Csaba Laszlo:

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo:

"We played about 10 minutes against 10 men and had the chances, but we missed them.

"We are out. We must concentrate on the Scottish Cup and the league.:cool:

"The question wasn't about the penalties, but why we didn't win the game before.:rolleyes:

"The opponents' goalkeeper had a fantastic day. I think he saved his team in the normal game and after in the penalties. I can only congratulate him and we must accept this." ;)

well there we have it , why go with one up front in a cup game against a first division side a what about Ruben.:cool:

Billy the Jambo

"We played about 10 minutes against 10 men and had the chances, but we missed them.

"The question wasn't about the penalties, but why we didn't win the game before.:rolleyes:

"The opponents' goalkeeper had a fantastic day. I think he saved his team in the normal game and after in the penalties. I can only congratulate him and we must accept this." ;)

well there we have it , why go with one up front in a cup game against a first division side a what about Ruben.:cool:

I agree with you there why play 1 upfront against a 1st division side at home .In fact why play 1 up front against anyone at home Laszlos tactics were all wrong last night and now maybe he will realise that we need a decent striker in and not another fecking goalkeeper

Yeah Csaba knows exactly what's wrong with the side.

So why was he wittering on about reinforcing the defence rather than accepting that we desperately need a striker ? Beats me . . . :(

heartsfc_fan

If we had a decent finisher we'd have won last night. Remember that sitter Stewart missed? FFS!!!!!!!!! *rage*

Gow or Riordan to sign? Let's damn hope they do!

Yeah Csaba knows exactly what's wrong with the side.

So why was he wittering on about reinforcing the defence rather than accepting that we desperately need a striker ? Beats me . . . :(

Maybe he feels he has the striker in Tullberg, time will tell

I get the feeling we play 4-5-1 as we're not strong enough to be able to cope with the extra pressure on our defence and midfield by playing 4-4-2.

Packing the midfield seems like Laszlo's way of protecting the defence and keeping things stable; it ain't ideal, but people seem to forget that we have more or less the same squad that finished 8th last season, a defence that leaked like a seive and a midfield there was neither here nor there.

I get the feeling we play 4-5-1 as we're not strong enough to be able to cope with the extra pressure on our defence and midfield by playing 4-4-2.

Packing the midfield seems like Laszlo's way of protecting the defence and keeping things stable; it ain't ideal, but people seem to forget that we have more or less the same squad that finished 8th last season, a defence that leaked like a seive and a midfield there was neither here nor there.

and nothing has changed except we are passing sideways and back and still we are leaking goals and not scoring.

I think Csaba tried to bore Airdrie into submission :(

and nothing has changed except we are passing sideways and back and still we are leaking goals and not scoring.

I think Csaba tried to bore Airdrie into submission :(

Well i have seen us score 5 goals in two home games.

hands up, I didn't see the Motherwell game but on Saturday we got a hollywood goal from Jamie (these come along once every six months) and a penalty.

Sorry but that doesn't do it for me . .

Very true. And while 5 goals is great (and a damn sight more than we were watching over two games last season)...the frustrating thing is that it could have been so many more than that.

I think of the goals, but I also remember how many chances we've squandered or just completely missed...and it's a good number....

We so need a striker (or two). :sad:

hands up, I didn't see the Motherwell game but on Saturday we got a hollywood goal from Jamie (these come along once every six months) and a penalty.

Sorry but that doesn't do it for me . .

We lack a cutting edge that's for sure but we created loads of chances on Saturday.I can't comment on last nights game as i was not there but the two home games i have been at we have created loads of chances.Like everyone else i want a striker to start taking these chances.

If we had a decent finisher we'd have won last night. Remember that sitter Stewart missed? FFS!!!!!!!!! *rage*

Gow or Riordan to sign? Let's damn hope they do!

Gow is not a finisher. Check his goals record at Falkirk.

Riordan for Hearts, I doubt it.

Colonel Kurtz

We play 4 5 1 because the eejit who sits in the stand and has had a private party with a bottle of Grecian 2000 recently wants this formation.

Shabba wants 4 4 2

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

My biggest problem with last night was that for most of the game we did play 4-4-2 but one was Mole who, in all fairness, if he had 3 shots at John Lennon, he would still be singing today (Saturday being an obvious exception). And the other being Kingston who is not a striker. Nade isn't fit but looked more threatening when he came on.

No Driver last night meant no width. Mko and Chesney tried but you need one either side to stretch the opposition defence. Wallace and Jonnson defened well enough last night but neither overlapped down the wing meaning the game was forced inside where Airdrie had 5 midfielders. Obua started badly and got worse (seems to be one of these guys that has a vastly overinflated opinion of themselves), Mikey tried hard early doors but reverted back to last season by sulking when he demanded EVERY ball and didnt get it.

