Twirly

jambo1998

Narrative Arc

Did we invent the twirl? Sure we could claim to be the first in Scotland but were we the first ever?

It always seems to be done in accompaniment to the tune of "Hey Jude", but surely it doesn't date back to 1968. Any ideas?

Rudolf's Mate
It always seems to be done in accompaniment to the tune of "Hey Jude", but surely it doesn't date back to 1968. Any ideas?

I remember in the 80's when it was done with people making a oooooohhhhh noise. Nothing else just a weird noise whilst doing it. ANyone lse remember this???

Man Utd 1975.

It was originally to camouflage the throwing of missiles at the game or should I say the people throwing them.

The twirly, like the atmosphere at tynie, has gone for the moment, after 2 years of Vlad destruction. I'm sure it will be back though, good times lie ahead of us I'm sure! :)

Cairneyhill Jambo
I remember in the 80's when it was done with people making a oooooohhhhh noise. Nothing else just a weird noise whilst doing it. ANyone lse remember this???

I remember doing it too.

Started of with the ooooohhhhhh then na na na, na na na, jam tarts.

Think the hey Jude thing came later.

King of the North
I remember doing it too.

Started of with the ooooohhhhhh then na na na, na na na, jam tarts.

Think the hey Jude thing came later.

That is the hey jude thing

3fingersreid

one of the best I remember was at tannadice "that year" even we doddy joined in using a towel

Im sure archie macpherson called it "a maroon and white whirlygig"!!!!

Doctor FinnBarr
one of the best I remember was at tannadice "that year" even we doddy joined in using a towel

Spot on, SC game, did get beat tho.

:)

3fingersreid

nah it was the game after the semi final where Robbo hit a screamer I remember jumping up and landing about ten feet down the famous tannadice terrace from where I started

Jimmy Bone got sent off? Lost 2 1?......

sorry but the best "gorgie windmill" I wae ever part of was the first home game of the season 86-87 against smeltic,,, from where the old stand joined to the away end(gorgie rd) right round to the other side where the home end joined the other side of the away end, it seemed every man ,woman & child that was in the home end done the windmill in sheer defience to the cheating let us score 5 & we will pay you lots of cash, smeltic players & fans where given hell that day, & quite rightly so.

Doctor FinnBarr
nah it was the game after the semi final where Robbo hit a screamer I remember jumping up and landing about ten feet down the famous tannadice terrace from where I started

Long before that mate, JB was playing!

:107years:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

That still happens. Fairly regularly actually.

Archived