What do you people want?

Acey

Plenty of eejits at the game tonight.

Being a Real Fan, I was there, and thought we passed the ball around very well. If you're playing with only one up front, you've got to be patient when it comes to waiting for an opening. Unfortunately, some non-real fans at the game tonight were getting on the team's back every time the ball wasn't lumped into the box.

Can we agree that the long-ball game is rubbish? Good. Then - assuming that we're playing one up front - why the hell would you want it in favour of passing and moving?

Glad I won't be in the Wheatfield again come SPL games. Very few Real Fans in there.

heartsfc_fan
Glad I won't be in the Wheatfield again come SPL games. Very few Real Fans in there.

Hated my seat up in section G tonight, plenty of idiots. Ok good atmosphere when it does make a song, but other then that constant booing, kicking seats (why?)

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want.

I want us to take some chances.

And I want us to beat a lower league team at home.

That's all I want.

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want.

I want us to take some chances.

And I want us to beat a lower league team at home.

That's all I want.

Me too, my man. I was happy with the number of chances being created, though...

loveofthegame

I hope that post is meant tongue in cheek,otherwise you're a total *****. What you say is largely correct, its just the way you put it forward...

Simple solution would appear to be to play 2 up front... I agree that patience is needed, i certainly wasn't worried at half time, but there comes a point when that cutting edge is needed. We don't have that, and unless Tullberg is a world beater we are going to seriously struggle to score many goals this season.

I'd want 2 strikers on playin against Airdrie at home. Surely tonight was a perfect opportunity to give Nade some much needed game time with Mole playin off him.

Being a Real Fan, I was there, and thought we passed the ball around very well. If you're playing with only one up front, you've got to be patient when it comes to waiting for an opening. Unfortunately, some non-real fans at the game tonight were getting on the team's back every time the ball wasn't lumped into the box.

Can we agree that the long-ball game is rubbish? Good. Then - assuming that we're playing one up front - why the hell would you want it in favour of passing and moving?

So the long ball game is rubbish is it? Our current style is no more effective, and at least with the long ball game we stand half a chance of scoring!

The real debate is not whether we play a short or long ball game, but to play a short passing game with players who have no ball skills is kidding ourselves on, it is easy to play pretty passes in front of a team, but that is not going to open them up and create any goal scoring chances!

Chad Sexington

I like football played on the deck too Acey.

But I'd also like us to play with more than one striker at home against Airdrie.

Agree about the atmosphere though. I've seen more life in a tramps beard.

Stewards who knew what the hell they were doing might be a good start.

Anyone else in N tonight couldn't get a pie?

Ibrahim Tall

There's passing the ball well and then there's passing the ball between our own defence inside our own half for 10 minutes making no attempt what so ever to actually go forward.

It's KKKairdrie ffs.

I agree with the "booing" point, it's pointless, giving someone abuse won't make them perform better if anything they'll get nervous and perform worse and given how many times that's happened in the past you would have imagined people would have caught on to that by now. Don't blame them for being frustrated though.

ignoring the real/non-real fan comments, you make a decent point.

Some people do need to be patient with build up play.

That being said, we possibly did need a more direct route at we went into extra time.

J.T.F.Robertson

In that respect, we're a totally different team from the last couple of years. However, we need to progress from here, otherwise we're in danger of becoming another hubz. :eek:

Exactlly how I felt. People dont seem to understand that when we got the ball Airdire put 11 men behind the ball, this makes it extremely difficult for us to break through. We did the right thing in passing the ball, keeping possession until we found a gap/opening. Same thing happen v St Midden when the player was sent off, they put every player behind the ball which made it very difficult. Reason we didnt win? Cant take our 20 odd chances for ****!

jamboinglasgow

I agree, at times I thought wish he didn't play this amountof posession but then I thought, if we have the ball like this, it makes it harder for the other team to score.

