SNP break yet another promise

Therapist

This time on policing. :sad: :sad:

Promised an extra 150 officers by April and are 53 short of that target.

I hope all the braveheart-brained diddies who inflicted this shoddy bunch of jokers on us are suitably embarrassed and won't vote for them again.

I hope all the braveheart-brained diddies who inflicted this shoddy bunch of jokers on us are suitably embarrassed and won't vote for them again.

And it is going to get worse. There was a huge influx of police officers in 1979 following a vast improvement in pay and conditions. Most of them will retire next year, so as well as the extra recruits they have promised they have to backfill in huge numbers.

To be fair to them, there have been recruitment campaigns on the go, it's not their fault that no one wants to join the police force.

brellierlegend

Therapist. What are the options in Scotland though? You keep coming on spouting about the SNP and their broken promises but Labour broke a hell of a lot more.

Labour are the only alternative so whilst I do not want to be Independant I would prefer the SNP than that shower of ****!

As a tory I accepted a long time ago that in Scotland we will have to put up with one or the other. I hate labour with a passion so it may aswell be them.

Looks like someone's really hurting at having cast his vote for the political wing of Celtic Football Club, aka New Labour, in the last election.

What are the options in Scotland though?

I don't know. It's certainly not Labour in its current form - Leginten's description of them is accurate unfortunately. :mad:

I'm just extremely disappointed the opposition seems incapable of capitalising on the SNP's ridiculous "wha's like us" politics and series of broken electoral promises.

monkfish1979

To be fair, the SNP don't control the police force or their recruitment sector. Funds may have been made available, but the college can admit only so many trainees (from all the Scottish forces) at one time - then they have to be there for 4 months.

Professor.Arturo
To be fair, the SNP don't control the police force or their recruitment sector. Funds may have been made available, but the college can admit only so many trainees (from all the Scottish forces) at one time - then they have to be there for 4 months.

Now now, dont let truth and common sense get in the way of Therapists hatred of Alex Salmond and the SNP.

I'm sure he spends every waking hour trawling the net for anything he can gripe at the SNP.

Lets bring back the liar Jackass McConnell woopee doo!

Nothing to do with the SNP if the calibre of officer isn't available and they keep their election promise to provide funding for 150 extra officers :-

"A spokesman for the Scottish Government last night insisted that ministers had met their side of the bargain by handing ?579,000 ? as promised ? to Scotland's eight forces to pay for the initial recruitment stage.

He said any shortfall in actual numbers was due to the decisions of individual chief constables who have operational command over their individual areas. "We undertook to deliver 150 additional officers in 2007-8 and that is what we did. The number of officers recruited by the forces themselves and decisions on how many to recruit are strictly a matter for individual chief constables," he said.

Tayside Police last night admitted that it had spent the cash into other areas. :eek:Some of the funding was spent taking officers from other Scottish forces to boost their numbers.

Recruitment manager Paul Cairnie said:

"We didn't need half as many (recruits] that we thought at first. :confused:We also took six transferees from other forces which allows us to get officers on the beat a lot quicker. They are new officers to us."

The Association of Chief Police Officers in Scotland suggested forces might not have been able to find enough officers of the right calibre. A spokesman claimed many fail basic language, maths and fitness tests, are too young, too old or have only recently moved to the UK.:eek:

He said: "Some applicants will not complete this rigorous process; hence, the number of probationary officers who end up attending the college may be lower than projected."

A spokesman for the Scottish Government last night insisted that ministers had met their side of the bargain by handing ?579,000 ? as promised ? to Scotland's eight forces to pay for the initial recruitment stage.

They would say that, wouldn't they. :rolleyes:

And even if they did hand over the money, it's up to the SNP government to ensure the money is spent properly and in a timely manner. Shifting the blame onto someone else is not an option, although that's typical of the SNP. :mad:

They would say that, wouldn't they. :rolleyes:

And even if they did hand over the money, it's up to the SNP government to ensure the money is spent properly and in a timely manner. Shifting the blame onto someone else is not an option, although that's typical of the SNP. :mad:

:rolleyes:......."The number of officers recruited by the forces themselves and decisions on how many to recruit are strictly a matter for individual chief constables,"

Not sure exactly what SOS have against the SNP but they must have been shafted big time in the past fot them to show such bitterness towards the nations favourite party.

