Celtic reported to the SPL

Praha06

Dundee United have reported Celtic to the Scottish Premier League alleging late payment of ticket monies for the match at Tannadice on Sunday 17 August.

United say they are owed in the region of ?85,000 for tickets sold by the Glasgow club for the game in Dundee.

League rules state that payment must be made within 10 days of the match.

The complaint comes in the wake of Celtic imposing a 5% handling charge for tickets sold by them to the Glasgow club's fans for away games.

Dundee Utd Report Celtic To SPL

Love it. Lets see what the GFA do about it.

Got to like DUtd at the mo, Levein always stands up to the auld **** and looks like Thomson is now too (tho i think they accepted the 5% thing did they?)

Guest JamboRobbo

And to think some said Utd were cosying up to Celtic, or laying down to them.

As expected, Utd weren't lying down, but were playing a clever game, giving Celtic enough rope to hang themselves.

And to think some said Utd were cosying up to Celtic, or laying down to them.

As expected, Utd weren't lying down, but were playing a clever game, giving Celtic enough rope to hang themselves.

Nope, they danced to the Celtic tune with regards to the 5%. So now as well as giving away 5%, they are also being made to wait by their masters. They acted weak(lay down to Celtic) and are being treated that way by Celtic.

I wonder if Falkirk have had no trouble getting there money from Rangers................doh, thats right, they got the money direct from the Rangers fans(probably made an extra 5% by not having to wait 30days or whatever in getting the money from Rangers) at time of ticket purchase.

Well done to Utd for reporting them for non-payment though.

I'm confused.

Are they reporting celtic for the 5% they took from the ticket sales? If so, thats a clever way to go.

Or is it just that the money due (minus the 5%) is late?

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm confused.

Are they reporting celtic for the 5% they took from the ticket sales? If so, thats a clever way to go.

Or is it just that the money due (minus the 5%) is late?

I thought they were reporting them for the 5%. If they aren't, I take back what I said. Reading it back it's maybe not as clear as I thought.

I thought they were reporting them for the 5%. If they aren't, I take back what I said. Reading it back it's maybe not as clear as I thought.

Likewise, i would take back what i have said if they are reporting them for the 5%. From what i can gather though, it is for late payment only though.

'

"United say they are owed in the region of ?85,000 for tickets sold by the Glasgow club for the game in Dundee." (Taken from link in OP.)

I don't think ?85,000 is the 5%.

ToadKiller Dog

I would imagine ?85,000 approx would be the total due in sales tickets if it was 5% there would have to have been some amount of old firm there say ?25v ahead 3,500 smellies ?87500,

Guest JamboRobbo
Likewise, i would take back what i have said if they are reporting them for the 5%. From what i can gather though, it is for late payment only though.

'

"United say they are owed in the region of ?85,000 for tickets sold by the Glasgow club for the game in Dundee." (Taken from link in OP.)

I don't think ?85,000 is the 5%.

But it could include the 5%. Time will tell on this. Just seems a bit of a coincidence that they're reporting Celtic over ticket money for the first game.....

?85,000 is way above 5% of anything and would more likely equate to about

3000-4000 tckets.

I gave DUFC pelters early doors myself, but once it was announced the'yd had a meeting with some other SPL sides ( AFC being one I imagine ) I felt confident they would do something a bit smart at a later date :)

Nope, they danced to the Celtic tune with regards to the 5%. So now as well as giving away 5%, they are also being made to wait by their masters. They acted weak(lay down to Celtic) and are being treated that way by Celtic.

I wonder if Falkirk have had no trouble getting there money from Rangers................doh, thats right, they got the money direct from the Rangers fans(probably made an extra 5% by not having to wait 30days or whatever in getting the money from Rangers) at time of ticket purchase.

Well done to Utd for reporting them for non-payment though.

I'm sure the offical statement on their site said they weren't happy and were agreeing to it as a 1 off because it was too short notice for them to organise selling the tickets themselves.

ToadKiller Dog
I'm sure the offical statement on their site said they weren't happy and were agreeing to it as a 1 off because it was too short notice for them to organise selling the tickets themselves.

yet falkirk managed to do it.our game at tannadice is all cash gate now that will be fun if we are still winning games.

Archived