Greek Restaurant in Edinburgh?

jambogaza

Apparently there is now two(?). Anyone been to either and if so, what are they like and where about are they located?

Apparently there is now two(?). Anyone been to either and if so, what are they like and where about are they located?

I have been to the Santori which is located at Broughton Street, hopefully it's still there as the meals were delicious:)

There was a great little greek taverna at the end of Albert Street but it shut down about a year ago. Was good AND cheap like an authentic place you would find on holiday.

There was a great little greek taverna at the end of Albert Street but it shut down about a year ago. Was good AND cheap like an authentic place you would find on holiday.

You mean like the touristy ones?? Very authentic! :P

You mean like the touristy ones?? Very authentic! :P

Maybe that's what you do on holiday, I prefer to find the real places where the locals eat.

I have been to the Santori which is located at Broughton Street, hopefully it's still there as the meals were delicious:)

It's closed down now - however I agree that it was a good restaurant.

It's closed down now - however I agree that it was a good restaurant.

Bummer, has it closed down recently?

Will need to try and find the other one which is in the town i believe:)

Maybe that's what you do on holiday, I prefer to find the real places where the locals eat.

You mean the touristy places that kid you on that it is where all 'the locals' eat? :o

Bummer, has it closed down recently?

Will need to try and find the other one which is in the town i believe:)

A good few months ago I think.

The other one which is mentioned in the thread is ok, a bit more expensive than Santorini though.

A good few months ago I think.

The other one which is mentioned in the thread is ok, a bit more expensive than Santorini though.

Might just need to convince John to try it out, I'm sure i'll find an excuse;)

Might just need to convince John to try it out, I'm sure i'll find an excuse;)

Let me know what you think of it when you go!

You mean the touristy places that kid you on that it is where all 'the locals' eat? :o

Bizarrely enough the clientele generally give you a clue. Maybe you're a bit naive and unwordly outside the UK. I'm not.

Archived