Just being reported on BBC Scotland

Praha06

When was the last transfer window that we weren't linked with either Riordan or O'Connor?

He'll never end up at Tynie and I seriously doubt Hibs could afford his wage.

I reckon he'll go down south.

I can't see him going down south. I reckon he'll only go to a club in Edinburgh or somewhere close enough so that he can easily get back there when he wants.

He turned down a move to Cardiff when he was at Hibs. He doesn't want to leave to England.

1631: "I've been told that Derek Riordan will not be going to Hearts and it is looking very, very positive for Hibs."

BBC Radio Scotland commentator Paul Mitchell at Easter Road.

By the same token your mentality is so weak that you'd consider walking away if we signed him.

Pathetic really.

What I find pathetic is your eagerness to accept the wee ned (a proven racist) considering your stance on bigotry/sectarianism. Rather contradictory when you think about it. Why is that?

100% agree with these comments. Would have to seriously think about going to Tynie if he signs! (and i was in favour of us signing G O'Connor when that was rumoured, so it's not just an ex-hibee thing).

Those in favour of signing him seem to think he's got the mentality to deal with such a move, I DOUBT IT!

Dude, given the fact that he's splimtered his arse for so long on the smeltic bench, I think he'll be desperate to prove himself, and if Hearts are the team that offer the best package, he'll score goals for us. At least we have 5 goalkeepers that have a fair to middling chance of keeping the ball out, where Hibs have none L(

I feel we are being used here -- Hearts do not want to have the story that he has chosen Hibs make them look like a second choice and are reluctant to put a final and official bid in only to have Petrie in his desperation match it and have Riordan chose Hibs making the story one of a slap in the face for Romanov and Hearts especially when it is your city rivals competing with you.

From friend at Easter road in corporate today it seems that Hibs have a meeting on tonight to finally come to an agreement with the player and his agent -- seems they will spend money in permanent deal. Only if they cannot match wages will their be a problem

PS this will be more certain after the natives in the stands gave Petrie dogs abuse at the final whistle.

Dude, given the fact that he's splimtered his arse for so long on the smeltic bench, I think he'll be desperate to prove himself, and if Hearts are the team that offer the best package, he'll score goals for us. At least we have 5 goalkeepers that have a fair to middling chance of keeping the ball out, where Hibs have none L(

If he chooses us over them cause were paying more money then i'd be even more worried. Thought we wanted players to play for the jersey!

Geoff Kilpatrick
I feel we are being used here -- Hearts do not want to have the story that he has chosen Hibs make them look like a second choice and are reluctant to put a final and official bid in only to have Petrie in his desperation match it and have Riordan chose Hibs making the story one of a slap in the face for Romanov and Hearts especially when it is your city rivals competing with you.

From friend at Easter road in corporate today it seems that Hibs have a meeting on tonight to finally come to an agreement with the player and his agent -- seems they will spend money in permanent deal. Only if they cannot match wages will their be a problem

PS this will be more certain after the natives in the stands gave Petrie dogs abuse at the final whistle.

I agree Hearts are being used - by Septic - to force the hand of h**s and make them sign him. The vermin would be out with the pitchforks and torches if Ratboy signed for us.

If he chooses us over them cause were paying more money then i'd be even more worried. Thought we wanted players to play for the jersey!

MAte I wouldn't. No matter what evryones feelings on here he's still a professional footbaler and he has to score goals for whoever pays his wages. And after so long on the smeltic bench where his once bright career has been put on hold, if he came to us simply for the money I'd still be convinced that he'd have enough pride to prove that the last 2 years of his career have been an aberration

I agree Hearts are being used - by Septic - to force the hand of h**s and make them sign him. The vermin would be out with the pitchforks and torches if Ratboy signed for us.

A huge reason for us to sign him!

I think we will see him paraded in a Hibs top on Monday/Tuesday. That will disappoint me for two reasons. He would be a fantastic signing for us and we could really do with a striker that is capable of 20+ goals a season. For that reasons, it would be bad if Hibs sign him.

The thing is there has been no concrete evidence of Hearts having any interest in Riordan.Even his agent says that only Hibs have had an interest in him the only people stirring this is the media.

I'd take him, but we should make the wee scrote take a shower before we let him in the changing rooms.

lg_shower.jpg

Anyway, can't see it happening unless Hearts make him an offer he can't refuse... and whilst I'd take him, I wouldn't want to break the bank on him.

I don't think we'll look 'bad' if this doesn't come off (like I'd give a fuct anyway) -- if he doesn't come to us, it's hardly like we'd expected him to choose us over Hibs. And if we get him, we get a proven 15+ goals a season player... and it'll make the Lochend Tramps cry.

Well if you want to speak to him guys he is in the Gunner just now

Sums him up. Some folk would have you believe he's a professional!

Dagger Is Back

I personally think he's a great talent and would love to see him score a load of goals for us.

Unfortunately the baggage is just too heavy. We've had our share of unprofessional professionals in recent times - we don't need another. The boy will end up in the nick or fade away to obscurity partly because of his lifestyle and the other because he chose to one of the great unwashed.

Because he has a pint with his friends on a Saturday night? If that is an issue, you will see a fair bunch of Hearts players out tonight, I assume they will also lack professionalism?

Is he not allowed to visit his auntie who actually runs the place. :rolleyes:

I'm sure the majority of the Hearts boys will be in the boozers on George Street later....

this will show what Riordan is really like!

If he signs for us he's only interested in the money!

If he signs for the hobo's its cause he wants to play and doesnt mind dropping down to crap wages and can maybe move on againg in a year or 2!

i dont want him here no matter how many goals he'd score! he's a bad apple plain and simple!

Given Vlads paranoia ? with scottish players who favour other teams, Hartley/Celtic for instance I cannot see Riordan being allowed to sign for us. Personally I would sign him, a-hole, or not he is a proven striker and could play with Tallburg.

Sign him for even 10 goals a season, more than most of our strikers have scored in last few years.

Given Vlads paranoia ? with scottish players who favour other teams, Hartley/Celtic for instance I cannot see Riordan being allowed to sign for us. Personally I would sign him, a-hole, or not he is a proven striker and could play with Tallburg.

Sign him for even 10 goals a season, more than most of our strikers have scored in last few years.

Personally I think its slight propaganda.

eg we look at SPL players but it is difficult / impossible to get them. They are too expensive etc etc

Riordan is just using us to get a better wage from Hibs, that is the end of it. He wants to squeeze as much cash from Petrie as he can. He still has a sulk on about the cash Hibs paid him last time.

Having said that, the way he left Hibs, (agreeing to contract signing timing to ensure that Hibs got absolutely nothing) was ugly.

Looked a great player 3 years ago, if a little immature. Seems even more immature now, (why won't he leave the central belt?), just think he's an accident waiting to happen wherever he goes.

Hearts should offer more money than Hibs, just to push the fee up. Celtic have that extra year option, so they'd have to match it. This will take money from Hibs, and also Riordan's pocket, which is the best we can hope for here.

Archived