Solitary positive IMO

Dazo

The performance of Chesny when he came on. Hungry for the ball, taking on players and making the keeper earn his wages. Maybe should have scored but I thought he was excellent.

Deserves a start against Hamilton.

The performance of Chesny when he came on. Hungry for the ball, taking on players and making the keeper earn his wages. Maybe should have scored but I thought he was excellent.

Agree, but I think there were positives from other players too. Miko, Zaliukas and Ksanavicius all look much better than they did last season too.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agree chesney was good tonight. Constant threat. Showed how easy it is to deliver a good ball into the box.

Also thought it helped that Eggert kept feeding him the ball early.. :P

I thought Kello did well.

Did he actually have a save to make ? Not a dig at the lad but i don't think he had a single thing to do for the 2nd game in a row.

Agree with the previous posters. In fact the positives all came from the Kaunas connection.

now you've done it... ;)

Ryan Gosling
Did he actually have a save to make ? Not a dig at the lad but i don't think he had a single thing to do for the 2nd game in a row.

He made 2 good saves in the first half and saved a penalty, caught everything aimed at him.

I think a goalie saving a penalty is worthy of a well done, no matter how bad the penalty.

I think you have to hand it to Airdrie tonight as they worked very hard, got 11 (or 10) behind the ball and looked organised. Kenny Black is a decent coach and got what he needed out of his players.

The alarming thing for me is we didnt look like we had enough quality to break them down and Kingston was especially poor. These are the sort of games where he should be showing his 15 grand a week of quality that marks the difference between average and class players. We were very poor in the final third tonight.

Despite some 'injuries' one of the great mysteries for me of the last couple of years has been the lack of game time Cesnauskis has been given. Everytime I see him it is obvious he has lots of potential, can run with the ball, commit defenders and get efforts on target yet he is never given a run. I actually though Miko was the best player for us before he came on and both of them look like new players under the new management. If Driver is out on Saturday I'd start the pair of them wide.

Chesney looked very dangerous when he came on

As for Kello, I was quite impressed. Dealt with everything very well. Had excellent distibution. Saved one pen, and also got very close to another couple, which were actually very well taken pens by Airdrie :mad:

Charlie-Brown

I like both Miko & Chesney and thought they were probably our 2 most effective attacking players v Airdrie - like most wingers though they are plagued by inconsistency - they can be sh|t hot one game and pi$$ poor the next - Driver is the same......

Billy the Jambo
I think you have to hand it to Airdrie tonight as they worked very hard, got 11 (or 10) behind the ball and looked organised. Kenny Black is a decent coach and got what he needed out of his players.

The alarming thing for me is we didnt look like we had enough quality to break them down and Kingston was especially poor. These are the sort of games where he should be showing his 15 grand a week of quality that marks the difference between average and class players. We were very poor in the final third tonight.

I agree with you Kenny Black got what he came for a draw and then penalties.Most of us who went to the game knew that so why couldnt Laszlo see that .Its all very well playing passing football but you have to do it with pace and an end product every ball that miko tried to put in the box never got past the first defender.Its about time the little diving waste of space was sent back to Kaunus i will even pay for a one way ticket for him

I felt that Eggert really grew into the RB position from the start of the 2nd half. Whether he was nervous in the 1st half or not sure where to push forward, from the start of the 2nd he was far more natural & influencial. Passed well, got forward (needs to work on crossing but who doesn't in our team!) & linked well with Chesney.

They were far more effective than the pair on the left.

Archived