U want Riordan? Andy does!!

JamboMarc

Interesting, I say get him Shabba!!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/article19656.ece

also, apparently were meeting Derek tomorrow!!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/scottish/scottish_sport/article19720.ece

How reliable is NOTW, im not too good with papers reliabililty

It is just Sundays version of the Sun-:rolleyes: say no more.

I cant believe anyone anywhere thinks he will come here.

1. He is not mature enough to handle the pressure
  2. IMHO he would always choose the Hobbos over Hearts and is meeting us to just say 'GIRUY'
  3. He's reportedly already agreed to go back to the Hobbos and using us to get more money out of the Tache.
  4. This would be the 2008 Edinburgh equivalent of Mojo signing for Rangers
  5. I'd love us to publicly reject HIM on our website and move on to get another striker-(Stokes on loan maybe)

Dont let this get into bidding war to boost his bank account-He will go to Hibs, just a case of now or January

2. IMHO he would always choose the Hobbos over Hearts and is meeting us to just say 'GIRUY'
  3. He's reportedly already agreed to go back to the Hobbos and using us to get more money out of the Tache.
  5. I'd love us to publicly reject HIM on our website and move on to get another striker-(Stokes on loan maybe)

Dont let this get into bidding war to boost his bank account-He will go to Hibs, just a case of now or January

I would take him in a heartbeat,the guy can score goals and we need a goalscorer.And also this is no comparison to the Mojo affair as I dont believe his signing would merit 10 page pull outs in the Daily Rags,as we witnessed in the so-called Mojogate.

I would take him in a heartbeat,the guy can score goals and we need a goalscorer.And also this is no comparison to the Mojo affair as I dont believe his signing would merit 10 page pull outs in the Daily Rags,as we witnessed in the so-called Mojogate.

FWIW I would take him too-no question about it. He is a great player however I'd hate to think our club is being used to get him a better deal at Hibs.

For the Mojo comment I was just thinking along the lines of not being safe to hang about over in the other side of the city due to their fans reaction/hatred/suicidal tendencies if he was ever to dare come here.

Before I say this, I don't think he will come here, I see him signing for Hibs, but a Hibs supporter I know made an interesting remark...

"Derek Riordan IS stupid enough to sign for Hearts"

Now, I am obviously typing the term out of context, the context was not that it was stupid for anyone to sign for Hearts but it would be stupid for Derek Riordan, given his friends, history and standing in the city, to sign for Hearts.

I don't think he will come, but I just wonder what would happen if Hibs cannot make the deal but we can.

Before I say this, I don't think he will come here, I see him signing for Hibs, but a Hibs supporter I know made an interesting remark...

Now, I am obviously typing the term out of context, the context was not that it was stupid for anyone to sign for Hearts but it would be stupid for Derek Riordan, given his friends, history and standing in the city, to sign for Hearts.

I don't think he will come, but I just wonder what would happen if Hibs cannot make the deal but we can.

The Hibs fans hate Petrie enough that it would be unthinkable if it didn't happen for them.

DR has already been branded as a Messiah returning etc... on their site

The devastating effect it will have on them makes the thought so worthwhile, I wonder if they have a backup plan-(I hope we do as well while we're at it)

The Hibs fans hate Petrie enough that it would be unthinkable if it didn't happen for them.

DR has already been branded as a Messiah returning etc... on their site

The devastating effect it will have on them makes the thought so worthwhile, I wonder if they have a backup plan-(I hope we do as well while we're at it)

I agree with you. They are treading a dangerous line pinning their hopes on a guy that hasn't even signed. If we were to sneak in and sign him, I would have been happy irrespective of how it affected them, if it DOES affect them badly, that would simply make it all the sweeter.

Charlie-Brown

Say No to 'Deeks' - I'd rather we gave Glen & Templeton chances than sign this Hobo trailor trash.

Say No to 'Deeks' - I'd rather we gave Glen & Templeton chances than sign this Hobo trailor trash.

But you would back him as a hearts player if we did sign him ?

