An abslolute disgrace if we dont bring in at least 1 striker!!!

Walter Bishop

Forever Gorgie

good start to the season, but 20 goal a season striker should have been priority mole mekela will not get 10 between them. disgrace as we have had all summer to get some1 in

FFS give it a rest. We still have in my opinion, the 3rd best squad in the SPL. Look at the quality throughout our team.....Berra, Stewart, Kingston, Driver...and the potential of the likes of Jonsson, Nade, Glen. We have more than enough to seal 3rd this season.

So what, Hibs have signed Riordan? Let's see how many goals he manages without Thomson, Brown, O'Connor etc to play alongside. Hibs in goalkeeper, defence and midfield are still absolutely woeful and in my opinion, have two very over-rated players in Riordan and Fletcher up front.

Why do we always have to finish 3rd

Whats wrong with trying to win the bloody league.

We'l never win nothing with the squad we have

We will be lucky to finish in the top six with the strikers we have.

I will now be using the ignore function for the first time.

It will be nice coming on here without the usual "MAD VALD OUT!?!" posts.

:(

I will now be using the ignore function for the first time.

It will be nice coming on here without the usual "MAD VALD OUT!?!" posts.

Mad Vlad will be the death of us.

We will be lucky to finish in the top six with the strikers we have.

Hibs will be lucky to finish in the bottom 2 with the goalkeeper, defence and midfield they have....

The last 20 goal striker we had was Robbo.

Since then we've had strikers who can score 10-15 goals a season but am struggling to remember the last striker who hit 10 league goals. Hamilton probably. (Forgot about Velicka)

Since then our midfielders have been our main goal threat - Skacel, Hartley et al.

While Rearend is a reptile of the highest order, he would have given us a 15 goal a season striker to go with our other strikers. Nade was not prolific at Sheff Utd and our other strikers are unlikely to hit double figures.

We're creating chances but need the classic penalty box striker.

We've known since Vlad took over that we've needed a regular goal scorer so as it stands, its something that a lot a fans can't understand that we've not brought one in.

Personally, I would have gone to Sunderland for Stokes on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season. Hes slipped down the pecking order there and has proven in the SPL he can score and I think would be ideal for us.

Walter Bishop
FFS give it a rest. We still have in my opinion, the 3rd best squad in the SPL. Look at the quality throughout our team.....Berra, Stewart, Kingston, Driver...and the potential of the likes of Jonsson, Nade, Glen. We have more than enough to seal 3rd this season.

So what, Hibs have signed Riordan? Let's see how many goals he manages without Thomson, Brown, O'Connor etc to play alongside. Hibs in goalkeeper, defence and midfield are still absolutely woeful and in my opinion, have two very over-rated players in Riordan and Fletcher up front.

Yep i can see plenty of goals in amongst that lot! :rolleyes:

Yep i can see plenty of goals in amongst that lot! :rolleyes:

You know what, your right. I'm going to hand my season ticket back in protest of us not bidding for Berbatov. It's a disgrace :rolleyes:

You know what, your right. I'm going to hand my season ticket back in protest of us not bidding for Berbatov. It's a disgrace :rolleyes:

Don't do that. Wait until the last game of the season and throw an empty season ticket book onto the pitch.

That'll show them!

Don't do that. Wait until the last game of the season and throw an empty season ticket book onto the pitch.

That'll show them!

Your right. I might bring last years book and throw it on too. Just for effect :cool:

portobellojambo1

I think the word "disgrace" is a bit over the top, although I think "disappointing" covers it.

While I agree with many that the start to the season has been promising I don't think bringing in someone who could be counted on to get a reasonable number goals was too much to ask, especially if it were to help cement the start we have had.

Yip, on reflection disappointed a little bit, but would stop short of calling it a disgrace.

You'll be wanting the Scottish Cup next! :107years:

I wouldn't swap our squad with the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or Motherwell so let's stop greetin' like wee lassies and get on with the serious job of drinking lager and supporting our team.

Buffalo Bill

We'l never win nothing with the squad we have

I'd like Hearts to win trophies - as do a lot of Jambos. You seem to be quite keen on..... nothing!? Where's your ambition my dear Mixu!

Dr Ian Malcolm

Outside Boyd and McDonald (arguably JVOH although unlikely) who is a "20 goal a season" striker? Its the type of player fans of all clubs say they want every single season - they're also the hardest players to find.

Personally, if we're spreading goals around the team (which we have done over the forst few games) then we're not relying on one player to get our goals - for me thats a good thing, as it a) doesn't put individuals under intense pressure when they're not scoring and B) means we can cope a little better if any strikers are injured for a length of time. Not saying that type of striker wouldn't be good to have, but 9 other clubs are in the same boat, and we've already scored more than most (if not all) of them.

Snake Plissken

We've had a couple of strikers in recent years who could have reached that magical 20 mark but injuries/selling them stopped that.

Not since the early 90s has a Hearts striker hit 20 goals - hardly a problem we can blame solely on VR.

In our two most successful teams in the last 20 years did not have 20-goal strikers but a whole lot of goals from midfield.

97/98 Had McCann and Cameron

05/06 Had Hartley and Skacel

Driver is capable of 10 goals this season, Kingston 8 or so and if Obua settles maybe he could chip in a few goals. We still have Tullberg and Glen to feature this season.

Well done OP you got your reaction.

Nelly Terraces

Start yer greetin then ya plum. We've brought no-one in. Bring on the Tullberg. Gorgie Rules - FTH, rat shagging ****.

Archived