Is Vlad better than Max Clifford at PR

SteveM1874

I am sure i am not the only one who continually gets sucked in every time by Vlad and his yearly PR exercise during the close season.

Apart for being a PR ick The man is a genius. Every year he tells us that things will be different, the club will go forward and the manager will get autonomy for picking the team.

The reality being that we are not beyond week 3 in the season and yet again we find out it is nothing other than a pan full of ****e. With no major signings no sign of anyone coming in other than from Kaunus and team meddling yet again, leaving puppet Csaba to run the sham for another season

Lets face it he has done his job as he has managed to get over 10000 renew their season ticket in anticipation.

We need a stiker, a centre half and a full back - what do we get...... Shock horror a goalie forom Kaunas and a Goalie coach from........... let me guess

He must be pishing himself laughing at us all.

loveofthegame

You could argue its only worked a bit, with a loss of over 3000 ST holders this year from last. If he doesn't get his act together he could lose a lot more for next season. Every supporter, no matter how loyal, has their breaking point.

I am sure i am not the only one who continually gets sucked in every time by Vlad and his yearly PR exercise during the close season.

Apart for being a PR ick The man is a genius. Every year he tells us that things will be different, the club will go forward and the manager will get autonomy for picking the team.

Does he???? Who was the manager he trusted with this task last year?

The reality being that we are not beyond week 3 in the season and yet again we find out it is nothing other than a pan full of ****e.

Whats happened thats proves this is not the case? Just because the club has brought in a qualified GK coach from our feeder club? If so what has that got to do with the picking of the team?

With no major signings no sign of anyone coming in other than from Kaunus and team meddling yet again, leaving puppet Csaba to run the sham for another season

The club, according to the last set of accounts, was well on its way to ?40 million in debt, how much do you think we should spend bringing in players?

Lets face it he has done his job as he has managed to get over 10000 renew their season ticket in anticipation. We need a stiker, a centre half and a full back - what do we get...... Shock horror a goalie forom Kaunas and a Goalie coach from........... let me guess

Did I just imagine Obua and Tullberg signing????

Uh huh, am sure thats what he is doing right now, I think there is more chance of him spending his time in front of the computer playing FM2008.

Does he???? Who was the manager he trusted with this task last year?

Eaxctly - no one would take the job because if the way he conducts himself. Even when Frail was given a post with autonomy allegedly he was clearly a puppet after a few weeks in charge

Whats happened thats proves this is not the case? Just because the club has brought in a qualified GK coach from our feeder club? If so what has that got to do with the picking of the team? Steve Banks is also qualified and seemed a perfectly capable coach when he offered him the post last year. We also had a hungaraian goalie on trial - what happened to him - sent home then we sign the lad from Kaunas swiftly followed by the goalie coach

Both signings have been free and not sure if Tullberg will get 20 goals a season whcih we need - his record suggests not but time will tell.

the only reason we are now in ?40m debt is cause it allows vald to swueeze the club for more shares and full control. If anything is suites him to see us in so much debt.

The reality being that we are not beyond week 3 in the season and yet again we find out it is nothing other than a pan full of ****e. With no major signings no sign of anyone coming in other than from Kaunus and team meddling yet again, leaving puppet Csaba to run the sham for another season

Lets face it he has done his job as he has managed to get over 10000 renew their season ticket in anticipation.

We need a stiker, a centre half and a full back - what do we get...... Shock horror a goalie forom Kaunas and a Goalie coach from........... let me guess

I understand where you are coming from on this. However, I don't think signings are necessarily the answer to our problem, it is not so much that we don't have decent players. Plenty of other managers are getting better performances out of weaker squads. What is important is that Csaba is allowed to coach and pick the team. In relation to that, only time will tell.

Every supporter, no matter how loyal, has their breaking point.

I disagree. Some fans, myself included, have been through some really bad times with this club and still go home and away every week. Not about being a better fan than anyone, just more accepting that it can't always be rosy in the garden....particularly watching the JTs.

As for the original post......old moans and groans being raised again. We've got massive debt to contend with so can't be expected to go and splash the cash. It's not about being lied to. We are trying to sign players but to get quality and value for money isn't easy.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Both signings have been free and not sure if Tullberg will get 20 goals a season whcih we need - his record suggests not but time will tell.

Jesus wept! I suppose you wouldn't have signed Michael Ballack either when he signed for Chelsea because he didn't cost a transfer fee? :rolleyes:

If you think we are paying buttons for these two players, you are scarily deluded. I'll desist from using another emoticon.

loveofthegame
I disagree. Some fans, myself included, have been through some really bad times with this club and still go home and away every week. Not about being a better fan than anyone, just more accepting that it can't always be rosy in the garden....particularly watching the JTs.

Arguably. Don't get me wrong i still have my ST and travel to most away games. However, outwith the real die hards, supporters have their breaking points and another season like last would imo bring about a massive drop in ST sales.

In saying that i am very confident this wont happen under Csaba, so long as Vlad keeps his meddling nose out and allows the Lover Man to do his job

Jesus wept! I suppose you wouldn't have signed Michael Ballack either when he signed for Chelsea because he didn't cost a transfer fee? :rolleyes:

Thats not the point i am trying to make. I was trying to make the point that we really need a proven goal scorer who will consistantly take chances for us when the come along rather than the makeshift 2 at the moment. Tullberg may do a job i hope he does and am happy he is at the club but will he get us the much needed fire power?

I think you may be the deluded one to hypothetically use hearts and a player of ballcks pedigree as an agruement for signing free transfers.

In saying that i am very confident this wont happen under Csaba, so long as Vlad keeps his meddling nose out and allows the Lover Man to do his job

I think this will be a problem again though. Will we ever find out how good or bad a manager Csaba is as he will never have the autonomy that most other managers have, so it is very hard to judge wether he is good or bad

I agree with what the OP is trying to say. But too many folk still bury their heads in the sand. These are still the folk on here who want to blame Webster, Pressley, Banks etc when in fact, the ***wit who has got us into the mess we're in just now is Vlad.

Vlad is plick and always will be. Things will never change.

Anyone who is delighted with the signings from Kaunas (including in the past), and the new goalie coach, are having a laugh.

Under Vlad, Hearts will never prosper.

Tell me again, when was the new stand meant to be getting underway? 2 years ago? This year? Oh, now it's next year. Aye right, we'll soon see that this ain't gonnae happen but Vlad can't blame the SFA, or Banks, or Pressley for that one.

As for the original post......old moans and groans being raised again. We've got massive debt to contend with so can't be expected to go and splash the cash. It's not about being lied to. We are trying to sign players but to get quality and value for money isn't easy.

Quick wee question Goldenboy,

If Romanov himself started to play, yup, pick himself to be in the team every week, would you still go? I would wager that you DO have a breaking point, I would wager that it is possible for something to stop you going.

On topic, VR is not as good at dealing with the press as he likes to think he is.

Wallace had the press eating out of his hands. All good news was shouted from the rooftops, no matter how insignificant, and good news (more often than not) came out and acted as a smokescreen to bad news.

The press hate Romanov, they HATE him. He will get zero praise from them as he has taken his vendetta too far.

I would wager that Max Clifford is relatively well respected by members of the press and I would wager that he has avenues of getting good stories out for his clients. ANY good story that VR has would be clouded by something.

On topic, VR is not as good at dealing with the press as he likes to think he is.

Wallace had the press eating out of his hands. All good news was shouted from the rooftops, no matter how insignificant, and good news (more often than not) came out and acted as a smokescreen to bad news.

The press hate Romanov, they HATE him. He will get zero praise from them as he has taken his vendetta too far.

I would wager that Max Clifford is relatively well respected by members of the press and I would wager that he has avenues of getting good stories out for his clients. ANY good story that VR has would be clouded by something.

fair point

Archived