:rolleyes:......."The number of officers recruited by the forces themselves and decisions on how many to recruit are strictly a matter for individual chief constables,"

They would say that, wouldn't they. Let me get this straight. The SNP hand over dosh - our money - to the council/police for a specific purpose then walk away from ensuring it is used for that purpose. They cannot and should not be able to wash their hands of it in this manner. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

They would say that, wouldn't they. Let me get this straight. The SNP hand over dosh - our money - to the council/police for a specific purpose then walk away from ensuring it is used for that purpose. They cannot and should not be able to wash their hands of it in this manner. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree with you, a bit, on this one. :rolleyes:

Making promises that you then find you don't have the specific powers to deliver is not clever.

How do the SNP improve the nations fitness, maths and language at a stroke, so that the calibre of new recruits are available ?

I agree with you, a bit, on this one. :rolleyes:

Making promises that you then find you don't have the specific powers to deliver is not clever.

They promised to set out plans in their first budget for 1000 more police and encourage chief constables to focus resources on community policing.

They've done exactly that so far.

Most of the negative press on the SNP seems to come from Therapist & Scotsman publications. I asked what the SNP had done to upset The Scotsman so much.

Anyone know ?

How do the SNP improve the nations fitness, maths and language at a stroke, so that the calibre of new recruits are available ?

Despite the state of Scotland's health and education systems - which are also the responsibility of the SNP btw - I'm struggling to believe there aren't a further 53 credible candidates out there. :rolleyes:

They promised to set out plans in their first budget for 1000 more police and encourage chief constables to focus resources on community policing.

They've done exactly that so far.

Most of the negative press on the SNP seems to come from Therapist & Scotsman publications. I asked what the SNP had done to upset The Scotsman so much.

Anyone know ?

The Scotsman is very anti-SNP.

Despite the state of Scotland's health and education systems - which are also the responsibility of the SNP btw - I'm struggling to believe there aren't a further 53 credible candidates out there. :rolleyes:

The state of Scotland's health and education systems are indeed the responsibility of the Scottish Government but I think the SNP ( or anyone ) may need a bit more than a year to fix that lot. :)

coppercrutch

So why are they making promises based on the premise that they do....:rolleyes:

The state of Scotland's health and education systems are indeed the responsibility of the Scottish Government but I think the SNP ( or anyone ) may need a bit more than a year to fix that lot. :)

Also these were inherited from the previous government, just like Brown inherited a pile o Sheeit from Blair.

coppercrutch
Also these were inherited from the previous government, just like Brown inherited a pile o Sheeit from Blair.

Indeed, just like Brown inherited a pile of poo economy from...

Achh.........:)

So why are they making promises based on the premise that they do....:rolleyes:

They're not.

Unless you believe The Scotsman.

What they promised is to put the budget in place for 1000 extra officers, which is exactly what they've done.

I asked if anyone knew what the SNP had done to upset Scotsman Publications so much...still none the wiser.:confused:

QUOTE]

Then why make an election promise of 150 officers without consulting the forces to see how many recruits they actually required?

Also why did the SNP TWICE stand up in parliament and say that the 150 HAD been recruited when in fact only 2 thirds had??

coppercrutch
They're not.

Unless you believe The Scotsman.

What they promised is to put the budget in place for 1000 extra officers, which is exactly what they've done.

I asked if anyone knew what the SNP had done to upset Scotsman Publications so much...still none the wiser.:confused:

Better let the BBC know they have deliberately misquoted Salmond then...:rolleyes:

Mr Salmond said plans for police recruitment would be set out in the 14 November budget, adding: "We will deliver an additional 1,000 police officers in our communities through increased recruitment, improved retention and redeployment.

"As soon as we recruit the first police officer, that will be one more than the Labour Party promised in the election campaign."

Funny that, his quote gives the VERY REAL IMPRESSION that it would be up to the Government to recruit these people. Very keen on using the word 'we' when he is lining up plaudits. Very keen on shifting the responsibility onto 'them' when these plaudits turn into ****e.

End of debate.

:)

Also why did the SNP TWICE stand up in parliament and say that the 150 HAD been recruited when in fact only 2 thirds had??

They can get away with behaviour like this because the vast majority of the SNP voters are brain dead and care only about the possibility of getting a kitsch tartan-bedecked anti-English utopia. They will forgive any number of gaffes while the SNP continue to spout their racist pesh.

