show such a lack of ambition.

ArthurScargill
We brought in a striker this window.... Tullberg. He might turn out to be a goal machine. Csaba will know better than any of us on that.

We also brought in Obua, a kaunas midfielder and 2 goalies.

You don't buy just because it's the last day of the window.

Hilarious...

WHY DO SOME OF YOU FIND IT SO DIFFICULT TO ADMIT YOU ARE GUTTED WE HAVE SIGNED NOBODY TODAY??????

It is laughable to be honest...

I will happily remind everyone on this thread that is disputing the fact we needed a goalscorer on this thread, the very next time I see them state they are peeved about losing a game due to us playing 1 up front, and having nobody decent up front.

alwaysthereinspirit

Wow. Another father figure giving us OUR opinions.

scott herbertson

I don't

I'm not angry or disappointed

Hilarious...

WHY DO SOME OF YOU FIND IT SO DIFFICULT TO ADMIT YOU ARE GUTTED WE HAVE SIGNED NOBODY TODAY??????

It is laughable to be honest...

I will happily remind everyone on this thread that is disputing the fact we needed a goalscorer on this thread, the very next time I see them state they are peeved about losing a game due to us playing 1 up front, and having nobody decent up front.

I think you need to calm down. :) I'm disappointed but not gutted that we haven't signed anyone. We'll just have to make do with what we've got until the New Year. :rolleyes:

as others have pointed out, we've got 9 points from 12 games, and thats with Mole upfront on his own. Glen hasn't kicked a ball yet and Nade is still to get fit, plus we've yet to see Tullberg.

New players are always nice, but signing people just for the sake of it is pointless and possibl even damaging - remember the window when Beslija and Makela came in?

ArthurScargill
Wow. Another father figure giving us OUR opinions.

Eh??? No...sorry but your pathetic attempt to deride my post is completely ridiculous I'm afraid...

That post is MY OPINION...not a claim to be a post speaking for everyones opinion...

If you cannot differentiate between the two, then that is your problem...not mine.

I know one thing... I can spot a trumpet a mile off.

The problem we face is to get an out and out goalscorer you have to spend big bucks (which we won't) or hope that you can polish up a turd and find a gem (unlikely) so what we're left with is hope that one of the strikers we do have can go on a run and get a few goals!

Not overly disapointed though as on paper we have the strongest squad outside the ugly sisters

Last prolific goal scored we signed was one juho and look how good he turned out to be. AWESOME!! NOT!!! we have made 5 signings this window anyone know the stats on recent windows i.e how many we signed, and other clubs stats on numbers of player in. I think we will have dne ok if obua turns out to be decent once he settles and tullburg gives us around 12 - 16 goals we will be walking to at least 4th and prob 3rd. only time will let unless anyone can see the future

ArthurScargill
as others have pointed out, we've got 9 points from 12 games, and thats with Mole upfront on his own. Glen hasn't kicked a ball yet and Nade is still to get fit, plus we've yet to see Tullberg.

New players are always nice, but signing people just for the sake of it is pointless and possibl even damaging - remember the window when Beslija and Makela came in?

Yes mate...I agree with what you are saying...

But are you honestly telling me you are not deflated by what we have done in YET ANOTHER transfer window...when it is abundantly clear we needed to strengthen!!!???

I mean come on, be honest...we needed a goalscorer...why has Vlad not gone out there and got us one, if he has the money to do so?????? I think it is time we realised that Vlad simply does not have as much money, or ambition for our team as we believed he had.

Not gutted at all. Besides our early exit from a cup, I'm quite pleased with how the season has started.

We could do with signing another striker, but I'm content with what we've got at the moment. Csaba has rejuvenated what we finished with last season. Hopefully Tullberg will be the shining light for us, but either way, we're doing okay without him so far.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Arthur you are so wrong on this one.

Got a text an hour ago Hearts have been used here. Riordan had no intention of joining Hearts but Celtic used us to ensure he went for cash and not a loan.

If we dont sign anyone then fair enough we have still got Glen and Tullburg to come in and as it stands we are still scoring goals.

I said as much a couple of days ago.

ArthurScargill
I know one thing... I can spot a trumpet a mile off.

Nice to see you are resorting to abuse...rather than attempting to post anything constructive.

Pretty pathetic isn't it?

Anyway, cest la vie...enjoy pretending for the rest of the season that you are 'in the know' :)

Yes mate...I agree with what you are saying...

But are you honestly telling me you are not deflated by what we have done in YET ANOTHER transfer window...when it is abundantly clear we needed to strengthen!!!???

I mean come on, be honest...we needed a goalscorer...why has Vlad not gone out there and got us one, if he has the money to do so?????? I think it is time we realised that Vlad simply does not have as much money, or ambition for our team as we believed he had.

I'm gonna do it...

:hobofish:

If you're not, you're really coming across as one now.

ArthurScargill
I said as much a couple of days ago.

So did I if you look through my previous posts...but can't you see that if we knew that would happen, then why the feck did the people who are supposed to be experts in this field not know???????

Why was there not a backup plan?

Why have we not gone for anyone else???

Come on...open your eyes!!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Actually, I'm not feeling "let down" at all. For once, we seem to be pursuing a reasonably settled starting line-up and formation that the players seem to be enjoying. More importantly, we're getting results with it. That to me is the most important thing about the club at the moment and long may it continue.

Nice to see you are resorting to abuse...rather than attempting to post anything constructive.

Pretty pathetic isn't it?

Anyway, cest la vie...enjoy pretending for the rest of the season that you are 'in the know' :)

Wasn't really abuse towards you. But if you want to feel that way then you can take it however you want.

I'll say it again. 3 out of 4 so far after playing one of the old firm away... just calm down and take that chill pill I mentioned earlier.

ArthurScargill
I'm gonna do it...

:hobofish:

If you're not, you're really coming across as one now.

That is fecking embarrassing...nothing else to say to you with regards to that post...simply embarrassing.

Archived