Todays Attendance

Italian Lambretta

Italian Lambretta

Don't want to put a dampner on a very good win today, but I thought the Attendance was very poor.

Just over 13K today and 14K at the first game of the season.:sad:

I think their has been to much damage done over the last 6 months that is now showing in the attendance figures.

Hopefully it will pick uo and go back to last years figures once everyone realises its a newish team and new beginning for everyone connected with the club.

If it doesn't pick up then the Ugly Sisters will be letting us know about it:mad:

Guest jambomickey
Don't want to put a dampner on a very good win today, but I thought the Attendance was very poor.

Just over 13K today and 14K at the first game of the season.:sad:

I think their has been to much damage done over the last 6 months that is now showing in the attendance figures.

Hopefully it will pick uo and go back to last years figures once everyone realises its a newish team and new beginning for everyone connected with the club.

If it doesn't pick up then the Ugly Sisters will be letting us know about it:mad:

people are voting with there feet! as i've said many times i support hearts but i hate mad vlad

I think we are just going to have to get used to lower crowds everywhere as the credit crunch takes its toll. Folk dont have the money to spare anymore and I expect a really poor crowd for the midweek game against Airdrie when ST are not valid. If its any consolation its not just Hearts who's crowds are down. Hibs only got just over 12000 last week against a Falkirk side with a good travelling support.

I think we may have sold about the same if not, more than last week*, St Mirren had a lot less fans than Motherwell had and it looked like there was less empty seats in the Hearts ends.

*I mean 2 weeks ago.

Not suprising IMO. People, including myself still do not trust Vlad. I personally still go to games because I love the whole day from getting up in the morning to going for a few scoops after the game, and I aint gonna some Russian manaic ruin it for me. That being said i understand why the attendances have dropped. This will continue to be the case until there is a sustained period of normality and a good product on the park and the stay aways are well within their rights...

people are voting with there feet! as i've said many times i support hearts but i hate mad vlad

5 years ago we would have been lucky to get 10k against the st.mirrens

or motherwells.

Quite a lot of people still not convinced that we're going anywhere good.

String a few results together in the next few weeks and we'll be full again.

Thunderstruck

I can confidently predict it will be nearly another month before we exceed that attendance at Tynecastle in SPL.

Vlad due to his continuous (alleged) outbursts at trusted & respected players has made a rod for his own back.

It will take a lot of hard work by the Club to get the fans respect back.

I for one would recommend NOT publicly humiliating players, & trying to justify it.

The fans will take a lot, but they are not idiots (OK, Hibs fans are).

Toxteth O'Grady

It's your/there loss, we played very well today and will keep getting better as the players adapt to Csabas system

I predict sell outs again before long

to be fair section A for the corprate was almost completely empty and st midden only broughr full a handfull of weegies to cheer them on. But after last season i think many supporters have had enough with vlad.

heartsfc_fan

I think that despite there only being just over 13K at the game, it was still a decent atmosphere.

Got to consider a few people are still on holiday this time of year, and it was ONLY St Mirren...

...couple of years ago 13K against the 'smaller' teams never happened.

Ron Burgundy
The atmosphere is a lot better without the fair weather support IMO.

I would agree with that.There are a couple of torn faced old gits who have not renewed beside me this year and it is far better atmosphere this year than having to listen to their p1sh all season.

I would agree with that.There are a couple of torn faced old gits who have not renewed beside me this year and it is far better atmosphere this year than having to listen to their p1sh all season.

****in A.

The atmosphere is a lot better without the fair weather support IMO.

The what? There was no noise until they scored.

I think that despite there only being just over 13K at the game, it was still a decent atmosphere.

Got to consider a few people are still on holiday this time of year, and it was ONLY St Mirren...

...couple of years ago 13K against the 'smaller' teams never happened.

Sorry buddy but maybe cause I'm older recall 7/8K making a lot more noise than the **** poor effort today.

Guest JamboRobbo

Our drop in crowds is down to the credit crunch? I've heard it all now. :rofl:

Vlads blown it with some fans, it'll take him a good while to win those people back.

Until then, people better get used to the lower crowds IMO

Clerry Jambo
Our drop in crowds is down to the credit crunch? I've heard it all now. :rofl:

Vlads blown it with some fans, it'll take him a good while to win those people back.

Until then, people better get used to the lower crowds IMO

Totally agree JR, was just saying the exact same thing yesterday.

Romanov is totally to blame for this:mad: and unless we can keep in the top 6we'll be heading back to the 9-10k crowds again which is a real shame:eek:

Guest JamboRobbo
Totally agree JR, was just saying the exact same thing yesterday.