Not sure exactly what SOS have against the SNP but they must have been shafted big time in the past fot them to show such bitterness towards the nations favourite party.

That is not strictly true. The chief Constable is accountable to the local authority police board.

For example Lothian and Borders Police Board is the police authority for the South East of Scotland. The Police Board is made up of 18 Councillors drawn from across the Lothian and Borders area.

Its main responsibilities are to:

* work with the Chief Constable and hold him/her to account for the policing of the area

* set the budget for the force and provide the Chief Constable with resources

* appoint officers of the rank of Assistant Chief Constable, Deputy Chief Constable and Chief Constable

* ensure best value is secured.

It's an excellent question. Scotsman Publications has made itself look incredibly small-minded since the SNP came to power with its often misleading and provocative headlines and its desperate attempts to ignore or defend the gaffes and corruption of the Labour party.

It's all a far cry from the late 1970s, when The Scotsman was desperate for the referendum to succeed so that it could position itself as a paper that was more than just "regional" in portfolio.

A bad case of the Cringe, I fear.

coppercrutch

The Scotsman is a rag of a paper these days. They have serious agendas, which all papers have but they take to to stupid levels. I agree their stories on the SNP are totally biased. I dislike the SNP and even I can say that. They also have a ridiculous attitude to most things relating to Scotland's economy or housing market.

When it comes to this story however they appear to be pretty much spot on.

The SNP have been shown up - again.

Better let the BBC know they have deliberately misquoted Salmond then...:rolleyes:

Mr Salmond said plans for police recruitment would be set out in the 14 November budget, adding: "We will deliver an additional 1,000 police officers in our communities through increased recruitment, improved retention and redeployment.

"As soon as we recruit the first police officer, that will be one more than the Labour Party promised in the election campaign."

Funny that, his quote gives the VERY REAL IMPRESSION that it would be up to the Government to recruit these people. Very keen on using the word 'we' when he is lining up plaudits. Very keen on shifting the responsibility onto 'them' when these plaudits turn into ****e.

End of debate.

:)

Except the SNP or governments don't actually do the recruiting, they simply put the policies and budgets in place.

End of debate now. :)

Miller Jambo 60

So im a diddie rather go for SNP than LIAR BROWN .

Brown has got nowt and the ENGLISH TORIES are going to come in.

Was a labour man for years but the NHS is goosed with ANDY KERR another waste of space .

Bring in the SCOTS.

That is not strictly true. The chief Constable is accountable to the local authority police board.

For example Lothian and Borders Police Board is the police authority for the South East of Scotland. The Police Board is made up of 18 Councillors drawn from across the Lothian and Borders area.

Its main responsibilities are to:

* work with the Chief Constable and hold him/her to account for the policing of the area

* set the budget for the force and provide the Chief Constable with resources

* appoint officers of the rank of Assistant Chief Constable, Deputy Chief Constable and Chief Constable

* ensure best value is secured.

Recruitement and staffing levels are left to each individual force, NOT the Police Board; so the government spokesman's quote is correct.

Even if the Boards did influence staffing, if you take SE Scotland's Board as an example - only 5 of the 18 members are SNP councillors..

Lib Dems hold the majority so should we blame them for breaking staff level promises ?

Recruitement and staffing levels are left to each individual force, NOT the Police Board; so the government spokesman's quote is correct.

Even if the Boards did influence staffing, if you take SE Scotland's Board as an example - only 5 of the 18 members are SNP councillors..

Lib Dems hold the majority so should we blame them for breaking staff level promises ?

The Chief Constable is on a fixed term contract. If he does not follow the whims of local and national politicians he will find himself out of a job.

Responsibility for the police service in Scotland is shared between the Scottish Ministers, chief constables and the police authorities. Scottish Ministers retain overall responsibility for national policing policy and set the legal and financial framework for the police service across Scotland.

Police Authorities are responsible for setting police budgets.

Chief Constables are responsible for the operational aspects of policing within their force areas. So yes they do make their own operational decisions, but will almost always go with national policy.

Sorry no can do that contravenes para1 subsection 2 of the preassigned therapist/cc policy on facts FACT end of debate!

Do I get extra points for closing threads?:hae36:

coppercrutch
Except the SNP or governments don't actually do the recruiting, they simply put the policies and budgets in place.

