U want Riordan? Andy does!!

JamboMarc

Has Riordan EVER been reported as being disruptive at any club he has been at ?

Have the reasons for Riordan never getting a chance at Celtic ever been explained by Riordan, Strachan or anyone else ?

So why assume its his fault ?

Riordan will score goals for ANYONE in the SPL. He scored for Hibs and he scored for Celtic when he came on. I'd much rather he was doing it for us than for Hibs. To say he would ony be able to do it for Hibs is complete and utter tosh.

He'd be Hearts most prolific striker since Robbo. Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

You post like mines is opinion. Not fact.

i don't want the thug! would take one of the following though! stokes, gow, killen or chris porter

We have enough injury prone wage thiefs as it is. No thanks.

Stokes or Porter would both be excellent signings though imo. Don't see any reason why we couldn't get stokes on loan either. Keano wants him shipped out for a season and Stokes has enjoyed good form up here in the past.

Maroon tinted glasses 2

i think this is a win win situation for us if you think about it::)

If he did sign for us we would then have a 15-20 goals per season striker, The Hoobs fans would go into self destruct and turn on the board even more than they are doing at the moment. He would try harder than any forward we have ever had when we play cellic to try and get it up strachan. My only two concerns would be his private life and his commitment when playing the hoobs.

If he didnt sign for us and returned to the hoobs then this would more than likely mean they have had to break the current wage cap and thus send the dressingroom into meltdown.:eek:

Charlie-Brown

Hibs will probably have offered Riordan wages at the very top end of their salary scale or possibly slightly above that and give Riordan a big signing on fee to balance out the difference and make the move financially attractive enough to Deeks - if Hibs offer money close enough to what Hearts might offer him then he will sign for Hibs - that's a no-brainer - he'll probably use Hearts as a bargaining tool to squeeze every last penny out of Hibs.....VR would be making a wrong move in my opinion if we signed Riordan and the guy would end up proving more trouble than he's worth and he would end up (more) hated by fans even if he did score some goals initially - at some point he'd lose form or interest in playing for us and end up leaving with both parties glad to see the back of each other ...... but anyway I predict he will sign for Hibs on Monday however Hibs will also lose want-away Fletcher on the same day.

i think this is a win win situation for us if you think about it::)

If he did sign for us we would then have a 15-20 goals per season striker, The Hoobs fans would go into self destruct and turn on the board even more than they are doing at the moment. He would try harder than any forward we have ever had when we play cellic to try and get it up strachan. My only two concerns would be his private life and his commitment when playing the hoobs.

If he didnt sign for us and returned to the hoobs then this would more than likely mean they have had to break the current wage cap and thus send the dressingroom into meltdown.:eek:

Sign him, play him and get him involved in the community programme as kids don't have prejudices and it could well be the making of the man.

Ryan Gosling

It's Romanov who wants him, not Csaba or anyone else.

If Vlad wants him he'll do everything he can to get him I reckon.

I personally think our "links" to mainstream SPL / British players is leaked propoganda.

We've never signed any of these players we have been linked to, but as Big Husref says fans get excited by it, fans say at least we are looking at players like that.

I'm not sure we really are. Not seriously.

All this is utter bull. I'm sure if you had offered a Rangers fan Larsson at the price he is going for they would take him in a heart beat. Rearend as well as a **** and a jakey and a :hobofish: would definitely score the goals we NEED to have a successful season.

Not to mention at the price he is going at Vlad will see guaranteed profit, as many do when we sell him on.

look........................

ratboy is signing for hubz 2morrow,probably...........................

there is no way on earth he is coming to tynecastle,absolutely no way.

this is about him and mixu saying he has turned down hearts and more money,to return home. its so obvious its embarrassing........................

to think he is coming to hearts is ludicrous,its a shame we've got involved in his little charade but we have probably made hubz pay a bit more in wages than they wanted to which is no bad thing...................;)

Jam Tarts 1874
It's Romanov who wants him, not Csaba or anyone else.

If Vlad wants him he'll do everything he can to get him I reckon.

In that case I really hope we don't sign him.

kissthebadge
I very much doubt Hibs could afford his wages. They are reported to have a cap of 1-2K and Riordan will be on about 8k at Celtic.

Regardless of how stupid he may be, his bank manager/agent are not.

I heard that Ma-ka-lamity is on ?4.5k per week. If true, paying Riordan ?5k-6k per week wouldn't upset the apple-cart too much.

I'd say that given the noises coming from both Hearts and Hibs, he's more likely to go there but if you consider the way our club now seem to be doing business, we won't find out until it's a 'done deal'.

Bottom line is that we still need a decent PROVEN goalscorer but I doubt that will be Riordan.

