Zoom Airlines in bother

alex plode

They have grounded 2 planes and have financial difficulties.

Good Luck McGhee in getting your pay this month GIRUY

Bare in mind the people that will really suffer are the normal workers who have families and mortgages.

I personally take no pleasure from people possibly losing their jobs.

Chad Sexington
Bare in mind the people that will really suffer are the normal workers who have families and mortgages.

I personally take no pleasure from people possibly losing their jobs.

Good for you. :rolleyes:

What makes you think the OP was?

Who are Zoom Airliners?

Good for you. :rolleyes:

What makes you think the OP was?

Just the bit about Mcghee not getting his wages and giruy quote.

There is probably more chance of Mcghee getting his wages than the lowly workers imo.

Chad Sexington
Just the bit about Mcghee not getting his wages and giruy quote.

There is probably more chance of Mcghee getting his wages than the lowly workers imo.

Always sad when people lose their jobs but I wont shed any tears for McGhee.

I hope Well go into financial meltdown.

:)

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Maybe if John Boyle didnt pay for everyone to travel to the otherside of the world to see his wedding, and instead usd his monies to actually run his business properly, they wouldnt be in this mess. I wouldnt trust Boyle to run a fruit & veg stall never mind an airline or a football club. He STILL hasnt coughed up for the 14 players he threw on the scrap heap the first time his Motherwell venture went tits up.

It would appear the mans vanity and incompetence will effect several hard working people. He though will no doubt be back somewhere down the road with more hairbrained schemes. Tosser

Read where their 'plane was grounded in Calgary as the company from where they were leased has cancelled the lease. The refuelling company refused to do so until they settled a bill, and they are allegedly owing Calgary Airport $400,000. Passengers were transported to Vancouver by West Jet, but those waiting to go to U.K. were still waiting for alternative flights. Sounds like they may be out of business for good.

Can you imagine the hubbub if Romanov owned this airline.

I'm all for laughing at John Boyle, but this is peoples jobs we're talking about.

I've used Zoom a number of times to and from Canada with Zoom, and the flights were fantastic and crews brilliant. Far better than I have experienced with BA and Air Canada.

Boyle is an erse, but this was an innovative airline. Looks like for next year it's back to risking life and limb with Fly Globesham or getting shafted by the biggies.

Edit: official - Boyles love affair with administration continues...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7586654.stm

HELP - I am over in Canada right now, having flown over with Zoom, return flight is not until September 20th. Hope that they get something sorted out and fast!!

HELP - I am over in Canada right now, having flown over with Zoom, return flight is not until September 20th. Hope that they get something sorted out and fast!!

As long as you have travel insurance, you'll be fine come what may.

I'm making the assumption that John Boyle has something to do with Zoom Airlines ?

Article i read said it was a Hugh Boyle who refused to comment, so whats the score does any one know if John Boyle is involved in this ?

is it as bad as people going to loose their jobs and the company shutting down? im from canada but never used fly zoom however was going too the next time i went over for a trip cuz people raved about

cant see this affecting motherwell as the club must be getting run as a seperate buisness with its own cash flow, because its been in administration before it surely must be getting run as a seperate entitiy from his other interests(or maybe that makes too much sense)

OK, I don't why you think this effect Motherwell in anyway, since Zoom stopped being our main sponsor in 2006. They stopped sponsoring Motherwell at all at the end of last season (hence nothing on our Stands anymore)

Oh, and not to mention John Boyle is only a Director by name

Your local friendly neighbourhood Motherwell fan :)

Malinga the Swinga

Wouldn't want anyone to lose their job, but do wonder if we will see a BBC special about Boyle and people losing their pensions. After all, if it is good enough for Romanov.

Oh, and not to mention John Boyle is only a Director by name

There's no such thing as a "Director by name". He's either a Director - with all the legal and ethical responsibilities that come with it - or he's not.

Ok Director by name is the wrong way of putting it. He was the face of Zoom only, he made surethey got started (which worked well for while) but he has no interest in the Airline at all, sold his share a few years ok to his brother.

Again, I'm trying to think why fans of other clubs think this has any effect on Motherwell Football Club. Neither company are linked in anyway as of 1 June 2008?

This is dull. Have flights booked with them for October to Calgary. Not looking good for a refund!

That is a sucker punch. Did you pay by Credit Card?

looks theyve went under as of 6pm uct!!!

600 people to lose their jobs.

www.flyzoom.co.uk

Bummer...

I was only 4 days away from being stranded in Calgary with no flight home. That would have been a shame.

Nope. Debit card.

