How having children impacts your life

Seats

I'm sure we all know that having children impacts on your wallet and social life in a big way, but what other aspects of your life change after your kids are born? I'll start....

1. I now have to wash my hands about 20 times a day!

2. I can't sleep past 7 o'clock - even when given the opportunity!

3. My wife and I find ourselves speaking some weird childrens language for no obvious reason!

Over to you........... :)

Guest juvehearts

4. having to watch cbeebies when theyre not even in the house because its on the same channel 24/7

5. having the place in a constant mess with toys lying around everywhere.

6. having to be quiet & not have music playing when the bairn's having a kip.

7. sexlife out of the window

8. nappies, bins emptied every day, sometimes twice a day!

9. having to save to buy beer :( ...........................................

10. Feelings of intense love, pride and responsibility (in a good way)

11. The house is no longer our own, but stuff is really only fun if you share it anyway

12. I get to live out my failed dreams and aspirations vicariously through my children, "yes, you will play for Hearts one day son"

10. Feelings of intense love, pride and responsibility (in a good way)

11. The house is no longer our own, but stuff is really only fun if you share it anyway

12. I get to live out my failed dreams and aspirations vicariously through my children, "yes, you will play for Hearts one day son"

You're positivity is sickening doc! Are you not aware that this is a hearts forum? Since when was anyone allowed to post anything in the slightest bit optimistic on here? :rolleyes:

Maybe our lads will play in the same Hearts champions league winning team of 2028 together? ;)

13. Needing to go to bed by 9.30pm coz your Knackered watchin them from 5pm till 9pm while the wife works...Staying up till 10.30 counts as a late night!!

14. Spending an hour a day helping with homework, Never spent that long on my own homework :eek:

15. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Mannie, Harry and his bucket full of dinosaurs, Franny and her Feet,Johnny and the Sprites!!! :eek:....I WANT real telly!!

16. NAPPIES!! Why does he wait till his Mum goes to work before sheeitin??

I Love them though and wouldn't change them for the world!! :)

18. Driving to work singing along to teddy bears picnic cd, even although you dropped the kids off at nursery ten minutes ago!

19 - Shouting at them to go to sleep when they get up to all the carry on at night. Then when they are asleep, feeling guilty as **** for being hard on them.

20 - Listening to childless couples talking about being 'tired' and scratching your head wondering how people who get long lies & nights to themselves can be so 'tired'.

21 - Being plagued with worry about how they will 'turn out'.

21b - all the other good stuff previously mentioned that you wouldn't change for the world.

"Consider it all joy".

chester copperpot

22) Being able to sing a long to the nursery songs sang by annoying 30 something aged women on their breaks at your work.

The one's you used to hate (in your early 20's) for bringing screaming horrors into this world. And you find yourself having a bit *Banter with them.

*Banter, can be replaced with 'Nappy talk' 'schooling' etc etc. Not actual banter.

Doctor FinnBarr
22) Being able to sing a long to the nursery songs sang by annoying 30 something aged women on their breaks at your work.

The one's you used to hate (in your early 20's) for bringing screaming horrors into this world. And you find yourself having a bit *Banter with them.

*Banter, can be replaced with 'Nappy talk' 'pumping' etc etc. Not actual banter.

You dirty devil!

;)

chester copperpot
You dirty devil!

;)

Indeed, now find myself considering giving them some loving too, which is a major worry too. Wouldn't go near them in my 20's, now in my 30's starting to look more attractive as my standards lower. :eek:

Doctor FinnBarr
Indeed, now find myself considering giving them some loving too, which is a major worry too. Wouldn't go near them in my 20's, now in my 30's starting to look more attractive as my standards lower. :eek:

Mines were never high, even in my 20's!

:P

you get to live full time with noisy, cheeky, expensive ****ers that constantly remind you how old you are. Apart from that, it's great......

Archived