Pie Stall In The Main Stand, what a joke.

Mr Quagmire

I stood for 30 mins waiting on a Pie and a cup of Tea.

They had 2 youngsters on the stand who were slower than slow.

Not fair to slate them but Hearts you have to sort this out, its becoming farcical to say the least.

At the Hull game I was heading back to my seat from the gents and I heard that they'd run out of pies.

Mind you Dean Windass was in attendance that day...:D

I waited about 20 mins yesterday in the Gorgie stand. Dont think they know what they are doing... And i missed Jamie Moles goal :mad:

Woldnt take a guys money as it was a ?50 note, they were left with the things he bought which had came to nearly ?20. Not sure if they didnt know what a fifty was and couldnt count that high....

Surely an adult should be in charge.....

I stood for 30 mins waiting on a Pie and a cup of Tea.

They had 2 youngsters on the stand who were slower than slow.

Not fair to slate them but Hearts you have to sort this out, its becoming farcical to say the least.

My mate's the manager of the stalls in the Main Stand. Apparently they had a freakishly large amount of sickies and had to throw 2 newbies together, who were, shall we say, 'not all there'.

That's probably the stall you waited at.

awadooningorgie2

Nothing new - said to the guys in pub I'd eat there as almost impossible to get a pie without mssing loads of the game. They would probably sell twice as much if it was run efficiently. Been the same for 2/3 years but seems to be getting progresively worse. Is your mate aware of this? He should go and ask the punters who are in the queue and the ones who come along and bugger off again what they think.......

Nothing new - said to the guys in pub I'd eat there as almost impossible to get a pie without mssing loads of the game. They would probably sell twice as much if it was run efficiently. Been the same for 2/3 years but seems to be getting progresively worse. Is your mate aware of this? He should go and ask the punters who are in the queue and the ones who come along and bugger off again what they think.......

He started at the Hull game, so I'm sure he's got a fair idea of the problems there. He doesn't have the authority to hire/fire, though - only manage what he's got/is given.

Judging by what's gone on with our playing staff in the past few years, we should be able to appreciate that! :laugh:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

same the other week against murderwell.Three kids running it and not a clue between them. Queues yesterday were just stupid, I didn't even bother.

Better call Saul

Why shouldn't we moan about its a faciltity within the ground that needs sorted out

I happen to look forward to a couple a pies at half time AND ALL THAT WAS LEFT WAS FECKIN CHEESE AND ONION PIES .:mad::mad::mad:

Why shouldn't we moan about its a faciltity within the ground that needs sorted out

I happen to look forward to a couple a pies at half time AND ALL THAT WAS LEFT WAS FECKIN CHEESE AND ONION PIES .:mad::mad::mad:

How would you solve the problem? You have a few thousand people crammed into a very small, tight stand, with space for 4 stalls. If even a quarter of the people that sit in the stand want something to eat at half time, we're talking about a good few hundred people at each kiosk, run by 3-4 16/17/18 year old kids.

Not ideal, but I don't know how it can be solved. FFS we won yesterday, but some people just can't help themselves.

Here's an idea.

Why don't you get something to eat before you get to the stadium?

Here's an idea.

It's not as if there's a McDonalds, a Gregg's, a Baguette Express, a chippy or countless wee corner shops in the Gorgie area, Eck.

I think you're being a wee bit unreasonable with that shout, mate.

It's not as if there's a McDonalds, a Gregg's, a Baguette Express, a chippy or countless wee corner shops in the Gorgie area, Eck.

I think you're being a wee bit unreasonable with that shout, mate.

Lets not forget the filled rolls at Robbos.

I ordered a cheese burger from the stall at the gorgie side of the main stand.

The young guy then took MY burger out the white bag, opened it up, turned round and took a cheese slice out the fridge and placed it on the burger. He then put the bun back on top and put it back in the bag.

I was so appalled at the lack of hygiene that I refused the burger. Some poor sod would've got it after me.

Disgusting.

I'm shaking with rage at the sound of some of these stories :laugh:

Has anyone here ever worked in a kitchen? It's a pie stall, not Bar Roma.

