Car blocked in...

Simo

Im parked on a street just off Easter Road beside my flat in Leith and found out tonight that some **** had double parked and blocked my car in :mad:. Now it didnt really matter tonight since I didnt actually need it anyway but I need to be at the airport for about 2 tomorrow...

Ive no idea whos car it is thats double parked or anything. Basically if its still there when I need to go out tomorrow does anyone have any idea what I can do? (Short of breaking into the other car:rolleyes:)

The worst thing is I bet its some f'ing hibby!

Im parked on a street just off Easter Road beside my flat in Leith and found out tonight that some **** had double parked and blocked my car in :mad:. Now it didnt really matter tonight since I didnt actually need it anyway but I need to be at the airport for about 2 tomorrow...

Ive no idea whos car it is thats double parked or anything. Basically if its still there when I need to go out tomorrow does anyone have any idea what I can do? (Short of breaking into the other car:rolleyes:)

If its causing an obstruction call the police

Otherwise you need to either accidentally break a window unseen and release the handbreak or wait for it to be towed.

It will probably be gone anyway, although I would say if it isnt a 2am "slip" next to it with your keys in your hand could be called for:p

If its causing an obstruction call the police

Otherwise you need to either accidentally break a window unseen and release the handbreak or wait for it to be towed.

It will probably be gone anyway, although I would say if it isnt a 2am "slip" next to it with your keys in your hand could be called for:p

A wee bit strange advice from someone who generally seems to be a law and order advocate. Surely if that location is an area where double parking is illegal a call to a tow company or the police should be sufficient to have the problem resolved.

I would say if it isnt a 2am "slip" next to it with your keys in your hand could be called for:p

Dont you think the police are busy enough without having to take reports of vandalism to cars?

Double parking is extremely common here (Spain) and there is an unwritten "etiquette" on how to behave. When returning to your car to find it blocked in the following rules apply -

1. give a couple of toots and wait for 30 secs

2. repeat 1 three times while gradually increasing the length of the toots.

3. If someone appears, wave, smile and depart once they have moved

If not, lean on the horn

4. Still no response, get out of the car and (this is tricky) put your arm in to lean on the horn whilst looking around for someone to come out and move it - keep your hand on the horn for a substantial amount of time.

5. knock on the nearest 5 doors/shops and ask if it is anyones car

6. phone the cops and get it towed

When double parking someone in, the rules are -

1. never go more than 50m away

2. always look out the window when you hear a toot

3. if you fell asleep by mistake and have been woken by big toots, casually acknowledge the driver whilst avoiding eye contact at all times.

4. if the guy is still being a ****, tell him to go ***** himself whilst driving away (make sure you drive away if you do this as you don't want to hang about the area!).

Hope this helps.

Double parking is extremely common here (Spain) and there is an unwritten "etiquette" on how to behave. When returning to your car to find it blocked in the following rules apply -

If not, lean on the horn

4. Still no response, get out of the car and (this is tricky) put your arm in to lean on the horn whilst looking around for someone to come out and move it - keep your hand on the horn for a substantial amount of time.

3. if you fell asleep by mistake and have been woken by big toots, casually acknowledge the driver whilst avoiding eye contact at all times.

4. if the guy is still being a ****, tell him to go ***** himself whilst driving away (make sure you drive away if you do this as you don't want to hang about the area!).

Hope this helps.

...only in my dreams ... only in my dreams ...

If not, lean on the horn

Hope this helps.

Strangely, that seems to be the etiquette in Polwarth as well......!

heartsfc_fan

This happens near tynecastle all the time. I remember I was walking down Wardaw street on saturday to go to the game and I counted about 3 cars had done that....lazy so and so's. Why not just find a "proper space" like everyone else???:confused::mad:

Guest S.U.S.S.

Beat teh crap out of the car with a claw hammer.

It wont get you to the airport but the person will not double park again.

This happened to me on Caley Cres when I used to live there, had to do SERIOUSLY dodgy maneuvres until I ended up at right angles actually over the pavement so I could squeeze out, took about half an hour.

Also when I went to Elements of Life at Ingliston I had to leave early and went back out to the 'car park' (read field) and out of the whole field, the 2 cars in front of and behind me had parked inches away from me, everyone else's were in regimented lines but these 2 clowns had boxed me in and took a team of 3 to get me out. RAGING!

I have seen someone use another vehicle to shift the offending one! They edged-up to it until the bumpers were touching and just pushed it gently out of the way. There was no damage to the exterior of either vehicle. This was after using the horn to try and get the attention of the owner/driver of the offending car.

get a pair of wire cutters and cut the handbrake cables then push to car out the way or get some help to bump it out in to the middle of the road

Goose Baxter

Just do what the rangers fans done to the car in Manchester. Just get brick and bolders and beat the crap out of it and then get a group off yir mates to flip it over.

Was so funny watching they ******'s make a tit of theirself down there.

Put paint stripper in an empty can of cola, stick a few holes in the can and leave it on top of their car.. They defo wont be double parking again ;)

I work on Easter Rd and the double parking down the side streets mainly happens over night, parking restrictions start at 8 am and you usually find all the cars have moved.:o

Turns out the car had gone by the time I needed to go out anyway so it was fine in the end, thanks for the suggestions though. If it ever happens again I know what to vandalise it with! :P

Archived