Sharm el-Sheikh

belly

Myself and Mrs B are off to Sharm el-Sheikh tomorrow, can't wait will be our first ever trip to Egypt. Any recomendations on things to do, places to eat? We are considering going to Cairo to see the Pyramids, any other worth while excursions??

Myself and Mrs B are off to Sharm el-Sheikh tomorrow, can't wait will be our first ever trip to Egypt. Any recomendations on things to do, places to eat? We are considering going to Cairo to see the Pyramids, any other worth while excursions??

Loved Egypt, I stayed back from the resorts though.

"considering"... what is there to consider!? you can't go to egypt and not see the Pyramids of Giza or visit Cairo so that is a must!

My highlight was a donkey trek into the valley of the kings. Taking these wee donkeys(that looked like they were on their last legs!) into a canyon, 100+ ft drops down one side. It was a bit nervy but the views were amazing and it was a thoroughly worthwhile experience. Valley of the kings is immensely interesting too and is where most of the famous tombs are.

add to your list:

Egyptian Museum of Antiquities in Cairo (where all the tutankhamun artifacts are)

Abu Sibul (short flight to get here but again it is eye opening)

Karnak Temple, genuinely magnificient.

I'll stop here as I could go on for ever. Do yourself a favour and don't just lounge about in the sun with drinks all the time, see as much of it as you can!!!

I am going on Thursday...... Naama Bay here I come....:food-smiley-004::cool:

Archived