Does Riordan just want to get back to playing football or will the guys ego be that big that he will love creating the biggest media attention of the window and join Hearts.This is what it comes down to to me.He just wants football so rejoins his old club or he creates a media storm and joins Hearts for more money.

Charlie-Brown
But you would back him as a hearts player if we did sign him ?

Reluctantly - tolerate would be a better word - I hope he would score goals and play well however he could easily just be another player who signs a contract and uses us for easy money - lord help him in he lost form or wasn't seen to be giving 100% - you'd soon see how 'accepted' he was then.

Under-achiever, bad-apple, on the way down, ned, trouble and a little hibby rat. All, words and phrases associated with riordan. Don't want him anywhere near HMFC. He's ****.

Guest GhostHunter

Every transfer window...

Hleb, O'Connor, Hleb again, McFadden, Hleb again, O'Connor again...

Now it's Rearend....same tune different singer

:D

Under-achiever, bad-apple, on the way down, ned, trouble and a little hibby rat. All, words and phrases associated with riordan. Don't want him anywhere near HMFC. He's ****.

Agree with all of that apart from th last two words. He'd score goals, end of story, but the best reason to sign him is that Hibs would implode if we did.

Every transfer window...

I noticed you missed out Mendy. :P

maroonlegions
Every transfer window...

true, nothing is guaranteed in todays world of merry go round player transfers ,if he does a Mo Johnston then thats up to him , he knows very well the flak it will bring but for me its one of 3 things that will decide his fate

1.guaranteed first team football

2.MONEY

3.massive media attention/crossing the divide.

Every transfer window...

It's the Vlad way! :)

FWIW, I love to hear us being linked with good players (not that I know if Hleb or Mendy were any good ;) ) I would simply like us to sign one or two of the many good players we are linked with.

Guest GhostHunter
It's the Vlad way! :)

FWIW, I love to hear us being linked with good players (not that I know if Hleb or Mendy were any good ;) ) I would simply like us to sign one or two of the many good players we are linked with.

Why ? Who's the good player we've been linked with ?

:P

Oh, aye, Mendy....hehe there's still time ;)

Cardiac Rucksack

I just get the feeling we arebeing used to pressure Hibs in to paying what ra sellick want for him. I think the hobos result yesterday has just added to the pressure on Petrie to get him. I also dont think he is was Hibs need but it will definitely placate the fans for a few months.

As someone else mentioned, if Hearts are serious about signing ratboy I sincerely hope they have a plan B because I very much doubt that he IS stupid enough to sign for us.

If we are indeed looking for a 20 a season man then we should have been quietly lining things up for a week or so now. Tomorrow at 11.30 is too late to hear that Ratboy won't come :(

portobellojambo1

I would agree with this Alan. Stupid enough, but on the other hand he may also find himself unable not to, assuming he wants to stay in this area, and assuming Hibs are unwilling to change their remuneration structure to accommodate him. I also agree with the points people have raised in relation to his off field antics, but believe those are changeable, assuming he has any desire to get his career back on track. What I cannot agree with are those who simply refer to him as a s h i t player. Because that he is definitely not, he has proven he can score goals, and lots of them, and is all round a decent player. Would have no complaints if he arrived at Tynecastle, not saying I would get down and laud him, but if he did a job for us I would be happy at that.

I would agree with this Alan. Stupid enough, but on the other hand he may also find himself unable not to, assuming he wants to stay in this area, and assuming Hibs are unwilling to change their remuneration structure to accommodate him. I also agree with the points people have raised in relation to his off field antics, but believe those are changeable, assuming he has any desire to get his career back on track. What I cannot agree with are those who simply refer to him as a s h i t player. Because that he is definitely not, he has proven he can score goals, and lots of them, and is all round a decent player. Would have no complaints if he arrived at Tynecastle, not saying I would get down and laud him, but if he did a job for us I would be happy at that.

Iain,

I can imagine him going into the Gunner and telling his mates he has signed for "them". I can imagine his mates slagging him and he saying that we are offering him x wages and he is only taking the move to get a move to R@ng*rs. I can imagine him saying that he still hates us but will do the job to get a better move, and that he would rather be at Hearts close to his ill relative than go away from home.