However I would of liked them to create chances more, think they were passing more at the back looking for mistakes (which I think hearts do well when they notice one, see all the times the ball is suddenly kicked to the front.) But I think increasing the temp when in possesion would work well against alot of teams. The number of times when the ball was knocked accross the pitch at the back, by the time the player moved with it the opposition had shifted to deal with it.

In that respect, we're a totally different team from the last couple of years. However, we need to progress from here, otherwise we're in danger of becoming another hubz. :eek:

It's happening, and at a decent pace. I was horrified by the performance against Dunfermline and thought Csaba was out of his depth and never wanted to see Stewart in a Hearts jersey again. Tonight was my first game at Tynie this season and I was impressed by lots of things.

Agree with your original post Acey - top notch.

What do I want though?

Effort.

It seems to be taboo around Tynecastle these days.

Jambof3tornado

Our keep the ball and build up slowly style of play would be great with an end product,currently we dont have that,therefore we have more chance of scoring by going route 1 up to 2 yes thats 2 strikers. You said you like 4-4-2 Csaba,so why havent we seen it yet????

Well I am all in favour of passing and moving but only if we actually pass and move and to be honest I see very little at times in the way of moving but we certainly pass...in little frigging triangles going nowhere for too long.

Frustration is bound to creep in like it did tonight. You will not score if you do not get the ball into the right area and at times we struggled to get it there. Dying miuntes of tonights game and we're passing the ball nicely along the back line. Sometimes you just gotta punt it up...

Do you know where hell is

The booing at half time and at the final whistle was bad imo, given that we were going into extra time some encouragement would have been good, that said, if passing the ball about in your own half is what you want, then you will be happy. To constantly look as though we were playing a different sport everytime we crossed the halfway is a joke.

The team tried the same rubbish over and over, it was predictable. I agree the long ball is not the answer, but we looked totally devoid of any ideas and eventually kept passing the ball back it was mind numbing at times. No movement, no players in the box, to meet any crosses that managed to get there. Iam all for passing, but passing in an attacking, and inventive way would be nice, as that, would most propably, have an end product.

Ray Winstone

Some of the angriest men in Edinburgh must watch Hearts from the Wheatfield honestly it some of the screaming at the players was frightening.

I would like to see how many shots on goal we had tonight it must be in the 20's.

We created plenty of chances just couldnt finish.

portobellojambo1
Me too, my man. I was happy with the number of chances being created, though...

The first clear cut chance we created was the attempt by Deividas Cesnauskis with around what, 3 or 4 minutes to go maybe. I am a great advocate of playing the ball on the deck, which we have done so far this season, but football is all about scoring goals, and yet again tonight our failure to produce from wide and our glaring lack of a competent person in or around the penalty area was brutally obvious. Other than that one chance, and a couple of other half chances we only started attacking their penalty box late on in extra time, probably due to their tiring.

You do not win games by simply playing pretty football, as Hibs prove over and over again, there has to be an end product, and that end product is the back of the net bulging.

I think the reaction of the crowd summed up a very frustrating evening, and that frustration was caused by the display of the home team. We were at home, we are the higher quality side, the players on the park should have had the wherewithall to win that game, in my opinion of course.

Exactlly how I felt. People dont seem to understand that when we got the ball Airdire put 11 men behind the ball, this makes it extremely difficult for us to break through. We did the right thing in passing the ball, keeping possession until we found a gap/opening. Same thing happen v St Midden when the player was sent off, they put every player behind the ball which made it very difficult. Reason we didnt win? Cant take our 20 odd chances for ****!

We haven't got the creativity to take defenders out with passes and the chances that come are nearly all from distance with defenders ready to block. Remember the kind of passes that put Bednar or Velicka through running at goal with the ball in front of them?

How dare you call someone a 'non real fan'!!

I boooed very loudly!! and I can assure you pal you'd struggle to find a bigger Jambo than me!!

I paid ?12 on that garbage. wasted my night whilst those overpaid underachievers pranced about

I'm ******ing sick of it!