Romanov is totally to blame for this:mad: and unless we can keep in the top 6we'll be heading back to the 9-10k crowds again which is a real shame:eek:

Thats why it was so frustrating for me the past couple of years. Because he had an opportunity he's unlikely to get again in a long time. People believed in him, and the sell out crowds proved it.

He blew it big time, and it takes a long time to regain trust, and I doubt the "belief" will ever come back for some whilst Vlad still owns the club.

Charlie-Brown
Thats why it was so frustrating for me the past couple of years. Because he had an opportunity he's unlikely to get again in a long time. People believed in him, and the sell out crowds proved it.

He blew it big time, and it takes a long time to regain trust, and I doubt the "belief" will ever come back for some whilst Vlad still owns the club.

If the team continue to play good football and win games then most of them will be back before too long.

Guest JamboRobbo
If the team continue to play good football and win games then most of them will be back before too long.

Some will, some won't, but that belief that Vlad is the man who can make things different (i.e. make the leap to challenge OF) will pretty much never return IMO. He had his chance, and he blew it big time.

I think that as the team adapts, plays better football (we are getting there) and gets decent results the crowds will rise again I am sure.

Of course Vlad hasn't helped and there is mistrust, but if the team are playing well and getting the results then they will return despite that.

As for the atmosphere, I thought section G made a fair bit of noise and tried to keep vocal. Was pretty good effort from them.

Thunderstruck

So, what will it take to make you go back to Tynecastle?

Guest JamboRobbo
So, what will it take to make you go back to Tynecastle?

What will it take for you to go?

For me, it will take a game to be on. I have a ST as usual.

our crowds are down because of vlad last season not because of credit cards or fuel price increase some people had enough im still there

To be honest, the actual paying attendance has probably been like this since January at least. Attendance numbers were increased by a good 1000-2000 a week by the free tickets that were given to kids and parents in the last half of the last season.

And what is going on with the hospitality? Thats two home games now where section A has looked completely empty.

Charlie-Brown
Some will, some won't, but that belief that Vlad is the man who can make things different (i.e. make the leap to challenge OF) will pretty much never return IMO. He had his chance, and he blew it big time.

People's opinion of Vlad is irrelevant - if Hearts are winning most weeks and playing decent football then it won't be long until we get close to sell out most weeks - the crowd yesterday was still better than it was in Levein's time when Pressley etc were getting third place.

ToadKiller Dog

How 13,500 can be seen as a negative after last season i dont know .

Maybe those who said they were not getting a ST but would pick and choose are only picking the big games which would be no suprise .

I am sure if we go on a good run the half season ticket will sell.

Glad I wont have to worry about my fester road derby ticket.

Guest JamboRobbo
People's opinion of Vlad is irrelevant - if Hearts are winning most weeks and playing decent football then it won't be long until we get close to sell out most weeks - the crowd yesterday was still better than it was in Levein's time when Pressley etc were getting third place.

You're entitled to your opinion. As usual, I think your completely wrong. Little point arguing over it.

Charlie-Brown
You're entitled to your opinion. As usual, I think your completely wrong. Little point arguing over it.

The reason the crowds are lower is that for the best part of 2 seasons we played some rotten football and it wasn't enjoyable to watch - if the team continues to play good football and wins then a lot / most of these fans will come back - afterall it's the football that we pay to see. :rolleyes:

Generic Username

The credit crunch?

Wasn't that what the Hobo's were using as an excuse for 13 or 14 people turning up to watch Barca - that and the fact they had a hot date with a relative on the same night.

A few have already touched on it. People are voting with their feet.

Things were rancid last year, and as is these persons rights, they won't come back until things change for the better.

Personally I believe things ARE getting better but it's a long way from being perfect or whatever you'd like it to be.

No doubt with a few more wins under our belts and the team continuing to play like they are, the numbers will creep back up again. May not be till the midway point or possibly the tail end of this season before we start to see full houses week in week out again.

Clerry Jambo

Again spot on JR ( this is not a love-in honest! )

99.9% of us believed that after the first season under Romanov, that this could now be the time for Hearts to get to the next level with the guys supposed financial backing.

Unfortunately we were wrong.

Guest JamboRobbo
The reason the crowds are lower is that for the best part of 2 seasons we played some rotten football and it wasn't enjoyable to watch - if the team continues to play good football and wins then a lot / most of these fans will come back - afterall it's the football that we pay to see. :rolleyes:

Ah, so you're gonna argue about it anyway. Shock horror.

You're missing the point. He'd gotten off to a flyer his first year in charge. People believed in him. Believed he could change things. Folks who only go a few times a year, bought ST's, believing something was different. He's blown it now. You only get a first chance once. He'll never get that chance again with many people.

