Miko - what's the score?

cosanostra

Stewart MacD

Miko for God.

He's going to be tired, with the number of people on here who want to have his babies.

TyphoonJambo
Stan, Stanley, ******, Whatever you call yourself, get a grip, you are unworthy of even being on this site, go away. erse

Mate, think that was Steely, metally or was it IRONY!!!

Gav Aitchison

And to think York Hearts got dogs abuse on here when we made him our Player of the Year last year?! Ever since then he's been getting better and better! :)

the thing is look at it IT WASN'T A DIVE in the first place, the t**t of a defender left his leg out.

i have said that a million times!!!!!!!! only foreign thing miko did was jump over it if he had walked through the lunging leg it would have been stonewall and and that fud fletcher could possable have been injured .

miko done him a favour jumping the leg (tin hat on as tartan army approach)

And to think York Hearts got dogs abuse on here when we made him our Player of the Year last year?! Ever since then he's been getting better and better! :)

he he gulty as charged dont think i gave any abuse but i deffo thought you were of your heads at the time

monkfish1979
Miko 1 Hamilton fans 0.

Word. He seems to be becoming a real Hearts man. Quality way to stick up for himself.

Thought we were crying out for his energy on the pitch yesterday. Poor performances from Kingston and Obua and I guess that Miko would have been better.

About time he started getting a few more plaudits IMO, he is still relatively young and is only now adjusting completely to the Scottish way of life and tempo in the SPL. Still needs to calm it down at times as we suffer when he gets sent off for stupid challenges etc

jamboinglasgow

Think the turning point for him was the dive against Scotland. Though it was disgraceful what he did, the extent of the bile thrown at him by the media and fans from other teams (I shudder to think what would happen if we had not won that game) made hearts fans support him more as we felt he had been harshly treated.

I think since then his confidence went through the roof, something which had been a problem since burley left him out of his teams. I think he has developed and Csaba will help him grow further.

Also anyone think we could play a 4-3-3 with driver and Miko up front, though slightly back from the central striker.

The steward was giving the 'come ahead' arms to a couple of guys in the crowd.

What a fecking ramjet.

I was the daft grown man trying to get the photo with my arm round Nade at the end and also the person the Steward wanted a scrap with, he was a total bell end and it was funny whe he got 20 guys giving him the w***** sign!! Haha! Think the stewarts were embarrased by the guys actions!

Still never got the photo with Nade, had a chance at half time but the lad who I handed the phone to couldn't work it! Lol

Brilliant antics from Miko, I'm becoming more of a fan of his by the day. :biggrin:

I think the turning point for everything was the Scotland incident, he had real dignity throughout that whole sorry saga and I think it did him the power of good in a weird way. He developed a much better attitude and found that grit he had been lacking previously. The fans responded well and of course, we don't like to hear anyone giving stick to our players so that was that...even the doubters got behind him and look where we are now? He's a jambo to the core and becoming a better player all the time.

I can't remember which game it was last season, but we were having a stinker and he came on to boos from the away fans...and for the first time, maybe ever...the Jambos starting chanting his name to drown them out. He just turned and looked up to the stand in awe and blushed even more than he does normally...Berra wandered over, said something in his ear and patted him on the back and the other players were watching and smiling. It was clear that it meant the world to him. It was all quite emotional....aww..

If he keeps playing the way he has been, he'll get even more of that. Loving the Miko. :)

I was astonished that the Miko lecture from the toss pot polisman was not turned into the story of the day in the tabloids. Saw one wee picture of it and not even a story to go with it.

Think he was lucky that today was OF derby as it probably would have. Hamilton? jeez they must have more windgers per capita than anywhere else in Scotland (maybe no Falkirk?) from the copper to the steward to the guy who gave it out but couldna take it.

Result for us though. We win, the steward gets told off by his supervisor and sent away and the guy who complained to the polis about miko got ejected for doing the "come ahead" stance. brilliant it was like going back to the 70s

As for Miko I think he has contributed a fair amount to the cause but does suffer from inconsistancy. He along with the other Liths have suffered due to the Vlad backlash. Velicka, Zaliukas, Miko, Chesny, audrey and now hopefully Kello have all been successes to differing degrees and all came via Kaunas. I would guess most clubs outside the OF would take them (in Velickas case they have) so they are not the flops some would have us believe.

one wee thing the steward was quite burly and I think it was the person who took the picture that requested the Stewards removal as didnt have wide lense and couldnt get both him and Nade in :)

I think the police see it as a crowd of people giving 1 player stick... all that can happen is 1 player gets upset.

But, a player giving a crowd of people stick... could end up pretty messy.

So the police have probably just said to miko... don't do that... we could have a mass brawl on our hands

I know what you mean though. why can several thousand people give one man abuse then when he responds in any way theyre all outraged and want the police involved. Its crazy.

Hamilton?