The first clear cut chance we created was the attempt by Deividas Cesnauskis with around what, 3 or 4 minutes to go maybe. I am a great advocate of playing the ball on the deck, which we have done so far this season, but football is all about scoring goals, and yet again tonight our failure to produce from wide and our glaring lack of a competent person in or around the penalty area was glaringly obvious. Other than that one chance, and a couple of other half chances we only started attacking their penalty box late on in extra time, probably due to their tiring.

You do not win games by simply playing pretty football, as Hibs prove over and over again, there has to be an end product, and that end product is the back of the net bulging.

I think the reaction of the crowd summed up a very frustrating evening, and that frustration was caused by the display of the home team. We were at home, we are the higher quality side, the players on the park should have had the wherewithall to win that game, in my opinion of course.

Precisely.

Era Macaroons
I'd want 2 strikers on playin against Airdrie at home. Surely tonight was a perfect opportunity to give Nade some much needed game time with Mole playin off him.

Me as well ...2 strikers at home v lower league opponents in a cup tie.....not too much to ask really is it.

The amount of times I counted our 4 defenders marking their lone striker whilst our other 6 outfield players struggled to get anywhere through the 10 man defence was embarrassing.

tactics needed changed...it didnt happen.

while im at it,

Wallace taking 2nd pen ahead of our strikers and midfielders???? WHY

and a why send Ubua? his matchplay efforts had hit 2 exit tunnels and he walked up to take it with his head down doing tick tack toe with himself like a wee laddie....not good.

mate goin gtf nae wonda did you see that laszlo a muppet kari n mid y y y and jonson at rb surely any1 can see it otha way around and nade on bench thn y take miko best player on park by far off and put on chesney mibi ye ches but take obua off hes garbage we got 5 days now 5 DAYS to get 3 goalscorers thats people who know where the goal is and can score surely with those amount off chances we should be winning 5 6 7 0 or 1 everygame it just aint wrkin and i for 1 are sick fed up off people like you saying your no real fan for booing who gives too buggers they are rubbish they deserve it laszlo another puppet even he did not seem intersted tonight and y buy tullberg if he not fit it so flaming stupid god any1 with common sense man just stay away :mad::mad::mad::mad:

mate goin gtf nae wonda did you see that laszlo a muppet kari n mid y y y and jonson at rb surely any1 can see it otha way around and nade on bench thn y take miko best player on park by far off and put on chesney mibi ye ches but take obua off hes garbage we got 5 days now 5 DAYS to get 3 goalscorers thats people who know where the goal is and can score surely with those amount off chances we should be winning 5 6 7 0 or 1 everygame it just aint wrkin and i for 1 are sick fed up off people like you saying your no real fan for booing who gives too buggers they are rubbish they deserve it laszlo another puppet even he did not seem intersted tonight and y buy tullberg if he not fit it so flaming stupid god any1 with common sense man just stay away :mad::mad::mad::mad:

You don't appear to be very bright. :(

Zali Cinnamon

What's that? Little Timmy fell down the well?

Badly written and badly thought out.

ye thats why am doing a first class degree in law. off course am not bright sorry i forgot we won tonight didnt we and we should all be happy and blaming each other spelling. think thats the last thing thats on a TRUE HEARTS FANS MIND

Chad Sexington

Twenty two minutes past twelve.

:)

ye thats why am doing a first class degree in law. off course am not bright sorry i forgot we won tonight didnt we and we should all be happy and blaming each other spelling. think thats the last thing thats on a TRUE HEARTS FANS MIND

To be honest I'm more bothered by the opinions in your post than your fear of vowels.

Suddenly, I feel much more optimistic regarding my chances of obtaining my Law degree, given the competition. :)

p.s. I don't think it's possible to do, "a first class degree in law".

Cut The Crap

Patient prodding and probing is all very well, but by midway through the second half, we were just crying out for that good old-fashioned Scottish standby.