Guest JamboRobbo
Again spot on JR ( this is not a love-in honest! )

99.9% of us believed that after the first season under Romanov, that this could now be the time for Hearts to get to the next level with the guys supposed financial backing.

Unfortunately we were wrong.

Exactly. Gonna explain that to NMH for me, cause I cannie be bothered doing it again.

Thunderstruck
What will it take for you to go?

For me, it will take a game to be on. I have a ST as usual.

So your anti-Vlad rhetoric is just that; rhetoric. You clearly haven't translated your animosity to all things associated with Vlad into some more tangible form of protest.

To be honest, the actual paying attendance has probably been like this since January at least. Attendance numbers were increased by a good 1000-2000 a week by the free tickets that were given to kids and parents in the last half of the last season.

And what is going on with the hospitality? Thats two home games now where section A has looked completely empty.

I was in the corporate lounge myself .............just 12 tables with I reckon half a dozen people maximum at each :sad:

That could well be down to the credit crunch but you'd probably have to see

how the other clubs are performing on the same front to be sure.

Charlie-Brown
Ah, so you're gonna argue about it anyway. Shock horror.

You're missing the point. He'd gotten off to a flyer his first year in charge. People believed in him. Believed he could change things. You only get a first chance once. He's blown it now. He'll never get that chance again with many people.

Fair enough on that point but that isn't going to stop Hearts fans coming to watch the team if they are winning games and playing good football - our crowds are still at a reasonably high level especially compared with most of Jefferies & Levein's time so if fans start seeing that the team is doing quite well then they will start to come back - it's the quality of football that matters most not Romanov.

I know a few guys who aren't going back because they've had it with the way things have happened over the last couple of seasons and I also know a couple who are saying that its too expensive.

One of my mates paid ?28 plus a booking fee to sit up beside me in Section C for the Motherwell game.

Over ?30 for a game against Motherwell ??? Ridiculous.

ToadKiller Dog

The Majority of active hearts fans clearly do not base there support on the bleathers of the clubs owner thats why there still was a decent support of 13,500 at the game .the less active support maybe but they will be falling over themselves for tickets if we have a good big cup run,thats life ,Those usuals arguing its all Vlad have a bit of a point but asusual well overboard with it.

Guest JamboRobbo
So your anti-Vlad rhetoric is just that; rhetoric. You clearly haven't translated your animosity to all things associated with Vlad into some more tangible form of protest.

If you're suggesting that being able to distinguish between Vlad and Hearts, and buying my ST and supporting Hearts whilst thinking the owner has made a great big mess of things, is some sort of crime, then I plead guilty.

Having a dig at me for having a ST and going to games? Posts like that make me wonder what planet some people or on in this forum.

Clerry Jambo
Exactly. Gonna explain that to NMH for me, cause I cannie be bothered doing it again.

I was a bit like NMH at one point where I really believed Romanov COULD HAVE been the man to really take us forward and put in a real challenge to the Old Firm who in my opinion where very average sides and genuinely there to be taken on.

As you said JR what a dream of a first season but more importantly what a platform to start building up the club - as in sell outs most weeks - along with all the great initiatives that are currently happening off the pitch and which the club should be proud off.............BUT we get a "white knight" who is far up his backside and look where we are now:mad:

PS Going back to the Old Firm -I fear they will now leave the rest of us further behind after getting that wee bit closer.

Guest JamboRobbo
I was a bit like NMH at one point where I really believed Romanov COULD HAVE been the man to really take us forward and put in a real challenge to the Old Firm who in my opinion where very average sides and genuinely there to be taken on.

Me to mate, me too. Like many many others.

Guest Fabuloso

I think many of the fans I've spoken with feel that it's up to the club to repay them for the support they've given over the last couple of seasons. Time after time the fans have supported the club - often unreasonably in my view. I can stomach watching a poor team every week and have done for many years however I can't handle a team performing poorly for all the wrong reasons. It breaks your heart.

For this reason I won't be back in a hurry.

Charlie-Brown
I think many of the fans I've spoken with feel that it's up to the club to repay them for the support they've given over the last couple of seasons. Time after time the fans have supported the club - often unreasonably in my view. I can stomach watching a poor team every week and have done for many years however I can't handle a team performing poorly for all the wrong reasons. It breaks your heart.

Nice first post - how are things at Easter Road?

I know a few guys who feel exactly the same as you mate, although one of them went and renewed on Friday.

They still charged him full price as well :rolleyes:

ToadKiller Dog

We are not watching a poor side at the moments we are watching the beginnings of Csabas side which hopefully will develop into a decent side capable of doing something,

I am happy to be there at the start of Csabas reign just as i will likely be there at the end which i hope is far off in the future .

If someone is not willing to give the team they support the chance to try again they are better off not coming back .

Just dont get the concept of glory hunting.

Archived