Kickback Golf Outing - Autumn 2008

Bigsmak

Just want to gauge the response to playing the 4th Kickback outing sometime in the next 6 weeks!

Also send an e-mail to [email protected] and i'll add you to the mailing list.

Please suggest a Course and a date. Usually we have played Friday Afternoons. But maybe we could play a Saturday of an away game or if Satanta moves it to a Monday / Sunday.

Thanks..

http://www.geocities.com/kickbackgolf/

The website above has not been updated for a while... But its there!

Is the prize a plasma telly? :eek:

Please note, that this has no affiliation with Kickback its just organised by the members of the board, for the members of the board.

Last few years people have brought along a bottle or some balls to donate as prizes. Almost everyone got a prize at the last outings. So all is good. If someone wants to donate a Plasma TV, then the winner will get that. (unless someone donates a better prize)

Just want to gauge the response to playing the 4th Kickback outing sometime in the next 6 weeks!

Also send an e-mail to [email protected] and i'll add you to the mailing list.

Please suggest a Course and a date. Usually we have played Friday Afternoons. But maybe we could play a Saturday of an away game or if Satanta moves it to a Monday / Sunday.

Thanks..

http://www.geocities.com/kickbackgolf/

The website above has not been updated for a while... But its there!

Gullane 3 on a Saturday. Coach fae Edinburgh 9am , bacon butties on arrival, golf10.30/11ish, fish and chip type meal after, few scoops and back to Edin by coach 5ish. Would be approx ?40+ a head.

Gullane 3 on a Saturday. Coach fae Edinburgh 9am , bacon butties on arrival, golf10.30/11ish, fish and chip type meal after, few scoops and back to Edin by coach 5ish. Would be approx ?40+ a head.

Might be able to get a small discount on the golf as I can have a few members play in this.

Anyone know anyone with a Bus/Car hire company that we can get a cheap minibus from?

Walter Bishop

Sign me up, a saturday would be better for me aswell as i have no holidays left!!!

What about Kingsacre?

Midloth_Iain

I could be interested depending on dates.

27th September would be cool ;):cool:

away to Dundee United that day

Gullane sounds good.

Everybody loves Baz

I'm out of Holiday as well Paul, so it's a saturday for me mate , not fussy where about?

Ok is Saturday the 27th good then

Dundee Utd Away... So its not that exciting a game to be going to ... Aim for about a 10am meet for a bacon roll. Play around 11am. Drinking by 3pm.

Courses..

Suggested so far.

Gullane No.3 (I can bring members so might get a good discount)

The Glen in North Berwick.. Great course for the price.

Kingsacre

Craigmillar Park (as we've been before and always had a good time)

So - Is the date good?

What course would you like...(please suggest more if you wish)

I can source prices for golf and food (and minibus if needed) (we usually have been paying under ?30 for the day) .... and get back to you!

The quicker we get it sorted, the better!

Midloth_Iain

Of those listed :

THE GLEN - 1st Choice

GULLANE 3 - 2nd Choice

Suggest everyone interested votes ? :)

Everybody loves Baz

Glencorse ??

Not long and a pub next door (allbeit a shytt one)

Shame about the date as I may have dusted the clubs down for their obligatory two year outing.

But I am flying back from Spain that day and wont land until after midnight.

The Mighty Thor

I'm interested for the 27th

Gullane 3 is a good track for an outing, not too long but enough of a challenge.

Bomber Harris

Gullane has winter prices after 1st October

Quality course at cheap prices

Got a round on Gullane 1 early October for ?40

what sort of level does one need to be playing at to join in? A lot of guys don't like playing with players with less ability shall we say!!!

what sort of level does one need to be playing at to join in? A lot of guys don't like playing with players with less ability shall we say!!!

On one of the outings one of the players had never seen a golf course before, he'd been to the range a few times.. So Standard is not important.

But on the other hand, playing a course like Gullane 1 or Braids 1 is probably a bit much for the overall standard of the group. It's mostly about getting drunk and the banter than the quality of golf!

I'll probably be up for it, although I think it would be better to not do it on a match day.

I also think the Braids 1 course is a bit tricky. I have improved since last time (I'm getting close to hitting a sub 100 at Silverknowes), but the Braids is just murder!

For the price you guys are talking about for Gullane, you'd be as well going for Murrayfield. They do a bacon roll before/fish n chips after and a round for ?44. It's very central and a beautiful course.

It's only another ?4 and you'd be saving on the minibus.

The Old Tolbooth

If we could have made the tee off times around 1-2pm then I could have made it, however I'll struggle with the early start as I'll need to take my kids back home to their mum and she wont like it if I take them back that early.

Put my name down if I can get a late start, other than that I'll need to pass mate.

Put my name down if I can get a late start, other than that I'll need to pass mate.

Sure... Nothing finalised about times yet... The ones I put were just a suggestion

Ok is Saturday the 27th good then

Dundee Utd Away... So its not that exciting a game to be going to ... Aim for about a 10am meet for a bacon roll. Play around 11am. Drinking by 3pm.

Courses..

Suggested so far.

Gullane No.3 (I can bring members so might get a good discount)

The Glen in North Berwick.. Great course for the price.

Kingsacre

Craigmillar Park (as we've been before and always had a good time)

So - Is the date good?

What course would you like...(please suggest more if you wish)

I can source prices for golf and food (and minibus if needed) (we usually have been paying under ?30 for the day) .... and get back to you!

The quicker we get it sorted, the better!

Make it a non game day!!

Or even better, make it a course near Dundee and have an early start, then all to the fitba (golf clothing a must!).

i can get this place at a reduced rate if its an option.

http://www.newbattlegolfclub.com/

OK.. get us a price for the 27th - including bacon roll to start and meal after. aprox 14-18 people (4 or 3 balls).

I'll do the same for Gullane and the Glen

We can then always look elsewhere as we are just comparing prices~!

OK.. get us a price for the 27th - including bacon roll to start and meal after. aprox 14-18 people (4 or 3 balls).

I'll do the same for Gullane and the Glen

We can then always look elsewhere as we are just comparing prices~!

ok no probs leave it with me.

Everybody loves Baz
i can get this place at a reduced rate if its an option.

http://www.newbattlegolfclub.com/

That would be grand for me lads.

A few boozers in Dalkeith after and collapse at the Mother in Laws at night.

Perfect.

Spoke with my mate on Friday he is going to speak to the secretary on monday but does not think we can get an outing due to the bad weather during the summer there are medals needing to get played. Will keep you posted.Is a Sunday any good????

The Mighty Thor
Spoke with my mate on Friday he is going to speak to the secretary on monday but does not think we can get an outing due to the bad weather during the summer there are medals needing to get played. Will keep you posted.Is a Sunday any good????

Ted Newbattle is a notoriously wet track and is regularly closed when other courses are fine. This summer will have been a mare for them. I played Broomieknowe last monday and it was like a bog too.

Something coastal might be in better condition.

If it is a match day, count me out.

Spend ?40-?50 to travel and watch Hearts, OR ?40-?50 to travel and play golf......................easy one for me, Hearts always before golf.

Cant get Newbattle to many comps running over this year.

I would imagine you would struggle to get any course on a Saturday.Fridays cheaper and better.

chester copperpot
I would imagine you would struggle to get any course on a Saturday.Fridays cheaper and better.

Any idea's who won the last KB golf outing? :whistling:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived