Today, my best friend went to Parkhead for the first time (NHC)

shaun.lawson

shaun.lawson

Her boyfriend is a Celtic fan, they're up in Glasgow for the long weekend, so he decided to take her to watch his other true love - at Paradise, home of TGFITW. So, did she enjoy herself? Here's a few of her text messages sent during the game:

"Now in stadium. Feeling slightly sorry for opponents, as they are so clearly the underdog. Have only got one twentieth of stadium with fans. But Calum got angry when I said I might shout for them. He said I would get kicked out".

"I don't like this. But I think Calum is taking this rather personal".

"I didn't see the goal properly. But I am not really enjoying this. I say that it is a shame the police need to be present. And he says I don't get it. And I say I do, but I don't get why people would need to start fights".

"Next time I will go with you to see Norwich and we can eat in Delia's restaurant".

I must say I'm proud of her. Julia's not a bona fide football fan, but she does at least understand the game, and watches most matches at major tournaments - and it took her barely minutes to see what we all know and love about the place, not to mention the iniquitous joke that is Scottish football. I told her she should try being an away fan at Celtic - but if you bear in mind they were only playing Falkirk, and most fans were probably half asleep, it says it all about what a welcoming place it clearly is. Congratulations, Celtic FC: another satisfied customer...

PS. Oh, by the way: Celtic's first goal came from a probable handball in the buildup. Shockeroonie!

Her boyfriend is a Celtic fan, they're up in Glasgow for the long weekend, so he decided to take her to watch his other true love - at Paradise, home of TGFITW. So, did she enjoy herself? Here's a few of her text messages sent during the game:

"Now in stadium. Feeling slightly sorry for opponents, as they are so clearly the underdog. Have only got one twentieth of stadium with fans. But Calum got angry when I said I might shout for them. He said I would get kicked out".

"I don't like this. But I think Calum is taking this rather personal".

"I didn't see the goal properly. But I am not really enjoying this. I say that it is a shame the police need to be present. And he says I don't get it. And I say I do, but I don't get why people would need to start fights".

"Next time I will go with you to see Norwich and we can eat in Delia's restaurant".

I must say I'm proud of her. Julia's not a bona fide football fan, but she does at least understand the game, and watches most matches at major tournaments - and it took her barely minutes to see what we all know and love about the place, not to mention the iniquitous joke that is Scottish football. I told her she should try being an away fan at Celtic - but if you bear in mind they were only playing Falkirk, and most fans were probably half asleep, it says it all about what a welcoming place it clearly is. Congratulations, Celtic FC: another satisfied customer...

PS. Oh, by the way: Celtic's first goal came from a probable handball in the buildup. Shockeroonie!

Look, shes not going to sleep with you. Give it up! jesus.

shaun.lawson
Look, shes not going to sleep with you. Give it up! jesus.

:4_1_72:

shaun.lawson
Only trying to wind you up! :P

Mate, it was only after your post that I re-read it and saw what it looked like! It does look like I'm trying to play them off against each other, which I'm honestly not: I was just amused by her reports, basically.

Crumbs. I feel like I'm in a Woody Allen film. Freud, where are you? I need you, old friend! :biggrin:

Her boyfriend is a Celtic fan

What sort of man has a best chum that's a girl? :confused:

shaun.lawson
What sort of man has a best chum that's a girl? :confused:

This sort of man. :wavey:

This sort of man. :wavey:

Shaun, you must be one of these "new" men. Or a gaylord. ;)

Mods - me and Shaun are bestest cyber chums. I am not anti-gay and if he wants to indulge in that sort of stuff I have no problem and wish him all the best. I am sure Shaun will take it* in the way it's intended.

* My humourous comment. :)

shaun.lawson
Shaun, you must be one of these "new" men. Or a gaylord. ;)

Mods - me and Shaun are bestest cyber chums. I am not anti-gay and if he wants to indulge in that sort of stuff I have no problem and wish him all the best. I am sure Shaun will take it* in the way it's intended.

* My humourous comment. :)

I am indeed a 'new' man, you bestest cyber chum of mine, you. That is to say that I treat women with respect, am in touch with my sensitive side, and am generally quite a caring chap. But needless to say, the boaby is not for me. :)

I am indeed a 'new' man, you bestest cyber chum of mine, you. That is to say that I treat women with respect, am in touch with my sensitive side, and am generally quite a caring chap. But needless to say, the boaby is not for me. :)

OK. Any time you want to visit cyber Edinburgh, you're more than welcome to stay at my cyber house.

Archived