Get Behind Csaba

magicTs

This is the time for the support to get behind Csaba. In my opinion the anger and frustration of the last 2 years has been justified but whilst tonight's result was a shocker and should never have happened Casba is only just in the door and is only now probably realising what we could have told him several weeks ago. Namely that the squad has plenty weaknesses and is seriously lopsided and that despite a pretty decent start to the season things are not going to be turned around overnight.

The last thing we need is further turmoil and upheaval on the management and coaching side so he must be given time to mould the team and work out who fits where best. I'm confident from everything I have read and been told that this guy will get things right so let's not overreact at him trying things like Karipidis as the holding player, Jonsson at right back or Kingston in the 'hole'. It's clear that we are in far better hands than we have been for quite some time and that whilst we will undoubtably have the usual highs and lows (when has that not been the case at Hearts ?!) we are definitely going to be more competitive this season and show more consistency.

We need to remember back to last season (and the one before) and think about the lack of any structure or team spirit or personnel options and realise that changing all that is a big job and will take time. It's obvious to us all that we are seriously struggling up front and it will be obvious to Csaba as well (he's already identified the keeper, central defence and right back areas). We all hope that something can maybe be done by Monday night but he won't bring someone in just for the sake of it. It need sto be an improvement on what we have.

Let's put tonight's result down to a learning experience for Csaba and hope that he recognises what needs to happen and makes the necessary changes. There is plenty more football to play this season so lets not get on the new manager's back at such an early stage.

Commander Harris

I'm not a fan of this sort of reply usually but there's not much more I can add.

good post :)

Guest JamboRobbo

Agreed I think Csaba has done a lot in a short period so far, and hopefully he's learned a bit about his players, and about Scottish football tonight.

I think he needs to look at changing things when it's not quite working like tonight though. A second striker would be the obvious change.

I think he needs to look at changing things when it's not quite working like tonight though. A second striker would be the obvious change.

Don't disagree with that at all and indeed we were hoping Nade would be brought on at half time. That was a disappointment and you could argue cost us the game but it's clear Csaba either doesn't think he's ready or doesn't rate him.

Buffalo Bill

I back Csaba but I hope he learns from a few harsh lessons tonight.

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo
Don't disagree with that at all and indeed we were hoping Nade would be brought on at half time. That was a disappointment and you could argue cost us the game but it's clear Csaba either doesn't think he's ready or doesn't rate him.

Agreed. A bit strange IMO given his comments in the paper today about how hard Nade was working etc.

Chad Sexington

I think it will take more than tonight's game for fans to turn on Csaba.

He's built up a tremendous load of good will from the fans in his short time here thanks to his excellent communication and sound tactics.

However, I hope he does learn the lessons from tonight.

We should have played with 2 up front tonight.

Obua should have been hooked early in the 2nd half because he was stinking the joint up.

Eggert is not a RB.

All in my opinion of course.

Broxburn_Jambo

I agree we should get behind Lazlo but i thought tactically we were a mess tonight. A decent central midfielder playing at right back? Karipidis in the centre of midfield? Why not swap the 2 of them.

Kingston is not effective playing off a central striker and Obua's free role left us badly lacking width on the left.

Add to that the delays in putting on Nade and i though Lazlo had a poor day at the office.

wee eckyfump

I think Miko subbed might have cost us the game we lost our way a bit after he went off, I would have put chesney on for obue and Nade to replace kingston and gone 3 at the back with karipidas swapped with rubben and gone 2 upfront.

And pressed them on the flanks with nade and mole in the middle,and mikey stewart making runs into the box.

I think tonights performance / team selection through up more questions than answers which probably isn't what Csaba wanted but is further information for him to tuck away for the future.

jamboinglasgow

yup, its matches like this that will teach alot to Csaba. And I am 100% behind Csaba, I am prepared to give him at least a season as I know it is not going be quick to change all the things that need changing and yes there will be bad games like this but there will be good games as well. What has been obvious since he came in was how much of a mess we were in last season. Some things he can change quickly like morale and some take time, though he has changed playing style it still needs time to be perfected.

I like Csaba but he cost us the game tonight.

The formation from the start is not good enough against a first division team. Kingston was pretty much playing as a striker, which he isn't. He subs him for Ksanavicius (one of the most non-existent players I've ever seen play for us) when Kingston is always capable of doing something. Taking Miko off was a nonsense and leaving Obua on the pitch for the whole night was even worse.

If we'd played with two proper strikers upfront, we would have won easily. Why was Glen not even on the bench?

A lot of questions raised about Csaba tonight I'm afraid.

A lot of questions raised about Csaba tonight I'm afraid.

In his 4th competitive match ? I agree that some decisions were dubious but he is only getting to know certain players and clearly knows the fitness of specific players more than we do. Lets see how we bounce back on Saturday.

Cut The Crap

We were crying out for something to change the shape of the game, a inspired sub, a formation change, the two combined, anything.

We got nothing. Somewhat worrying.