Hmm.. not sure on the stance there. Maybe time to speak to someone regarding your stance and rights. If it was Credit Card, you would automatically become a Creditor of ZOOM Airlines. Not sure about normal Debit Card

Rest assured Boyle will be covered as I assume Zoom are a limited company.

Company will just fold and whatever dosh he put in hell loose.

Sure Boyle has plenty personal wealth.

Feel sorry for the honest employee.

Hmm.. not sure on the stance there. Maybe time to speak to someone regarding your stance and rights. If it was Credit Card, you would automatically become a Creditor of ZOOM Airlines. Not sure about normal Debit Card

Just checking with my Bank but I fear the worst. I'm actually emigrating to Canada and was using Zoom to get there. There's more riding on this than a normal holiday.

J.T.F.Robertson
Bummer...

I was only 4 days away from being stranded in Calgary with no flight home. That would have been a shame.

My dad was booked with them, Calgary - Glasgow, for the 20th September. I've just phoned to let him know they've gone breasts up.

The same deal happened to him and I a few years ago when Canada 3000 went the way of the Dodo, only it wasn't our trip that was screwed up. We were bringing my sister and her two kids over that Christmas and a few days after we'd paid, they went into admin. We did eventually get most of the dosh back, but it was a year or two later.

P.S. If I'd known you were in Calgary, we could have got together for a pint.

P.P.S. I've just had a thought. This isn't Strattie's Blair, is it?

My dad was booked with them, Calgary - Glasgow, for the 20th September. I've just phoned to let him know they've gone breasts up.

The same deal happened to him and I a few years ago when Canada 3000 went the way of the Dodo, only it wasn't our trip that was screwed up. We were bringing my sister and her two kids over that Christmas and a few days after we'd paid, they went into admin. We did eventually get most of the dosh back, but it was a year or two later.

P.S. If I'd known you were in Calgary, we could have got together for a pint.

P.P.S. I've just had a thought. This isn't Strattie's Blair, is it?

That's bad news for your dad. Globespan have decent fares and a direct route to Glasgow, but I'm not going to lie, their service is far inferior to Zoom.

I'm afraid I'm not Stratties Blair - I'm very rarely there. Tend to drink in Ryries before games.

However, I do have family in Royal Oak and outside the city near the 1A just east of Cochrane. Visit most years so will take you up on your pint next time I'm over! Probably next Autumn - caught the Stampeders in BC last trip there, so am due a Flames game next trip!

J.T.F.Robertson
That's bad news for your dad. Globespan have decent fares and a direct route to Glasgow, but I'm not going to lie, their service is far inferior to Zoom.

I'm afraid I'm not Stratties Blair - I'm very rarely there. Tend to drink in Ryries before games.

However, I do have family in Royal Oak and outside the city near the 1A just east of Cochrane. Visit most years so will take you up on your pint next time I'm over! Probably next Autumn - caught the Stampeders in BC last trip there, so am due a Flames game next trip!

I only asked the "Blair" thing because there's a guy I know (I met him here) with that name, kicks around Stratties a fair bit and I just remembered that when I was home in June, he said he would be over in late August. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's Zoom he's (was) meant to be flying with.

Tell me about Globespan. :rolleyes: I was scheduled to fly with them into Glasgow a year past May. I gave up and went back to the hoose after spending 18 hours shuttling between Calgary International and the Sandman Hotel, off Barlow. I ended up getting a flight with Thomas Cook into Manchester, a couple of days later. I did use Gspan on the return right enough, but as you say, they're not a patch on Zoom. Assuming they ever actually get away, that is. :(

Just checking with my Bank but I fear the worst. I'm actually emigrating to Canada and was using Zoom to get there. There's more riding on this than a normal holiday.

Visa Debit is covered by the "Visa Scheme Rule". I've started the ball rolling by speaking to my Bank.

To be honest.. I'm no that bothered about the cash. I'm more concerned about getting another suitable flight.

coppercrutch
Visa Debit is covered by the "Visa Scheme Rule". I've started the ball rolling by speaking to my Bank.

To be honest.. I'm no that bothered about the cash. I'm more concerned about getting another suitable flight.

"We have been advised that British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are graciously offering special fares to assist Zoom customers that have been displaced by the suspension of our services"

Check the link earlier.

I only asked the "Blair" thing because there's a guy I know (I met him here) with that name, kicks around Stratties a fair bit and I just remembered that when I was home in June, he said he would be over in late August. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's Zoom he's (was) meant to be flying with.