I reiterate, I think he will sign for Hibs, all I am saying is when a friend remarked that quote to me, it did get me thinking.

portobellojambo1
Iain,

I can imagine him going into the Gunner and telling his mates he has signed for "them". I can imagine his mates slagging him and he saying that we are offering him x wages and he is only taking the move to get a move to R@ng*rs. I can imagine him saying that he still hates us but will do the job to get a better move, and that he would rather be at Hearts close to his ill relative than go away from home.

I reiterate, I think he will sign for Hibs, all I am saying is when a friend remarked that quote to me, it did get me thinking.

I too was of the opinion that he would be going to Hibs (in fact as I mentioned to you up at Riccarton on Friday I thought it was a done deal, and that Hibs were awaiting some sort of final close off from Celtic whereby they could then make it public knowledge, now I am not so sure).

At the end of the day he is a professional footballer, if Hibs haven't actually closed the deal, or are unwilling to, and Hearts offer him what he wants, and in return we get someone who scores some badly needed goals for us, then I, like your pal, could see him coming.

(In saying the above, i.e. about needing a proven goalscorer, the present league table makes strange reading. Many Hearts fans say, and I agree, we really need an out and out penalty box striker, and yet after 4 games we are the highest scoring team in the SPL.)

In saying the above, i.e. about needing a proven goalscorer, the present league table makes strange reading. Many Hearts fans say, and I agree, we really need an out and out penalty box striker, and yet after 4 games we are the highest scoring team in the SPL.

We could and should have scored more against Motherwell, we should have threatened to score against R@ng*rs given our possession in their half and the Clydebank game is glaringly obvious. I was not at St Mirren or Hamilton so cannot comment, but we do not seem to have that threat from the front at the moment. It is a little concerning that we need to score at least two to win games though.

I very much doubt Hibs could afford his wages. They are reported to have a cap of 1-2K and Riordan will be on about 8k at Celtic.

Regardless of how stupid he may be, his bank manager/agent are not.

suzie_preston

Do any of you really think he will come to Hearts and do the business for us?

I think he would come and take our money and cause nothing but trouble on and off the pitch if, and only if he carn't get back to Hibs.

He is stupid, immature, a ned and a hobo and always will be. I am sure there are other goal scorers out there that would come to Hearts and genuinely want what's best for themselves, the team and Hearts.

Why would Laszlo want to waste our money on someone like him? It's not just about scoring goals he want's team player's not idiot's.

And we should never be so desperate as to buy unwisely again. IMO :rolleyes:

Jambof3tornado
I just get the feeling we arebeing used to pressure Hibs in to paying what ra sellick want for him. I think the hobos result yesterday has just added to the pressure on Petrie to get him. I also dont think he is was Hibs need but it will definitely placate the fans for a few months.

I agree entirely with this,Petrie must do something to appease the fans and what better way than to re sign Deek. I would take him at Hearts as he can score goals,but there are plenty others out there who dont come with the same baggage as Deeks!! Hell,we may just manage third place without signing a new striker(until XMAS)

I think he would come and take our money and cause nothing but trouble on and off the pitch if, and only if he carn't get back to Hibs.

He is stupid, immature, a ned and a hobo and always will be. I am sure there are other goal scorers out there that would come to Hearts and genuinely want what's best for themselves, the team and Hearts.

Why would Laszlo want to waste our money on someone like him? It's not just about scoring goals he want's team player's not idiot's.

I suppose that is possible Suzie, but if we are interested and if we do make some sort of bid, before he comes here, he would need to sit down with someone at the club. He would need to show a willingness to come here. VR has shown in the past that anything other than blind loyalty will result in a player being cast aside.

I think if he came here, he would be a great success. He would not be here long (as I would believe that he would be here only to angle for a move to R@ng*rs) but he would put the ball in the net and IMO get us a decent profit also.