In his 4th competitive match ? I agree that some decisions were dubious but he is only getting to know certain players and clearly knows the fitness of specific players more than we do. Lets see how we bounce back on Saturday.

He is still getting to know players but the formation from the start was far too negative and when the changes came, we were then hoping for a goal rather than expecting.

Saturday's match is huge and it will be interesting to see what the formation and personnel are.

Charlie-Brown

The formation was quite an attacking set up - with Karipidis in front of the back 4 leaves the other 5 players to enjoy attacking freedom but unfortunately they wasted some good build up play by taking the wrong option or over-complicating things every time - Mole's link up play was quite good most of the time but it's clear that if he plays then he is the 'Sandy Clark' player and we need a 'Robbo' beside him to be the predator and make the runs into the areas where strikers grab goals - for my money Gary Glen would be a good player to play off Mole (or Tullberg) however it would be a very young and inexperienced front pairing.....

The formation was quite an attacking set up - with Karipidis in front of the back 4 leaves the other 5 players to enjoy attacking freedom but unfortunately they wasted some good build up play by taking the wrong option or over-complicating things every time - Mole's link up play was quite good most of the time but it's clear that if he plays then he is the 'Sandy Clark' player and we need a 'Robbo' beside him to be the predator and make the runs into the areas where strikers grab goals - for my money Gary Glen would be a good player to play off Mole (or Tullberg) however it would be a very young and inexperienced front pairing.....

As sthings stand we have to play Driver on the left and either Miko or Chesney on the right to give the team a balance. Neither Obua or Kingston want to play wide and that is why they constantly come inside losing any width we might have. Whether we play one of them in the 'hole' or in a central midfield position is open to debate because as we all know we have barely got one striker worthy of a game (please let Tullberg be better than we have) nevermind two at once. Personally my team for Saturday (injuries and fitness permitting) would be :

Kello

Karipidis

Zaliukas

Berra

Wallace (because there is no one else)

Miko

Stewart

Jonsson

Driver

Nade (might last an hour)

Glen

I would drop both Obua and Kingston who both had shockers last night and go 4-4-2 for this particular game (both of them could be brought on if need be). Glen looked knackered by the end and other's should be given the chance to get into the six yard box.

But that wasnt what he suggested at the prematch press conference

I am behind Csaba

He could be a very good manager for us.

From what I have seen so far it is not HIM in the set up that is flawed.

He needs to be allowed to play his preferred formation, he needs to be allowed to play the players he wants in the team whether or not players suggest they might need to move on if they dont get games.

He needs to be allowed to see through what he wants, what he indicates are his preferences through his press conferences otherwise he will be exposed as somebody not with autonomy he suggests and will start to lose the confidence of the players

This is the time for the support to get behind Csaba. In my opinion the anger and frustration of the last 2 years has been justified but whilst tonight's result was a shocker and should never have happened Casba is only just in the door and is only now probably realising what we could have told him several weeks ago. Namely that the squad has plenty weaknesses and is seriously lopsided and that despite a pretty decent start to the season things are not going to be turned around overnight.

The last thing we need is further turmoil and upheaval on the management and coaching side so he must be given time to mould the team and work out who fits where best. I'm confident from everything I have read and been told that this guy will get things right so let's not overreact at him trying things like Karipidis as the holding player, Jonsson at right back or Kingston in the 'hole'. It's clear that we are in far better hands than we have been for quite some time and that whilst we will undoubtably have the usual highs and lows (when has that not been the case at Hearts ?!) we are definitely going to be more competitive this season and show more consistency.

We need to remember back to last season (and the one before) and think about the lack of any structure or team spirit or personnel options and realise that changing all that is a big job and will take time. It's obvious to us all that we are seriously struggling up front and it will be obvious to Csaba as well (he's already identified the keeper, central defence and right back areas). We all hope that something can maybe be done by Monday night but he won't bring someone in just for the sake of it. It need sto be an improvement on what we have.

Let's put tonight's result down to a learning experience for Csaba and hope that he recognises what needs to happen and makes the necessary changes. There is plenty more football to play this season so lets not get on the new manager's back at such an early stage.

I largely agree.

However, the experiment of playing Karipidis in midfield failed against Motherwell but has now been retained for four games. It was argued that Jonsson was off form and that was why he was dropped. If his form is not up to scratch, why did he play last night?

All four games we have THREATENED to score far more than we have managed to, that would be because we play with only one up front. Four games in, and he has still not learnt this.

I don't mind Laszlo making mistakes, I would simply like him to learn from them. What needs to be remembered is he has presided over four games, two defeats and two games where we scored late on to secure a win. Those two wins were against the footballing giants of Motherwell and St Mirren and were at home.

The time where we judge Laszlo by results is swiftly approaching, he needs to up his game.

But that wasnt what he suggested at the prematch press conference

I am behind Csaba

He could be a very good manager for us.

From what I have seen so far it is not HIM in the set up that is flawed.

He needs to be allowed to play his preferred formation, he needs to be allowed to play the players he wants in the team whether or not players suggest they might need to move on if they dont get games.