Tell me about Globespan. :rolleyes: I was scheduled to fly with them into Glasgow a year past May. I gave up and went back to the hoose after spending 18 hours shuttling between Calgary International and the Sandman Hotel, off Barlow. I ended up getting a flight with Thomas Cook into Manchester, a couple of days later. I did use Gspan on the return right enough, but as you say, they're not a patch on Zoom. Assuming they ever actually get away, that is. :(

Small world - I hope my namesame and your old man get something else fixed up!

And I'll definitely give you a shout next time I'm over your way - can't have too few drinking buddies. Although I guess we won't be having a pint in the Sandman Hotel bar...

"We have been advised that British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are graciously offering special fares to assist Zoom customers that have been displaced by the suspension of our services"

Check the link earlier.

Apologies but which link is that?

We're also taking animals so its making things difficult. Need to fly from either Glasgow or Manchester. I've checked Air Transat and they don't do animals from the UK.

J.T.F.Robertson
Small world - I hope my namesame and your old man get something else fixed up!

And I'll definitely give you a shout next time I'm over your way - can't have too few drinking buddies. Although I guess we won't be having a pint in the Sandman Hotel bar...

Definitely not! ;)

This is my "spot". http://www.shipandanchor.com/homepage.html

I live only a 10 minute walk from it. (not far from the Saddledome, in fact) I work downtown, so it's a bit longer from there. (15 minutes :rolleyes:)

J.T.F.Robertson

We're also taking animals so its making things difficult. Need to fly from either Glasgow or Manchester. I've checked Air Transat and they don't do animals from the UK.

Thomas Cook do Manchester/Calgary. They are excellent, although I don't know about the pets thing.

coppercrutch

www.flyzoom.co.uk

Near the bottom of the statement.

I hope all the good folk who have flights booked with Zoom do not lose out financially, and I hope no good people who are made redundant through this get work fast.

As for Motherwell FC................I hope the bunch of scabs go into administration

This is pants. Get married on Saturday then honeymoon in Canada. Feckin zoom. Still, looks like Canadian Affair can sort me out and paid by CC, so should get cash back.

Ray Winstone

My mum, sister and 14 of her friends and their mums are heading to New York with Zoom in October.

Obviously not happening now and they are having to look for new flights - not knowing whether they will get their money back!

John Boyle should be banned from running any more companies.

Just listened to the Vancouver news. Lots of people stranded here, they are trying to get them on other flights, but the other airlines are already full, the reporter said that some will be lucky if the can get a flight by October.

The statement from Zoom was a joint statement from John and Hugh Boyle.l

shaun.lawson
Agreed. :)

Out of interest, apart from Heart of Midlothian FC, are there any SPL clubs you'd not wish to see in financial meltdown?

It therefore makes we wander further why people question Vlad and his finances saying they are shaky and Hearts are at risk from administration, when Boyle has led MOtherwell to administration already, and now Zoom.

Was there not more?

Guess The Crowd

Have we now discovered the real reason McGhee didn't board that plane?

Was it a Zoom flight?

Im flying to Canada tomorrow and was really close to booking up with zoom as have flown with them 3 or 4 times in the past. Luckily got a better deal with Dutch Airlines KLM so booked with them instead. Thank feck!!!

marshallschunkychicken
Out of interest, apart from Heart of Midlothian FC, are there any SPL clubs you'd not wish to see in financial meltdown?

Caley.

jambo in iraq
Ok Director by name is the wrong way of putting it. He was the face of Zoom only, he made surethey got started (which worked well for while) but he has no interest in the Airline at all, sold his share a few years ok to his brother.

Again, I'm trying to think why fans of other clubs think this has any effect on Motherwell Football Club. Neither company are linked in anyway as of 1 June 2008?

utter tosh!! the guy was as co-founder of the company with his brother Hugh. He has a large stake of his wealth tied up in the company and as a director and owner will be liable for the debts created by going into administration. The guy is a weasil, who will no doubt try to squirm away from payment like he did when Well nearly went to the wall an number of years ago. You defending him just because he's a motherwell man, is as laughable as some of the clowns on here defending the actions of our very own Romanov dynasty.

its about time that if you take one business into admin you should be banned from being a company director for many years. Incidently if ZOOM go bankrupt he will not be allowed to be a director of Motherwell for 10 yrs I believe!

utter tosh!! the guy was as co-founder of the company with his brother Hugh. He has a large stake of his wealth tied up in the company and as a director and owner will be liable for the debts created by going into administration.

Correct, but a wee bit more complicated. Although the brothers co-founded Zoom, Hugh took over the running of the Canadian based Zoom Airlines Inc while John ran the UK based Zoom Airlines Ltd. Both companies went into administration at the same time.

By now, the Boyles should have a dab hand on how the receivership process works.

Archived