I ordered a cheese burger from the stall at the gorgie side of the main stand.

The young guy then took MY burger out the white bag, opened it up, turned round and took a cheese slice out the fridge and placed it on the burger. He then put the bun back on top and put it back in the bag.

I was so appalled at the lack of hygiene that I refused the burger. Some poor sod would've got it after me.

Disgusting.

How's that unhygienic? How do you make a sandwich?

How's that unhygienic? How do you make a sandwich?

If you had seen him scratching his head 2 mins before then I'm sure you can work out how it's not ideal hygiene.

If you had seen him scratching his head 2 mins before then I'm sure you can work out how it's not ideal hygiene.

Technically, you should be more worried about the germs you might get because of him handling money; covered in germs that stuff.

Sounds like Hearts have a major problem that needs to be addressed before someone raises a Parliamentary question about the debacle.

Of course the opposite view would be that we have a bunch of whining babies amongst our support who are more than capable of making a mountain out of a molehill.

Jambof3tornado

I have sent so many complaints to the club regarding food that I just dont go near the stands now,I bring my own stephens bridies to the game with some capri suns in my pocket and a sweetie or fudge doughnut,coz I cant be bothered complaining anymore. The juice cups they use are almost too small to fit in the 16oz of juice you pay for,the cup should be full to the brim to get what you pay for yet they only fill them up to the line on the cup. Work it out if you dont believe me.

Shocking,overpriced and poorly managed, Tynecastle could make a fortune with a few adjustments but they dont appear to give 2 hoots. Falkirks burgers are fantastic,hobos pizza are very nice,dunfy bridies,killie pies etc,and what do we have. A steak pie with as much meat content as my big toe nail!!!

awadooningorgie2
Sounds like Hearts have a major problem that needs to be addressed before someone raises a Parliamentary question about the debacle.

Of course the opposite view would be that we have a bunch of whining babies amongst our support who are more than capable of making a mountain out of a molehill.

It's traditional to buy a pie at the game. Ask any of my 50 mates I was in the pub with. We all buy a pie at the game, always have done ,always will.

Can't be doing with these 'new' Hearts supporters who are frequenting other eating establishments before the game. Best they go for a 3 course meal instead of ruining it for real Hearts supporters.

Jam Tarts 1874

The facilities and nature of the staff have not changed significantly over the years. What has changed is the number of lard-asses (including all the kids) who can't seem to get through a couple of hours without stuffing their faces.

Vlad OUT

Sounds like comedy service to go along with the comedy prices.

Bought one pie at Tynie, in the Shed. One bite and i was covered in hot grease. Never again!

Can folk not go 2 hours without eating?

The food is disgusting at Tynecastle.

Some guy near me bought a burger and it smelled like 2 week old road kill.

Here's an idea.

That's not the point. Some people don't have time eg. if they're working Sat and have to rush straight from work to the ground. The point is they are supposed to be providing a service for those who want to get something to eat, therefore they should do precisely that quickly and efficiently. In my experience the staff working there are ridiculously slow. Running out of pies before half-time (as they did at Robbies testimonial and the Hull game) should never happen.

I don?t want to get all ?stato? about this but if you have six tills per stall with six people serving customers, taking about 1 min per customer each member of staff can only deal with 15 people at half time. That makes 90 customers per stall and I think there are only 6 stalls available to the entire home support (excluding the chip stand near the club shop and the hot dog stalls). That means they can only serve 540 customers at half time. That assumes all six tills are operating and they take 1 min per customer, which in my experience they don?t. I don?t know how many people need to be catered for but its always going to be a nightmare, unfortunately.

Francis Albert
The facilities and nature of the staff have not changed significantly over the years. What has changed is the number of lard-asses (including all the kids) who can't seem to get through a couple of hours without stuffing their faces.

Quite. Just as at the pictures very few these days seem able to sit for a couple of hours without the company of a bucket full of disgusting smelling popcorn and a half gallon of Coke.

Technically, you should be more worried about the germs you might get because of him handling money; covered in germs that stuff.