Only Karapidas Berra and Zaliukus (just!!) got pass marks. The keeper (again) wasnt tested enough to tell how good he was.

Csaba seems to talk a good game but everyone around where I was sitting last night could see what was missing.

Guest JamboRobbo
We play 4 5 1 because the eejit who sits in the stand and has had a private party with a bottle of Grecian 2000 recently wants this formation.

Shabba wants 4 4 2

If true, thats well out of order IMO.

Korobotchup should have NO input whatsoever - he has proven himself incompetent already.

Chad Sexington

Shabba wants 4 4 2

If that's true it would be entirely unacceptable.

How do you know this?

Rudolf's Mate

Shabba wants 4 4 2

If true then it's same old, same old, as we know who is really picking the team. Lets say for arguements sake the formation is down to what's his name and Shabba is picking the team. This is doomed to fail!

If we are resting our best on Tullberg then we are in big trouble!

peckhamjambo
I agree with you there why play 1 upfront against a 1st division side at home .In fact why play 1 up front against anyone at home Laszlos tactics were all wrong last night and now maybe he will realise that we need a decent striker in and not another fecking goalkeeper

Just a thought, but maybe the reason we are not playing 4-4-2 is because we currently don't have 2 strikers to play there? Tullberg is not fit, neither is Nade fully fit, nor Glen, Makela has been rubbish when tried, so it only leaves Mole. However, this wouldn't explain why he wouldn't switch to a 4-4-2 with Nade coming on and playing alongside Mole for a short period at the end of a game. I didn't see the game last night but I assume that this didn't happen?

My biggest problem with last night was that for most of the game we did play 4-4-2 but one was Mole who, in all fairness, if he had 3 shots at John Lennon, he would still be singing today (Saturday being an obvious exception). And the other being Kingston who is not a striker. Nade isn't fit but looked more threatening when he came on.

No Driver last night meant no width. Mko and Chesney tried but you need one either side to stretch the opposition defence. Wallace and Jonnson defened well enough last night but neither overlapped down the wing meaning the game was forced inside where Airdrie had 5 midfielders. Obua started badly and got worse (seems to be one of these guys that has a vastly overinflated opinion of themselves), Mikey tried hard early doors but reverted back to last season by sulking when he demanded EVERY ball and didnt get it.

Only Karapidas Berra and Zaliukus (just!!) got pass marks. The keeper (again) wasnt tested enough to tell how good he was.

Csaba seems to talk a good game but everyone around where I was sitting last night could see what was missing.

Have to agree with all here. Pretty insightful comments. I was surprised to see how much we pushed down the left flank, especially in the first half. Miko looked like the only threat to be honest, but wasn't fed enough.

The part about John lennon is a stormer TBH !!

I think we saw Lazlo getting it all wrong last night.

4-5-1 at home v Airdrie was a bad idea.

They just sat in and we didn't have a clue what to do about it.

Then there were the substitutions. Kingston and Miko going off were shocking decisions when Obua, Wallace and Karipidis were allowed to remain on the pitch. The serious lack of urgency, cutting edge and the ability hit a shot on target were obvious last night.

It's clear what he wants to do but we don't have the players to play like that. All we do is waste time by passing it between defenders and achieve nothing. To play like that we need full backs who are comfortable on the ball and have the ability to be incisive when needed - we don't have that.

We looked like a team who were not playing to our strengths as opposed to Airdrie who did exactly that.

We played like Hibs and it did not make good viewing. What's the point in having the ball in our own half for most of the game when we don't have players with enough ability to do something with it?

Rudolf's Mate
Just a thought, but maybe the reason we are not playing 4-4-2 is because we currently don't have 2 strikers to play there? Tullberg is not fit, neither is Nade fully fit, nor Glen, Makela has been rubbish when tried, so it only leaves Mole. However, this wouldn't explain why he wouldn't switch to a 4-4-2 with Nade coming on and playing alongside Mole for a short period at the end of a game. I didn't see the game last night but I assume that this didn't happen?

I could agree/understand however why did Shabba give an interview about Nade saying tonight (last night) was his night and blow his trumpet so much only to bring him on in extra time. He was also going on about how fit he was compared to when he took over and his speed!

Why did we keep with a back 4 last night against 1 striker?

4-5-1 can work (Man Utd v Pompey was a prime example) but you need runners off the ball - and there was hardly any of that last night. This made it very easy for the 10 Airdrie defenders to pick up Hearts players.

No urgency last night, no work ethic, no Hearts player prepared to take on a player and beat him. Was like watching last season all over again.

Archived