The Old Tolbooth
I too was of the opinion that he would be going to Hibs (in fact as I mentioned to you up at Riccarton on Friday I thought it was a done deal, and that Hibs were awaiting some sort of final close off from Celtic whereby they could then make it public knowledge, now I am not so sure).

At the end of the day he is a professional footballer, if Hibs haven't actually closed the deal, or are unwilling to, and Hearts offer him what he wants, and in return we get someone who scores some badly needed goals for us, then I, like your pal, could see him coming.

(In saying the above, i.e. about needing a proven goalscorer, the present league table makes strange reading. Many Hearts fans say, and I agree, we really need an out and out penalty box striker, and yet after 4 games we are the highest scoring team in the SPL.)

An incredible stat Iain when you consider what we all know to be true :eek:

I wouldn't be too worried about Riordan ON the pitch, as we all know he definitely has the ability to score goals, however his antics off the pitch would probably see him booted out of the club before long.

Can you begin to imagine the pressure that would be on him? He would have Hearts fans hating him for being a hobo in the first place, he would have every hobo on the planet (not many I know) hating him for joining their arch rivals, and every time he went out in Edinburgh he would end up in the infirmary because he's a mouthy little ned who cant keep his gob shut.

I still haven't forgotten the video clip of him singing about Rudi Skacel being a ****ing refugee, and the hatred he had for Hearts and personally I think he'd be better off going to the hobos where he would be accepted by the mongols, and hated by us, so normal service would be resumed.

The Sunday Herald is reporting that Rangers has agreed terms with Blackpool for Gow, so our interest must have waned on that front.

Corrie Jambo

He is a proven goalscorer and is cheap as chips at ?250K. Bednar went for nearly 10 times that!!! And the hibs fans would hate it .

It is a total no brainer.

We should also have been looking at Stokes Niculae or Sutton but we wait too long.

suzie_preston

I suppose we could sign him and then put him in the reserves team just for a laugh, Vlad could then sign a decent goalscorer and the ratboy could rot and his plan of taking the p$$$ out of us would show him up for how stupid he is and after the Webster carry on do you think Rangers would bother with another has-been. I think ratboy's time at Celtic has been karma for his past behaviour but he hasn't learnt his lesson yet so his career will suffer a little longer ;)

he could also susie come aiming to score as many goals as possable and get his arse transfered to a english club asap so in short we could get a season out of him and make a bundle of cash

football is full packed full of immiture neds who support other teams susie however the bit in bold and in red is the real worry!!! do we need him in a dressing room just recovering from chaos thats the real question but thats for the management to deal with not us our jobs to get behind the team :)

The Old Tolbooth
I suppose we could sign him and then put him in the reserves team just for a laugh, Vlad could then sign a decent goalscorer and the ratboy could rot and his plan of taking the p$$$ out of us would show him up for how stupid he is and after the Webster carry on do you think Rangers would bother with another has-been. I think ratboy's time at Celtic has been karma for his past behaviour but he hasn't learnt his lesson yet so his career will suffer a little longer ;)

I'm liking the way you think :D

i don't want the thug! would take one of the following though! stokes, gow, killen or chris porter

Stokes has had half of one very good season. Gow has had a run of about 10 games in form, not sure if Killen is still alive but he and Porter are more the target men than the executioner. Much as I am no fan of Riordan the man, Riordan the footballer is far better than any of your alternatives...

By reading that NOTW article it sounds like Mixu knows a deal has been done. I would love him to come to Hearts but i just can't see it!!

I'll still keep my fingers crossed!! :rolleyes:

portobellojambo1
An incredible stat Iain when you consider what we all know to be true :eek:

I wouldn't be too worried about Riordan ON the pitch, as we all know he definitely has the ability to score goals, however his antics off the pitch would probably see him booted out of the club before long.

I agree with you John re part one, I too would have no worries about Reardon on the pitch. One has to assume that he realises that whichever club he goes to, whether it be Hibs, Hearts or anyone else, this could be his last chance to re-establish himself as a decent footballer otherwise face the prospect of his career fading into oblivion at some lower league outfit.