End of debate now. :)

"As soon as we recruit the first police officer" - Alex Salmond

Please stop making your self look foolish. :P

Nothing more embarrassing than someone simply unable to admit defeat in a debate.

Salmond has made himself look like a knob yet again.

I would have so much more respect for SNP voters if they had the simple decency to admit these things. It is almost like you have all been brainwashed. :eek:

I vote Tory - but I can also say that Cameron can be a complete knob a lot of the time.

I have NEVER heard anyone who votes the SNP saying the same about Salmond. Even though he is clearly a grade 'A' tool.

coppercrutch
Sorry no can do that contravenes para1 subsection 2 of the preassigned therapist/cc policy on facts FACT end of debate!

Do I get extra points for closing threads?:hae36:

See post above. Unless you can prove Salmond has been misquoted you are 100% wrong.

Again would be nice for an SNP supporter to actually live in the real World and admit their leader can **** up on occasion..

Labour are soooo much more trustworthy.

I mean, how many SNP party leaders have been forced to resign due to dishonesty/scandal?

coppercrutch
Labour are soooo much more trustworthy.

I mean, how many SNP party leaders have been forced to resign due to dishonesty/scandal?

This has nothing to do with Labour. Just because Labour are useless does not make it ok for the SNP to also be useless.

We have SHOWN with quotes above that at the very least Salmond was talking **** about his role in the recruiting Police. At worst he made a promise he failed to keep. Either way he ****ed up.

Now all we need is about 3 people on this thread to accept that and admit their glorious leader failed them on this occasion.

Otherwise there is no point having debates with them as they clearly are brainwashed by the SNP.

Over to you guys.

And it is going to get worse. There was a huge influx of police officers in 1979 following a vast improvement in pay and conditions. Most of them will retire next year, so as well as the extra recruits they have promised they have to backfill in huge numbers.

I wonder why that happened as soon as the Tories got power.

Please stop making your self look foolish. :P

I know you hate the SNP..I know you think it's riddled with shortbread tin nostalgia and I guess your vitriol's understandable if you actually believe Alex Salmond recruits police officers. :24_shocked:

I wonder why that happened as soon as the Tories got power.

In actual fact it was Callaghan's labour party who gave the police a 17% pay rise before they lost the election. The Tories then gave a 27% pay rise once in power.

Prior to these pay rises the police couldn't recruit anybody as you got paid more as a tradesman.

The same thing is happening again, the police cant recruit the amount they like as the pay and conditions are poor compared to tradesmen. Ask Eddie Fenwick, he is on about ?40,000 for throwing cement on a wall. ;)

See post above. Unless you can prove Salmond has been misquoted you are 100% wrong.

Again would be nice for an SNP supporter to actually live in the real World and admit their leader can **** up on occasion..

So I have to assume that I am now an SNP supporter and do not live in the real world because you are the only arbitrator of FACTS and I now have to prove the opposite of your point or you will claim victory?

Somehow I don't think you are applying your own standards for others to yourself.

If you read my post it was a humorous quote of Das hodge's saying he couldn't close it due to your closed stance on any arguement and nothing at all to do with politics.

Subtitles for the hard of understanding

THE ONLY POLITICIAN I HAVE EVER TRULY TRUSTED IN MY WHOLE LIFE I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH RIGHT FROM AGE 5.HE LIVED IN SLEIGH DRIVE AND AS A LOCAL COUNCILLOR IF YOU REPORTED A PROBLEM IN YOUR STREET THERE WAS EVERY CHANCE IT WOULD BE FIXED. SLEIGH DRIVE WAS NOT BETTER MAINTAINED THAN ANY OF THE SURROUNDING STREETS . THIS CHAP WENT ON TO BE A LEADER IN EDC BUT WAS FORCED TO RESIGN WHEN HE WENT ON A 3 MONTH PAID FACT FINDING TRIP TO SOUTH AFRICA DURING APARTHEID(QUELL SURPRISE A POLITICIAN WITH HIS NOSE IN THE TROUGH). HE WAS ALSO INVOVED IN ALL THE GAY SCANDALS IN THE SCOTTISH TORY PARTY IN THE 80'S.HE HAD A NICKNAME AT SCHOOL WHICH IS NON PC BUT DID REFERENCE HIS SEXUAL PREFERENCE.

