time to scrap this diddy cup

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

ok we are out of the WEE cup and no-one likes getting beat at anytime from anybody be it a SPL or 1st division side but i feel its time to scrap this diddy cup , look at our attendance and the hobos and it proves fans are just not interested anymore.:cool:

heartsfc_fan

I looked at the crowds last night in the Carling cup:

West Ham - 10,000 (they normally get 35,000 every week!)

Blackburn - 8,000

Fulham - 7,000

Notts Forest v Sunderland - 9,000

Bit of a joke!

How many people who want the so called diddy cup scrapped would turn up to see Hearts parade the trophy should we win it?

Time for a reality check.

Hearts only real chance of silverware at the moment is in cup competitions.

That is of course if we can sign someone who can score goals.

maroonlegions
How many people who want the so called diddy cup scrapped would turn up to see Hearts parade the trophy should we win it?

Time for a reality check.

Hearts only real chance of silverware at the moment is in cup competitions.

That is of course if we can sign someone who can score goals.

the realty check is that how many glory hunters would turn up to watch us parade the wee cup.:rolleyes:

ok we are out of the WEE cup and no-one likes getting beat at anytime from anybody be it a SPL or 1st division side but i feel its time to scrap this diddy cup , look at our attendance and the hobos and it proves fans are just not interested anymore.:cool:

There are only 2 trophies Hearts can win. Get real.

Any club getting to the final can make around 1m, not money Hearts can turn there nose up at. Last night was a crap performance and there are no real excuses.

As has been alluded to it is one of only two chances per season we have at a trophy (unless we still had GB as manager!!!) so it must stay. Crap we were and we have to live with it.

It would be a totaly different story if we were still in it .

Francis Albert

Our record in this competition is as shameful in its way as Hibs in the big cup, especially given the OF lack of interest in it in recent decades. After winning it 4 times in 8 years (and 4 times in the first 17 years of its existence) we have gone 46 years without a win (or 47 the way we count Hibs' big cup performance). I can only think of one occasion in those 47 years when we even came close to winning it. I don't think we are in any position to call it a Diddy Cup.

Susie-Jambo-66
It would be a totaly different story if we were still in it .

Exactly.

Scotland has 3 trophies up for grab..........I want Hearts to win any of them............Even the diddy Cup.

It's not a diddy cup for the "wee teams" that have beaten spl over the past 2 nights.

Indeed, wee teams like Rath Rovers, Livie and Hibs have won the damned thing in the recent past ! Just proves that the other teams and the fans just don't care . . .

If they made it that you could only play Scots and Under 23's it might regenerate a bit of interest.

Its dying on its arse at the moment.

Give the team winning it a European place. Dropping the Euro qualification devalued the competition.

Archived