Hibs and Riordan

djf

Ignoring our own supposed interest in Riordan for a moment could somebody clarify the situation that occured when DR left Hibs for Celtic.

I was looking across at Hibs.net where it seems they are very much in favour of taking him back, with some signatures likening it to the second coming.

But from my vague recollection did DR not completely shaft Hibs over when leaving originally. I seem to recall he told close family and friends he was going to stay then signed a pre-contract at the very last moment to ensure Hibs wouldn't even receive a nominal fee for him? For someone who was supposedly a lifelong Hibs fan i'm not sure how they lot could ever forgive him for the way he treated them. I would consider reluctant acceptance a reasonable reaction. But glorifying and resting their entire season on his re-signing?

Would we ever take Andy Webster back so positively?

Charlie-Brown

Hibs fans hate Petrie more than Riordan and Deeks is seen as a daft laddie / professional player / one of them.

Cardiac Rucksack
Ignoring our own supposed interest in Riordan for a moment could somebody clarify the situation that occured when DR left Hibs for Celtic.

I was looking across at Hibs.net where it seems they are very much in favour of taking him back, with some signatures likening it to the second coming.

But from my vague recollection did DR not completely shaft Hibs over when leaving originally. I seem to recall he told close family and friends he was going to stay then signed a pre-contract at the very last moment to ensure Hibs wouldn't even receive a nominal fee for him? For someone who was supposedly a lifelong Hibs fan i'm not sure how they lot could ever forgive him for the way he treated them. I would consider reluctant acceptance a reasonable reaction. But glorifying and resting their entire season on his re-signing?

Something to do with him signing a pre contract after his birthday meaning Hibs would get nothing, they were then forced to accept ?150k for him before the end of August.

maroonlegions

i think there is some truth in that and i can recall the hobos hating him at one point for shafting them so it makes all the more a comedy sketch from chewing the fat , they are really clutching at straws if they think he will rescue their season , for one their defense is all over the place.:107years:

riordan signed a contract that started two days after his 24th birthday meaning that hibs would be due no compensation for him if he left on a bosman. at the time this would have meant him not being able to play for a few months due to the transfer windows or some malarky. anyway hibs ended up selling him for 150,000 and the fans were rather annoyed. now he is the messiah. donno why

maybe they have less zelots on there board who realise there in trouble and will take what they can get and they know he will do a job for them

Roirdan was shafted first by Hibs -- when Mowbray came in he was discussing and had agreed an improved contract on far better terms -- A stop to contract negotiations was then placed on the Club by Mowbray and Petrie until players had had a chance to prove them selves with the new manager.

When it was agreed that he did deserve a better deal Riordan asked for it to be backdated to the original agreement date -- this was refused so he refused to sign the improved deal until it was -- his wages were not very high in comparison to others as a result. He of course improved as a player --

A game of hard ball then ensued until it got nearer and nearer to the end of his contract by which time things were so bad with Petrie there was no way a new deal was going to be signed hence the signing of the pre contract with Celtic -- his Hibs contract ended in October for some strange reason and the money paid was simply a token payment to ensure he was a Celtic player at the start of the season.

Ratboy completely rammed it up the Hobos Jimmy Carter. Dry.

Hopefully the little nyaff will fester in the KnewCamp reserves for another season.

Ray Winstone

Hibs thought he was going to sign a new deal and as a sweetner - Petrie sanctioned giving Riordan a brand new Range Rover.

He took the car, drove through to Glasgow and signed a pre contract with Celtic ensuring Hibs got sweet FA for their efforts.

Nice guy!

Archived