He needs to be allowed to see through what he wants, what he indicates are his preferences through his press conferences otherwise he will be exposed as somebody not with autonomy he suggests and will start to lose the confidence of the players

I'm not so sure. I think it's man management on his part to be talking up pretty much everyone at the moment as he simply hasn't had enough time to make decisions about his squad as a whole. I don't think he wants to be negative about anybody or dismiss an individuals chances until he is sure what he is working with. It's clear he has identified certain areas of the team (goalkeeper, right back) that he was immediately not convinced about and it is evident given his comments after 3 of the 4 matches so far that he knows we are very wasteful in the final 3rd. Whether he has the backing to sort this out by Monday is anyone's guess and Saturday's team selection is certainly going to be very interesting but let's stay patient at least for a few weeks !

He's built up a tremendous load of good will from the fans in his short time here thanks to his excellent communication and sound tactics.

Obua should have been hooked early in the 2nd half because he was stinking the joint up.

Eggert is not a RB.

So why are so many on here moaning about playing 4-5-1 ?

I'm willing to wait and see how things pan out after a few games but for my money we don't have anywhere near the quality required in too many postitions, the style of play makes it too easy for players to hide (too many players just passing the buck ) , the side lacks passion (St Midden was terrible) , Larry looks lost when playing up front , Kara (what is the point in him).

For people who say we lost a cup tie, get over it : fair comment if we actually had played well without getting the rub of the green, bad luck in front of goal etc ...but we don't even have that to fall back on.

I don't care whose choice it is to play 4-5-1 : I care about the fact that this style of play will not win us many games with the current personnel. Why are we playing a back 4 plus Kara in a holding role at home against a team with one striker. It smacks of a lack of confidence in the players IMO.

There is no passion in the team.

Let's start playing more directly sometimes.

Agree entirely mate. As embarrassing as last nights result was, it had to happen as a couple of half decent results have masked the glaring inadequacies still within the team. As long as it now highlights to Csaba what exactly is needing fixing and where then I can live with that, i.e., a fit striker must be high on the priority list and a re-evaluation on this 4-5-1 formation (which still sits a little uneasy with me for a couple of reasons)

From what I have read and seen of Csaba I still think we are a country mile from where we were this time last year, but make no mistake about it, we are still a long long way off where we should be. But I am far happier with Csaba there to guide the ship than I was with the imposters of last season.

Pride comes before a fall and all that but now it is about how well we go about picking ourselves up!

I largely agree.

However, the experiment of playing Karipidis in midfield failed against Motherwell but has now been retained for four games. It was argued that Jonsson was off form and that was why he was dropped. If his form is not up to scratch, why did he play last night?

All four games we have THREATENED to score far more than we have managed to, that would be because we play with only one up front. Four games in, and he has still not learnt this.

I don't mind Laszlo making mistakes, I would simply like him to learn from them. What needs to be remembered is he has presided over four games, two defeats and two games where we scored late on to secure a win. Those two wins were against the footballing giants of Motherwell and St Mirren and were at home.

The time where we judge Laszlo by results is swiftly approaching, he needs to up his game.

Yep, all fair points. It's time to ditch the 'Karipidis experiment' however I believe he should be in the side, whether at right back (my preferred option) or in place of Zaliukas.

The day he walked into Tynecastle any Hearts fan could have told Csaba that we are way short of the required quality up front. Tullberg is of course unproven but his record would suggest he is not going to be prolific and will be a provider rather than scorer, the question is who is he providing for because Mole and Nade are rarely ever seen in the danger area / six yard box.

I think the next 3 matches will tell us a lot about the expectation level for the season as all are winnable if we click but could result in defeat if we play like last night. Saturday's team news will be very interesting.

Surely no-one has turned against the coach on the basis of last night but also there may be less optimism than there was after the Motherwell game in terms of tactical adjustments. Most people would like to see more up front than one low scoring forward especially against 10 men St Mirren and Airdrie at home. My "jury" was out after the first game and still is. Wait and see after first quarter where we are, how his signings play etc.

Eggert is not a RB.

The truth is we don't know enough about the manager to tell if he is any good. We will find out in due course but we can only hope he is given a chance to do it his way and not Romanov's. That's far from clear at the moment.

I am 100% behind Shaba - IMO he is doing a fine job of getting the players motivated and playing in the right way - crisp passing, good ball retention. Things would be even better on the park if he was able to bring in 4 players of decent quality (AND I AM SURE HE IS AWARE OF THIS). No doubt he has some problems in dealing with VR, but he seems smart enough to "play the game" in a way that others have failed to do in the past. We are stuck with VR and we need a Shaba type to try to move things forward.

IMO:

RB Karipidis would do a good job at RB

LB Urgent! Wallace is not a defender IMO. Would like to see us go for Wallace of Sunderland (ex Celt)

CB Tough nut with some pace (Kenneth of D Utd)

Strikers Riordan (Hobo, but a quality striker) and crawl back to get Pinilla (who would excel in the way we are now playing)

Archived