Noisy Sky + Box

Legend Claws

Legend Claws

Hello

Does anybodies Sky + box make a constant noise whilst watching/recording? It is kind of like the noise of the hard disk spinning. Really annoying!

Cheers!

Commander Harris

it is the noise of a hard disk spinning!

a sky + box is basically just a hard disk recorder.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Yeah I know that I just don't think it should make so much noise?

Suppose it depends on how loud it is, once up to speed you really shouldnt hear it. If you do, then its on its last legs, sadly i doubt they will do anything about it till it actually fails.

Make sure and watch everything you want to on it b4 it goes, they wont copy the stuff over.

Legend Claws

Jeez it is only a year old, hopefully it is not on it's last legs! Knowing Sky they will be no help what so ever.

Mark_Mywords

Has the Sky+ box not have a fan? If so, I would check that out first.

A HDD should not make too much noise. The last really noisy HDD I've heard was way back in the early 90's. Depends on what kind of noise I suppose.

I don't own a sky + box so this is just all guesswork.

:)

Jeez it is only a year old, hopefully it is not on it's last legs! Knowing Sky they will be no help what so ever.

Do what I did and threaten to leave them. Usually works and you'll get a brand new box too.;)

yeah you shouldn't really be able to hear the noise of it over and above the volume (unless you have it real quiet) and yes the fan does make noise too but again shouldn't be too noisy...you would generally only notice fan noise at night when everything else is switched off. if your sky+ is only just over a yr then they might send someone out for free but yeah if you get asked to pay you could say u wish to cancel your acc, you will be put through to 'cancellations' and then they will make you an offer!

My box does the same, had first one changed but still makig a noise they try telling me it is the make of box but I have my reservations !!

Hear it even when telly off

My sky + box is extremely quiet. Cant ever recall hearing it. I sit about 6ft away from the tv so theres a guide. Although I do have 3 massive speakers and a sub attached so maybe thats it...

My BT vision box in the bedroom is a right noisy fecker.

Id just give the back of the box a wee dust, make sure theres nowt too obvious then give them a call.

Miller Jambo 60
Hello

Does anybodies Sky + box make a constant noise whilst watching/recording? It is kind of like the noise of the hard disk spinning. Really annoying!

Cheers!

Do sky boxes actually work to their specification.

Ours crashes every 2nd day.

Another conn by big companies.

Legend Claws

I actually hate dealing with sky they are the worst company in terms of arguing with you over their **** service!

Archived