This politician, did he go to Royal High School and did his surname begin with an "M"?

coppercrutch

I know you hate the SNP..I know you think it's riddled with shortbread tin nostalgia and I guess your vitriol's understandable if you actually believe Alex Salmond recruits police officers. :24_shocked:

Can someone please point out the obvious to Das Hodge ? His brainwashing by the SNP has gone a little far I reckon.

OK Das Hodge - I will try it again.

IT IS NOT ME WHO THINKS SALMOND RECRUITS POLICE OFFICERS - IT IS SALMOND. HE SAID IT HIMSELF

So you are actually arguing with yourself. Get it yet ? :eek:

Really a 3 year old could understand this. I doubt you are as simple as that so I will just put it down to the brainwashing.

coppercrutch
So I have to assume that I am now an SNP supporter and do not live in the real world because you are the only arbitrator of FACTS and I now have to prove the opposite of your point or you will claim victory?

Somehow I don't think you are applying your own standards for others to yourself.

If you read my post it was a humorous quote of Das hodge's saying he couldn't close it due to your closed stance on any arguement and nothing at all to do with politics.

Subtitles for the hard of understanding

THE ONLY POLITICIAN I HAVE EVER TRULY TRUSTED IN MY WHOLE LIFE I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH RIGHT FROM AGE 5.HE LIVED IN SLEIGH DRIVE AND AS A LOCAL COUNCILLOR IF YOU REPORTED A PROBLEM IN YOUR STREET THERE WAS EVERY CHANCE IT WOULD BE FIXED. SLEIGH DRIVE WAS NOT BETTER MAINTAINED THAN ANY OF THE SURROUNDING STREETS . THIS CHAP WENT ON TO BE A LEADER IN EDC BUT WAS FORCED TO RESIGN WHEN HE WENT ON A 3 MONTH PAID FACT FINDING TRIP TO SOUTH AFRICA DURING APARTHEID(QUELL SURPRISE A POLITICIAN WITH HIS NOSE IN THE TROUGH). HE WAS ALSO INVOVED IN ALL THE GAY SCANDALS IN THE SCOTTISH TORY PARTY IN THE 80'S.HE HAD A NICKNAME AT SCHOOL WHICH IS NON PC BUT DID REFERENCE HIS SEXUAL PREFERENCE.

Prozac is nice. ;)

If I called you an SNP supporter and you are not I fully apologise. That is a horrific thing to accuse anyone of being. :eek:

Anyway spill the beans about the chap you mention above. Sounds interesting !!

Can someone please point out the obvious to Das Hodge ? His brainwashing by the SNP has gone a little far I reckon.

OK Das Hodge - I will try it again.

IT IS NOT ME WHO THINKS SALMOND RECRUITS POLICE OFFICERS - IT IS SALMOND. HE SAID IT HIMSELF

So you are actually arguing with yourself. Get it yet ? :eek:

Really a 3 year old could understand this. I doubt you are as simple as that so I will just put it down to the brainwashing.

I would rather you pointed out the obvious CC.

Tell me how it's Alex Salmond's fault that Police Commissioners cannot fill the 150 new recruit slots programmed in their 1000 new officer manifesto target .:confused:

coppercrutch
I would rather you pointed out the obvious CC.

Tell me how it's Alex Salmond's fault that Police Commissioners cannot fill the 150 new recruit slots programmed in their 1000 new officer manifesto target .:confused:

I never said it was. The fact is he said he would do it. He has not. He should either come out and state that he should have worded his initial pledge differently - or admit that he made a promise he could never keep.

Either way he has ****ed up. He should at least admit that. People **** up all the time. No big deal.

However going by his previous I imagine he will simply slink into denial/deflection mode.

Not exactly unusual for a politician. :cool:

The same thing is happening again, the police cant recruit the amount they like as the pay and conditions are poor compared to tradesmen. Ask Eddie Fenwick, he is on about ?40,000 for throwing cement on a wall. ;)

Has Eddie taken a pay cut :whistling:

Miller Jambo 60
Has Eddie taken a pay cut :whistling:

Edinburgh is full of COUNCIL tubes that are not worth a suck.

1 EAST CRAIGS no supermarket but the great PAUL EDDIE moans about HOUSES.

Sorry i want bread.

GORGIE have 4 markets East craigs 0

LABOUR OUT SNP IN.

Dougie not happy:slither::slither:

Archived