I know its a greggs job but my Hibby mate as at their game yesterday and was speaking to Paul Kane- he is of the opinion that DR is signing for us and its almost a "done deal":). Even in the small demographic of Jambos that i know, opinion is divided on him but I'm all for it really. If we pull it off i reckon it will be the bargain of the summer....

As stated yesterday this is about face saving -- Vlad cannot have the scenario of Riordan turning him and us down then moving to our city rivals.

Any 100% move will only be done if he is sure Riordan will sign despite interest from anyone else -- that is also the reason why it is not being done today -- any move will be very last minute to ensure no 'rejection' claims can come out.

So far there has not been one comment from Hearts making it easy for us to deny making any bid -- there is a vast difference between asking about a player and making the bid official which has to be put on paper.

The Hibs angle is interesting though if the move for Gallagher was genuine -- seems Riordan was not first choice --wonder how he'll feel now knowing he is not even first choice for them.

Ron Burgundy
all the hobos i speak to hate him and don't want him back

Thats what I would expect after the way he shafted them but the Hobos in my work see him as the second coming.I don't get it.

Is Deek a wee eejit? Aye. Is Deek one of the most hated players from the Hearts fans point of view ever? Aye. Is Deek a talented and SPL-proven striker? Aye.

Get him signed Csaba. It's our job to hate anyone who pulls on the green and white of Leith's "finest", but combined with Christophe Berra, Lee Wallace, Andy Driver, Michael Stewart and the other up and coming Scottish lads, Deek would be a fantastic addition to our squad.

For anyone else that's unsure... two words: Paul Hartley.

Is Deek a wee eejit? Aye. Is Deek one of the most hated players from the Hearts fans point of view ever? Aye. Is Deek a talented and SPL-proven striker? Aye.

Get him signed Csaba. It's our job to hate anyone who pulls on the green and white of Leith's "finest", but combined with Christophe Berra, Lee Wallace, Andy Driver, Michael Stewart and the other up and coming Scottish lads, Deek would be a fantastic addition to our squad.

the difference is ph has a brain.........................:eek:

Charlie-Brown

Paul Hartley, Brian Hamilton, Gordon Durie were people who'd played for Hibs but who were in no way Hibs supporters.

John Robertson supported Hibs as a kid but his family also had Hearts connections.

Peter Marinello & Willie Ormond came as big Hibs characters and ended up abused / hated by Hearts fans - it's a nap that if HEARTS-HATER Derek Riordan ever plays for Hearts then he will end up the same way.

gorgie rd eh11

He's undoubtedly a good player, but i'd be stunned if he signed for Hearts, and that suits me fine. It seems to me he's heading back to h*bs one way or another, whether that means seeing out his contract or waiting till they offer enough money to c*ltic for them to let him go. I would love HMFC's interest to be pushing up the price, and the wage bill, before what looks like the inevitable happens.

Most say because he is a hobo fan , "dont sign him" But if we never signed a well known hobo would we have went 22 in a row ?

Sign him, if he has any sence he will come to us ( if all the rumors are true)

If he wants to play for a team who will get back into euro compititions next year he will sign for us, if he just wants an easy life with no expectation he will re-sign for the hobos,

If he does sign for us I will give him my backing till he does something to lose it, if he dont sign , i wont lose any sleep.

JAMBOJAMBOJAMBO
I would take him in a heartbeat,the guy can score goals and we need a goalscorer.And also this is no comparison to the Mojo affair as I dont believe his signing would merit 10 page pull outs in the Daily Rags,as we witnessed in the so-called Mojogate.

Would take him. Hate him but he's got talent. Funkey Monkey got loads out of him so I don't see why we can't. It would be bloody amusing for a start.

tartofmidlothian

How reliable is NOTW, im not too good with papers reliabililty

Reliable enough to credit our first goal to Marius Zaliuska! :P

I don't think signing Riordan would be a good move. I usually don't care what players get up to off the pitch as long as they do the business on it. in his case though it is some really nasty stuff that he gets involved in.

I suspect that you don't hear too much about his antics at Celtic because Celtic are probably better at covering them up.

If Riordan whilst at Hibs could achieve the level of performance that he did whilst being a ****-head and getting involved in all sorts, surely if he went to Celtic and knocked all of that stuff on the head he would be doing the business for them big time?

He is rotting in the reserves and Celtic and the only options he has is Hibs or us. He chooses us and there is no way he will cope with the pressure of that move. Add to that the fact he has not played much football and may never fulfill the potential that he had.

I'd rather we turned our attentions elsewhere. If not Glen and Tullberg have still to come in.

Archived