My arse.

pupstersajambo

Stanley, Apologies, was very very drunk last night and ability to recognise sarcasm had been removed!!

Miko's the man!!!!!

:)

Wish we had more players with his heart

miko is only hated at home when we are loosin or he makes a bad pass or somthing but away from home everyone loves him and thats how it should be, boot out the boo boys! i used to give him stick myself but after hamilton yesterday hes a hero now!

HE DIVES IN THE BOX COZ HE HATES THE JOCKS WALKING IN A MIKO WONDERLAND !

I saw a picture in the Sunday papers today of Miko 'chatting' with a policeman at the game.

I thought for a moment it could have been a certain Andy Davies (it was hard to tell with the hat on) but I guess it must have been this incident which was pictured.

King of the North

I love Miko.

He's had to put up with a lot - Davisgate, the media witch hunt following his dive, and lets not forget he's been through the whole VR rollercoaster and taken the slings and arrows all along the way.

My favourite Miko moment was his tackle on Ivan Sproule in the semi, which led the wee ned to throw his toys out the pram and stamp on Mikos back. Its not the first time I have seen Miko chase a seemingly lost cause and put in a slightly wild tackle, nor the last.

Miko for Prime minister. Chesney still has a cooler haircut though. My two favourite liths by a country mile.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
miko is only hated at home when we are loosin or he makes a bad pass or somthing but away from home everyone loves him and thats how it should be, boot out the boo boys! i used to give him stick myself but after hamilton yesterday hes a hero now!

HE DIVES IN THE BOX COZ HE HATES THE JOCKS WALKING IN A MIKO WONDERLAND !

Brilliant.

Defo reached "cult hero" status and has never lacked committment and desire when playing for the JT's.

I look forward to him receiving a testimonial! The first overseas Hearts player to get one?

was doing the miko chanting with the rest of you all day and really enjoyed the miko show and think he is not to bad a player :) but in the brutal cold light of day due to the racist refereeing in this country he is a liability to hearts fc

Personally I think this is a really daft notion - that Miko is a liability to the club. The mistreatment of Miko by the opposition fans, SFA etc unites the Hearts support. How many more times can the refs get anyway with the sendings off and bookings for being fouled?

Miko's attitude is excellent and at times you forget how young he still is.

Most players rely on confidence but Miko seems to need it more so than most. He was our best player by a mile in midweek and was unlucky not to be playing yesterday.

JAMBOJAMBOJAMBO
em...yes actually.

The more other fans hate on him, the more the Hearts fans get behind him.

If you went to Hearts games you would see that.

My god...getting involved?!? He should be getting his head down and working hard whilst showing professionalism. What a fool!!

Did no one notice him getting told off just inside the tunnel from a policeman aswell? Just after he'd been told off by the first one...very unfair.

Also, was getting slagged by some guys behind me in the queue for a pie because Miko's my favourite player and has been since last October. Bet those 3 love him now.

1st it was the fans, then it was the refs and now it the police picking on miko.lol.

Was listning to the game on the radio, when the comentator was talking about it, it sounded like he had stuck the V's up at the hamilton fans when they were giving him abuse.. Absolute joke that he gets a telling off for nowt while they used tampons in the hamilton end got away with giving his jip..

I was astonished that the Miko lecture from the toss pot polisman was not turned into the story of the day in the tabloids. Saw one wee picture of it and not even a story to go with it.

Think he was lucky that today was OF derby as it probably would have. Hamilton? jeez they must have more windgers per capita than anywhere else in Scotland (maybe no Falkirk?) from the copper to the steward to the guy who gave it out but couldna take it.

Result for us though. We win, the steward gets told off by his supervisor and sent away and the guy who complained to the polis about miko got ejected for doing the "come ahead" stance. brilliant it was like going back to the 70s

As for Miko I think he has contributed a fair amount to the cause but does suffer from inconsistancy. He along with the other Liths have suffered due to the Vlad backlash. Velicka, Zaliukas, Miko, Chesny, audrey and now hopefully Kello have all been successes to differing degrees and all came via Kaunas. I would guess most clubs outside the OF would take them (in Velickas case they have) so they are not the flops some would have us believe.

You'd have thought the tabloids would have made more of it. However I was reading the Sunday Times yesterday and they had a paragraph in near the end along the lines of 'Mikoliunas indulged in more disgraceful behaviour yesterday, having an altercation with a fan' or some other drivel. So somebody noticed!

I've criticised Miko in the past, primarily due to him not working as hard as we know he can, or as much as he should. He also suffered from being picked all the time when his form didn't justify it - he should've been made to work his way back into the team. This led to a perception that he was a Vlad 'favourite' and subsequently saw him get loads of unecessary abuse. However pre-Davis and in the latter part of last season, he's shown us what he's capable of. And I like him more now that he winds all oppostion fans up!

Archived