Say no to a 2012 Brithish olympic football team

IronJambo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jamboinglasgow

When this issue first came out I thought no, but if FIFA wrote down in writing that our indpendence in football is maintained I would happily support an olympic football team.

When this issue first came out I thought no, but if FIFA wrote down in writing that our indpendence in football is maintained I would happily support an olympic football team.

Yup thats it for me as long as its water tight that nothing could happen to our leagues and the national team i dont have a problem with it.

But it would have to be tighter than a ducks :gstring_black: in terms of legal documentation before i would go with it.

Rudi Hates Hibees

Totally agree. Would have to be legal documentation.

A Great British team represents every other sport at the Olympics, why should football be any different?

Guest Dipped Flake

Couldn't care less what guarantees are given, I want no part in a team GB and it is never going to happen. England will put a team in under the gb banner and as far as I am concerned they are welcome to it. As my signature says, I care about Hearts and Scotland.

I just cant support a British team at anything, sorry.

I admire all the people that have won stuff there but I never watched 1 nanosecond of the games, not interested in other sports. People only play other sports because they, like me, are crap at fitba'.

Grandpa Broon should spend more time trying to sort out the mess his party:mad: has got the country in than continuing his pathetic "Look at me, I am so British, vote for me" mission. :mad:

Couldn't care less what guarantees are given, I want no part in a team GB and it is never going to happen. England will put a team in under the gb banner and as far as I am concerned they are welcome to it. As my signature says, I care about Hearts and Scotland.

:laugh:

Oh dear.

Oh dear...what?

His opinion on a Team GB isn't going to stop it happening.

Team GB competes in every sport in the Olympics, why is football any different? Probably because of some silly xenophobic idea that the team will be all English.

Chad Sexington

The African nations would be all over it like a rash.

They despise the fact that GB has 4 international places as it is.

It's not worth the bother. Let England enter under the GB flag if they care that much.

ArthurScargill

Team GB competes in every sport in the Olympics, why is football any different? Probably because of some silly xenophobic idea that the team will be all English.

And does the opinion you hold guarantee that it will happen then? So you are saying that you're point of view is the only one which is valid...interesting.:)

And does the opinion you hold guarantee that it will happen then? So you are saying that you're point of view is the only one which is valid...interesting.:)

Considering my opinion is backed up by the PM and the Olympic commitee, I'd think that my opinion is a lot more valid.

They should approach Vlad to manage them.

Guest Dipped Flake

The team will be all english

It's not worth the bother. Let England enter under the GB flag if they care that much.

Exactly.

And as it is unlikely there will be a British Olympic football team beyond 2012, why risk it?

Considering they're approaching a Scot to coach the team, I'd suggest that you're pretty wide of the mark.

heartsfc_fan

If they are going to have a Team GB, then I think there should be a rule where 25% of the squad is Scottish. 25% English. 25% Welsh and 25% N.Ireland

Only fair

If they are going to have a Team GB, then I think there should be a rule where 25% of the squad is Scottish. 25% English. 25% Welsh and 25% N.Ireland

Only fair

Don't be silly.

The team will be all English, with an English manager and they'll all wear England strips.

Only fair

It is not how it works in every other sport for Team GB.

If there are Scots that are good enough they will play. That is how it works.

ArthurScargill
Considering my opinion is backed up by the PM and the Olympic commitee, I'd think that my opinion is a lot more valid.

They should approach Vlad to manage them.

'You're opinion'

I never knew we had someone who posted on JKB with such influential opinions?!?! :eek:

For the record, I could not care what Seb Coe feels with regards to football, or Gordon Brown for that matter...Scotland will never participate in a GB football team in my opinion.

I have nothing against the people from England, Northern Ireland or Wales...but I could never support a team which comprised of players from each of those countries. I am Scottish and as such will only ever have pride for, and passion for MY country. But that is simply my opinion...and I would be so presumptious to claim that I speak for anyone else, particularly the rest of the country. :)

'You're opinion'

I never knew we had someone who posted on JKB with such influential opinions?!?! :eek:

For the record, I could not care what Seb Coe feels with regards to football, or Gordon Brown for that matter...Scotland will never participate in a GB football team in my opinion.

I have nothing against the people from England, Northern Ireland or Wales...but I could never support a team which comprised of players from each of those countries. I am Scottish and as such will only ever have pride for, and passion for MY country. But that is simply my opinion...and I would be so presumptious to claim that I speak for anyone else, particularly the rest of the country. :)

Yes, I am very influential.

Some might even call me a pioneer.

ArthurScargill
Considering they're approaching a Scot to coach the team, I'd suggest that you're pretty wide of the mark.

Hmmm i wonder why that is huh?!?!? Get an influential Scot to take on the team...perhaps then the SFA might see the light and the fans will follow suit...aint going to happen.

Why does there seem to be continually more and more pro-unionist posts on JKB??? This is a football forum, but from what I have seen over the past couple of years, the amount of this stuff on here is becoming more frequent...