Off the field all I think Hearts have to do is exactly what I am led to believe Celtic said to him on signing him, i.e. "get into trouble off the field and you are out of here". And it certainly seems to have worked, I do not frequent the city centre's nightclubs, but I have certainly read nothing in the papers to suggest he has been running about mental up town for the last year or so. The only thing that has come to light is a banning order has been placed on him, which relates back to something which happened before he joined Celtic.

In relation to the Skacel video, what can you class it as, apart from stupidity on his part. Football banter maybe, is it any worse than some of the songs you have heard at Tynecastle aimed at employees of Hibs, particularly Shiels and Tony Mowbray's late wife.

Sick and/or stupid is still sick and/or stupid no matter who is doing the singing, to some it is football banter. I wouldn't hold Riordan's participation in that video up as a reason for not signing him. It achieved its aim, it wound Hearts fans up, just like the songs being sung by Hearts fans wound up those on the other side of the city.

My only interest would be, will he change how we perform on the park, will he score and create goals for HMFC. And if the manager and the owner think the answer to those questions is yes, and it benefits HMFC, that will do for me.

Riordan is trouble. Always has been and always will be. You have to ask if he is so good then why couldn't he get a sniff at Celtic? The rumour is that he doesn't get on with Strachan and there was an incident at the training ground just after he joined. You're looking at a pretty serious incident for him to then be kept out of the team for so long and Celtic desperately trying to sell him for over a year now.

I think the sad fact is that Riordan will only ever score regularly for one team. Hibs. Because he will actually try a leg for them, anyone else is just a wage to him.

I cant believe anyone is still 100% ruling it out when he's got the choice of two clubs, one of whom will pay him at least twice as much as the other.

How reliable is NOTW, im not too good with papers reliabililty

Think NOTW is the most reliable of them all when it comes to footie reporting. One of the footie rumours sites, cant remember which, gives the sources scores based on how true the rumour was and NOTW is top iirc. I think their reporting team also do the Sunday Times, or at least they share the stories, and the ST tends to strive for fact.

We wasted 850,000 on Beslija and ?1.5 million on Pinilla's wages.

If we wasted another ?250,000 on Riordan I would be delighted because :

a) The Hobos would be so sick and it would be a brilliant PR victory

B) The Hobos wouldn't get the kick start which they might get if he signs for them , and

c) He might even be good enough to score for us ( just leave him out when we play hibs) !

I agree with you. They are treading a dangerous line pinning their hopes on a guy that hasn't even signed. If we were to sneak in and sign him, I would have been happy irrespective of how it affected them, if it DOES affect them badly, that would simply make it all the sweeter.

Another point most are missing is i would imagine it will take weeks for him to get to a decent fitness level and not certain to get back to the player he once was.

So no matter who he signs for he could be under pressure if he has a poor start.

Are you 'Robin Hood'?

;)

Riordan is trouble. Always has been and always will be. You have to ask if he is so good then why couldn't he get a sniff at Celtic? The rumour is that he doesn't get on with Strachan and there was an incident at the training ground just after he joined. You're looking at a pretty serious incident for him to then be kept out of the team for so long and Celtic desperately trying to sell him for over a year now.

I think the sad fact is that Riordan will only ever score regularly for one team. Hibs. Because he will actually try a leg for them, anyone else is just a wage to him.

Has Riordan EVER been reported as being disruptive at any club he has been at ?

Have the reasons for Riordan never getting a chance at Celtic ever been explained by Riordan, Strachan or anyone else ?

So why assume its his fault ?

Riordan will score goals for ANYONE in the SPL. He scored for Hibs and he scored for Celtic when he came on. I'd much rather he was doing it for us than for Hibs. To say he would ony be able to do it for Hibs is complete and utter tosh.

He'd be Hearts most prolific striker since Robbo. Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Another point most are missing is i would imagine it will take weeks for him to get to a decent fitness level and not certain to get back to the player he once was.

So no matter who he signs for he could be under pressure if he has a poor start.

He's fit

Archived