PANIC!!!!

Ray Winstone

I am not even sure I understand what that says.....

"any1 with common sense man just stay away"

LOL.

Harry Palmer

I think some punctuation may be in order and can you try and write in a language that is legible? Your point may be valid but damned if I can find it amongst that lot.

Uni's don't offer 'first class' degrees. The class of degree depends on your final mark. Good try though. :rolleyes:

Ray Winstone
Uni's don't offer 'first class' degrees. The class of degree depends on your final mark. Good try though. :rolleyes:

He tried so hard to be convincing.

Translation

I disagree with your views. I do not rate Laszlo. Karipidis should have played at right back and Jonsson in midfield. Nade should have come on earlier and Mikoliunas should have stayed on. Obua was not good enough. We only have 5 days of the transfer window left. Our priority should be to sign a goalscorer.

I think we have the right to boo the players. You shouldn't tell us what it means to be a real fan. Laszlo is the same as our previous managers. It is Romanov who is making the important decisions. Tullberg should not have been signed if he was not fit. If you are sensible then stay away from Hearts just now.

shaun.lawson

Being a caring, sharing sort of chap, I'd like to offer you some free advice. If you ever end up being prosecuted for a crime you didn't commit, I think you should put that 'first class degree in law' to good use and represent yourself in court. You're so good at arguing a case, I'm sure you'd have nothing to fear.

hearts_crazy

Can anyone translate this? :eek:!

Not exactly surprised, but there's too much completely OTT reaction from tonight's game on here tonight.

My thoughts on tonight's game - pass marks for Miko, Chesny, Nade and Kello. Does Karapidis think you have to pass the ball backwards like in Rugby? Larry was on one of his can't be bothered games, if he has this attitude he can GTF. Obua, too many shots blasted way over the bar, but at least he was willing to have a dig. Michael Stewart was in headless chicken mode and missed a sitter in extra time that I could have scored. Mole was ineffective in the extreme and Nade should have replaced him earlier. Johnsson isn't the answer at Right Back.

Airdrie played to frustrate us and hit on the break, and it worked to a treat. They had a couple of good chances in the first half but rarely troubled us other than that. We weren't as crap as Airdrie made us look by defending the way they did. We should have won the game in normal time and certainly in extra time. We wouldn't have deserved to win, (but I would have taken a win anyway), but then again Airdrie certainly didn't deserve to win either. It was the sort of game that they would have earned another shot in a replay at Airdrie if it hadn't been played to a finish. It is hard to break down teams that go out to stop you from playing. It's even harder when you don't have players who can play against that sort of tactic. We have NO cutting edge whatsoever, and we desperately need to sort out the striking problem NOW. A few thousand Hearts fans in the Gorgie stand may have made a difference in the penalty shoot out.

We lost, get over it. Hamilton next 'mon the mighty JTs.

What do you people want

Not got time to compose a definitive list but number 1 would be a PENALTY BOX STRIKER asap!!!

I was so angry and ****ed of even before a ball was kicked today due to the fact we were starting with one up front against a lower league team. Total disgrace.

I was looking forward to seeing some fringe guys get a start today (which the evening news seemed to suggest) like ruben and nade but how wrong i was.

Laszlo was going on about what a great proffesional nade has been yet didnt get to start. Feel sorry for Mole as not his fault there is no one up front to support him.

Sadly i dont think Laszlo picked the team tonight. It must have been one of romanovs muppets as anyone with half a brain would have started with at least 2 up front tonight.

Which 2 up front would people have started with?

Mole is the only fit first team striker just now. Nade can't manage a half never mind a full game. The other choices are Makela (useless) or very young lads.

Ray Winstone
Which 2 up front would people have started with?

Mole is the only fit first team striker just now. Nade can't manage a half never mind a full game. The other choices are Makela (useless) or very young lads.

Would have been a good opertunity to give Glen a run out.

Archived