Airdrie highlights

Ryan Gosling

heartsfc_fan

..the sitter from Stewart...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Commander Harris

indeed. Stewarts miss was incredible!

also, looks like their shot/goal crossed the line.

indeed. Stewarts miss was incredible!

also, looks like their shot/goal crossed the line.

I thought it had at the time, but I kept quiet about it...just in case I alerted the ref to the fact... :biggrin:

Nevertheless, how DID we lose that? Humph.

Just watched.

How the **** did we lose that?

:eek:

Glad you said that mate!...some people think lossing that game was because airdrie were better....or we were ****e... now all can see that it is so obvious...we just need a decent striker!

Now everyone can calm down and get back to enjoying our progress we have enjoyed under shabba.

Big mike and another striker before the window shuts...and we will be fine imo.

Just watched.

How the **** did we lose that?

:eek:

We didn't create a single chance until the second period of extra time, when they were down to ten men.

Can't remember a shot on target before extra time.

Playing one up front against a team from the first division, with a guy that isn't a natural finisher or target man is half the problem.

Mole, Miko, Stewart, Wallace, and Obua need to have a good look at themselves.

Things got better when we started using Chesney and he delivered far better balls into the box, only for them to be missed by hapless players who have no idea how to attack the ball. Nade should have been introduced earlier instead of Ksanevecius to give us more firepower.

I've said enough on the Wallace thread (and many previous Wallace threads over the past year) that he is just not good enough either at full back or midfield. He neither attacks nor defends, so we are effectively playing with a man down.

Mole is a slightly better version of Clum, but that is about all you can say. His first touch takes the ball about 10 yards back the way, so he has to chase it, and he doesn't get himself into scoring positions.

Stewart's passing was abysmal - frequently giving the ball away when under pressure and often giving it straight to Airdrie players when under no pressure.

Why Miko keeps getting a start in light of his frequent red cards and inept performances I'll never know. Chesney delivers a much better ball into the box and is better at taking his man on. Miko kept driving the low ball into the box, only for it to be blocked time and again - no variation, and was hiding for large periods.

Miko and Stewart were decent.

Yeah, I thought so too.

Miko's ball in could have been better but he did some pretty damn good work otherwise. I thought Stewart was very much a lynch pin player too....as he has been for the last few weeks. Sadly, controlling the pace on Wed night meant keeping it slow, midfield to defence....to keeper...to defence...to midfield....out wide....to defence...back to midfield...out wide again....fire it at their keeper...goal kick goes back to our defence...back to midfield...out wide...until you were close to poking your own eyes out in frustration....ARGH....

hearts_crazy
We didn't create a single chance until the second period of extra time, when they were down to ten men.

Can't remember a shot on target before extra time.

Playing one up front against a team from the first division, with a guy that isn't a natural finisher or target man is half the problem.

Mole, Miko, Stewart, Wallace, and Obua need to have a good look at themselves.

Things got better when we started using Chesney and he delivered far better balls into the box, only for them to be missed by hapless players who have no idea how to attack the ball. Nade should have been introduced earlier instead of Ksanevecius to give us more firepower.

I've said enough on the Wallace thread (and many previous Wallace threads over the past year) that he is just not good enough either at full back or midfield. He neither attacks nor defends, so we are effectively playing with a man down.

Mole is a slightly better version of Clum, but that is about all you can say. His first touch takes the ball about 10 yards back the way, so he has to chase it, and he doesn't get himself into scoring positions.

Stewart's passing was abysmal - frequently giving the ball away when under pressure and often giving it straight to Airdrie players when under no pressure.

Why Miko keeps getting a start in light of his frequent red cards and inept performances I'll never know. Chesney delivers a much better ball into the box and is better at taking his man on. Miko kept driving the low ball into the box, only for it to be blocked time and again - no variation, and was hiding for large periods.

Agree with the bulk of this except the stuff about Miko, he was our best player on the night, but if you want to ignore that fact because you don't like the guy that's up to you.

I think the main reason we didn't win the game though was the way Airdrie defended, they didn't allow us to play, but if anyone thinks that this game should be used as a measure of how good or bad our team is then don't, cup games are entirely different to league games and it is highly unlikely that any other SPL side would play an 11 man defence against us this season. This is a blip.

We had a quite a few shots on target before extra time BTW. All lame, crap shots, but shots nonetheless.

Agree with the bulk of this except the stuff about Miko, he was our best player on the night, but if you want to ignore that fact because you don't like the guy that's up to you.

I think the main reason we didn't win the game though was the way Airdrie defended, they didn't allow us to play, but if anyone thinks that this game should be used as a measure of how good or bad our team is then don't, cup games are entirely different to league games and it is highly unlikely that any other SPL side would play an 11 man defence against us this season. This is a blip.

We had a quite a few shots on target before extra time BTW. All lame, crap shots, but shots nonetheless.

I don't have a major problem with Miko, but feel on the night he was ineffective compared to Chesney, when he was introduced. Miko's delivery into the box has to improve.

I agree that Airdrie defended well, which is their right, but we didn't do enough to break them down until extra time.

I just feel that we need strikers who can physically outmatch their defenders, show good movement and make runs to goalscoring positions. If we had that then perhaps it would be easier for Chesney/Miko to create chances.

However, taking that away, there are still a number of players in the team that are just not good enough to get us 3rd in the SPL.

Playing Karipidis in midfield instead of Palezeulos is madness, though.

Archived