In a study,it was found that over fifty per cent of British banknotes had traces of cocaine.Take your mind off the taste of the pies,I suppose.:rolleyes:

Miller Jambo 60
same the other week against murderwell.Three kids running it and not a clue between them. Queues yesterday were just stupid, I didn't even bother.

My son bought me a burnt pie sold by a lovely polish person on 5 pounds an hour.

Labour SUCKS

BRING BACK CHRIS JOKE

That's not the point. Some people don't have time eg. if they're working Sat and have to rush straight from work to the ground. The point is they are supposed to be providing a service for those who want to get something to eat, therefore they should do precisely that quickly and efficiently. In my experience the staff working there are ridiculously slow. Running out of pies before half-time (as they did at Robbies testimonial and the Hull game) should never happen.

Get one before kick off then. :confused:

If they know this is the case, then they don't they bring a pie or something to work? Then eat it on the way?

Or get something to eat after the game?

Christ, some people will moan about anything.

The bottom line is that Hearts are missing a huge opportunity to generate extra income, purely because of the way food and drink is sold at Tynie.

The old stand isn't the only one where there is a problem.

The food outlets in the Gorgie Stand, and also the Wheatfield I suspect, are very poorly and inefficiently run.

As much as I may like a pie and a drink at half time, I would never waste my time even trying to get served.

What's the point, when you either have to get in the queue before the half time whistle, or you accept that you are very likely to miss the start of the 2nd half ?

There is never any urgency by the personnel in any of the food stalls to deal with customers quickly.

Nope, I, and I suspect many spectators like me won't even bother trying.

The pity is, it's Hearts who miss out on the much needed extra revenue, simply because of the poor quality of staff they employ.

And don`t even try to but a cup of tea without milk. You can`t. Its impossible apparently the mlk is in the tea bag that they use. My mate tried to buy a cuppa yesterday and stood for about 5 mins trying to explain to the young lassie that all he wanted was black tea. !!

If they know this is the case, then they don't they bring a pie or something to work? Then eat it on the way?

Or get something to eat after the game?

Christ, some people will moan about anything.

and some people will argue about anything....

jambos are go!
The bottom line is that Hearts are missing a huge opportunity to generate extra income, purely because of the way food and drink is sold at Tynie.

The old stand isn't the only one where there is a problem.

The food outlets in the Gorgie Stand, and also the Wheatfield I suspect, are very poorly and inefficiently run.

As much as I may like a pie and a drink at half time, I would never waste my time even trying to get served.

What's the point, when you either have to get in the queue before the half time whistle, or you accept that you are very likely to miss the start of the 2nd half ?

There is never any urgency by the personnel in any of the food stalls to deal with customers quickly.

Nope, I, and I suspect many spectators like me won't even bother trying.

The pity is, it's Hearts who miss out on the much needed extra revenue, simply because of the poor quality of staff they employ.

As I understand it the food trade at Tynecastle is sold to the highest bidder(Sodexho?) on a contract for a set number of seasons. The amount of the actual sales does not affect Hearts other than impact on the next bidding round.

went to get a coke before KO in the main stand, clearly advertised on the shiny new signs, "sorry we dont sell them here"

then i ended up with a ribena one of them turns to the other and says i could do wi 1 myself, ill just say it burst and helped himself, rates will be gettin higher caus those little ribena stealings midgets!!!!!!!!!!

It's simple, I'll speak to George;) I'll see what I can do. Besides that punters want to realise it's contract catering not HMFC;)

In a study,it was found that over fifty per cent of British banknotes had traces of cocaine.Take your mind off the taste of the pies,I suppose.:rolleyes:

Lies, dammed lies and statistics.

It's 80% of all notes in circulation on the planet have got bugle traces.

hi all

i was the supervisor in the pie stall that you were @ in the main stand i am new to my job i was on tills b4 hand so it was a difficult day we sold over 300 pies its not normally that amount.

please be paitent

our bosses have had words

expect better service and as you can see the stalls are tiny and we can only fit 2 people in if theres 3 people its just crammed and things just get hetic

be calm the staff have been fully trained and experienced staff have been placed in the busy pie stalls

thanks for your co - operation

Lisa McBrierty

kiosk supervisor

heart of midlothian football stadium

Archived