Hmmm i wonder why that is huh?!?!? Get an influential Scot to take on the team...perhaps then the SFA might see the light and the fans will follow suit...aint going to happen.

Why does there seem to be continually more and more pro-unionist posts on JKB??? This is a football forum, but from what I have seen over the past couple of years, the amount of this stuff on here is becoming more frequent...

Where am I being pro-Unionist? :laugh:

I'm talking about football, not politics.

ArthurScargill
Yes, I am very influential.

Some might even call me a pioneer.

I wouldn't...I would say you enjoy promoting unionist debates on JKB because of where you come from, and because you know it instigates arguementative threads on this forum. :) You are posting with an agenda in my opinion...

Chad Sexington
Can anyone tell me why we need football at the olympics?

Nope.

It's like Olympic tennis.

Totally Micky Mouse.

Guest Dipped Flake

No Scot will be allowed to play in the team and Wales and N Ireland say the same so, yes, the team will be all English. Doesn't matter how much you want a team gb, you will just have to support a team england instead.

ArthurScargill
Where am I being pro-Unionist? :laugh:

I'm talking about football, not politics.

Oh I have seen quite a few threads where you are pro unionist...are you claiming you are not pro-british? Because if you are, then I am happy to call you a liar.

:)

ArthurScargill
No Scot will be allowed to play in the team and Wales and N Ireland say the same so, yes, the team will be all English. Doesn't matter how much you want a team gb, you will just have to support a team england instead.

TBH I am sure he would be more than happy to do so...

Guest Dipped Flake
I wouldn't...I would say you enjoy promoting unionist debates on JKB because of where you come from, and because you know it instigates arguementative threads on this forum. :) You are posting with an agenda in my opinion...

As I keep saying, these are just flag debates under the covers

ArthurScargill
As I keep saying, these are just flag debates under the covers

Exactly...and it is always the same small group of individuals that begin them, or turn threads into them...I wonder why hmmm?

Why will no Scot be allowed to play in the team?

I take it there are no Scots allowed to compete at any other event then?

How many Unionist debates have I posted in?

Why shouldn't I be proud to be British? :rolleyes:

the african nations despise us for having 4 national teams? why?

Oh I have seen quite a few threads where you are pro unionist...are you claiming you are not pro-british? Because if you are, then I am happy to call you a liar.

:)

What's wrong with being pro-British exactly? :laugh:

TBH I am sure he would be more than happy to do so...

Support a Team GB? You're right, I would.

Exactly...and it is always the same small group of individuals that begin them, or turn threads into them...I wonder why hmmm?

Are you saying JamboInAberdeen is pro-Unionist?

ArthurScargill
Why will no Scot be allowed to play in the team?

I take it there are no Scots allowed to compete at any other event then?

How many Unionist debates have I posted in?

Why shouldn't I be proud to be British? :rolleyes:

So let me get this straight...you are saying you are not pro-unionist, BUT you are proud to be British? :arf:

And no I am not saying anything about JamboinAberdeen...as he did not sarcastically denounce another forum members opinion on this matter, as you clearly did...

I like Cathy Jamieson's idea.

Never thought I'd see the day ;) but 100% Agree !

Have an u-23 4 nations olympic qualifying tournament and the winning nation represents Team GB at 2012!!

So let me get this straight...you are saying you are not pro-unionist, BUT you are proud to be British? :arf:

No, I'm asking you where I've taken part in pro-Unionist arguments.

Do you have any links?

ArthurScargill
No, I'm asking you where I've taken part in pro-Unionist arguments.

Do you have any links?

so basically you are happy to only answer one part of my post? why is that?

And yes wait a mo, and I will trawl through all you're posts and get some links for you...

Chad Sexington
the african nations despise us for having 4 national teams? why?

Because we use up spaces to get into World cups, depriving other nations, and have 4 votes within FIFA.

They have always been fairly vociferous about it and often use the Olympics as an argument against us.

Not strictly true is it? There was a lack of a basketball team and there is only talk of one just now because they managed to convince Luol Deng and Ben Gordon to play for them. Beforehand there wasnt much movement to focus any kind of GB team here (IIRC).

Not every country participates in every sport at Olympics so why does this need to be an issue now?

so basically you are happy to only answer one part of my post? why is that?

And yes wait a mo, and I will trawl through all you're posts and get some links for you...

Shouldn't be too hard, you complained about the number of pro-Unionist debates taking place on Kickback. Seeing as I'm apprently a big contributor to these debates, you should be able to find one post.

I'll be waiting.

Never thought I'd see the day ;) but 100% Agree !

Have an u-23 4 nations olympic qualifying tournament and the winning nation represents Team GB at 2012!!

Why risk it though?

This'll be the last year it's likely to be an issue and if it wasn't an issue before 2012 then why run the risk.

Just because we're hosting, doesn't mean we need to enter every single event.

Archived