Samsung Omnia

Guest GhostHunter

The Wicker Man
O2 were updating their online shop last night and i thought they might have put the Omnia on it, but they haven't

Do you think they will ever have it?

I wouldn't hold your breath - they are trying to recoup on the iPhone.

What you can do is ask them to put you on a simplicity tariff for the next month or so - on the premice that you will be able to upgrade once ( if ) they ever have the phone in stock.

I don't know what monthly contract you are on - but give

http://www.e2save.com - a call and ask them about the Omnia on an upgrade O2 contract.

It won't be free on a ?35 O2 upgrade - more likely ?100 - I was looking at the Samsung i8510 but that's ?139.99.

If you take out a new o2 contract you will get the phone cheaper - the upgrade charge on the hansets are set by O2.

If you opt to pay ?35 and above on an O2 upgrade you can get a free bolt on as part of the deal - if you plan to do a lot of webstuff on the phone - get the free internet bolt-on.

I have now changed tact completely.

Torn between getting the Samsung Omnia (despite my reservations about Samsung the feedback on here has been positive) and the Nokia N95 8gb!

Really dont know which way to go.

Both will cost the same amount of money (free) and both available on an improvement of my current contract for less money!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Clark Griswold

Torn between getting the Samsung Omnia (despite my reservations about Samsung the feedback on here has been positive) and the Nokia N95 8gb!

Both will cost the same amount of money (free) and both available on an improvement of my current contract for less money!

Just ditched the n95 because it was crap and went back to my old phone. For a start, I had to charge it once, sometimes twice a day and i didnt even use the phone that much. If you end it getting the n95, good luck!

The Wicker Man

Carphone Warehouse will do an o2 upgrade to an Omnia

?45 tariff for the phone free or ?35 tariff + ?140 for the phone.

If you didn't need all the minutes on the ?45 tariff - you could downgrade the contract after 9 months.

They have limited stock - but their shop at the East end of Princes St had one in today.

marshallschunkychicken

Omnia p***es on the N95 from a great height. :thumb:

Oooooh what a lump of plastic!

Drone.

Are any of you regular visitors to Starbucks?

Yes, why? Should I go elsewhere? Should I walk out the college grounds to find the nearest coffee place just because Maxi thinks I'm a drone?

;)

Patrick Bateman
Yes, why? Should I go elsewhere? Should I walk out the college grounds to find the nearest coffee place just because Maxi thinks I'm a drone?

;)

My phone is a piece of post-modern art, it expresses the solemnity of the self when placed in a social context. Its also fairtrade, organic and bio-degradable.

I can walk on water, btw.

My phone is a piece of post-modern art, it expresses the solemnity of the self when placed in a social context. Its also fairtrade, organic and bio-degradable.

I can walk on water, btw.

;)

It might be hard to find one since they've bought out most places to make it easier for them to mug suckers for their cash. Can't believe people will pay over 3 quid for a cup of burnt coffee that only costs about 5p to make. A drone and his/her money are soon parted. These feckers even deny starving Ethiopian farmers the chance to make a decent living!

Now away and w@nk over your phone ;)

Clark Griswold

did any1 else manage to get their hands on an omnia?

Was lookin on youtube for reviews, most say better than iphone. Goin up to O2 shop tomorrow to lay down the smack and tell them i want to omnia or im taking my contract elosewhere :eek:

Guest GhostHunter
did any1 else manage to get their hands on an omnia?

Was lookin on youtube for reviews, most say better than iphone. Goin up to O2 shop tomorrow to lay down the smack and tell them i want to omnia or im taking my contract elosewhere :eek:

I put Igo8 sat nav software on it on Friday as I was driving doon saff, and having that on the phone is amazing...

Walter Payton
Boo-hoo. Don't cream yer jockeys. It's only a ****ing phone.

You don't understand Nelly, an Omnia will cream your jockeys for you.

marshallschunkychicken
I put Igo8 sat nav software on it on Friday as I was driving doon saff, and having that on the phone is amazing...

Where'd you get the software from, Dex....? :laugh:

I use the tomtom myself. Really handy, especially if you're drunk in an unfamiliar city (not driving, obviously...)

Clark Griswold

Well lads, was up at my o2 store today looking to upgrade my mobile phone to the Samsung Omnia. o2 dont have them yet so they gave me a reduced contract until they get it in. Thought that was pretty good. Im now on 800 mins and unlimited texts for $20 per month till it arrives.

I really hope they get the omnia in soon tho, really looking forward to owning one.

The Wicker Man

Tony - go to one of the Carphone Warehouse shops ( Princes St is your best bet for stock ).

They will upgrade you on your o2 contract with no hassle - the phone is free on a ?45 a month contract, but ?140 on a ?35 tariff.

They had them in the shops last week.

Archived