FLOODING IN WEST LOTHIAN PART 2

JP1874

Just thought id put an update on weather situation within west lothian. Linlithgow is flooded due to the union canal bursting it's banks! The main areas affected are Maidlands, Barnshill Avenue, Lennox Gardens & Springfield Road.

The M9 between Linlithgow & P{hilipstown (eastbound) has about 2 feet of water so last i heard police were closing road. The C14 road - Bathgate to Ballicrief Toll road is also inpassable. the rain will be on-going for atleast 2 hours according to the MET weather centre. Gonna be another busy night!

PS also had reports of flooding in parts Bathgate & Broxburn

Just thought id put an update on weather situation within west lothian. Linlithgow is flooded due to the union canal bursting it's banks! The main areas affected are Maidlands, Barnshill Avenue, Lennox Gardens & Springfield Road.

The M9 between Linlithgow & P{hilipstown (eastbound) has about 2 feet of water so last i heard police were closing road. The C14 road - Bathgate to Ballicrief Toll road is also inpassable. the rain will be on-going for atleast 2 hours according to the MET weather centre. Gonna be another busy night!

PS also had reports of flooding in parts Bathgate & Broxburn

Spam Valley

:rofl:

The drainage on that part of the M9 is shocking, water lies there all the time. I was driving home one night during a heavy rainfall and watched a car on the other carriageway spin through at least 720 degrees. I saw white lights, red lights, white lights, red lights as it spun across the road towards me, crashing into the barrier just as I went past. I was too scared to even stop in the conditions, I thought, if I brake, I'll go the same way, travelling as I was through 6" of standing water.

No sure what u mean by spam valley, however the rain should stop in the next 1/2hour & finish for the neight (according to the MET office). The A706 is also inpassable at the moment. West lothian council will have a roads team out to deal with any more flooding problems & sandbags are being issued to areas affected.

Cairneyhill Jambo
No sure what u mean by spam valley, however the rain should stop in the next 1/2hour & finish for the neight (according to the MET office). The A706 is also inpassable at the moment. West lothian council will have a roads team out to deal with any more flooding problems & sandbags are being issued to areas affected.

Its what Linlithgow folk call Springfield.

Goes back to the 70's I think when the estate was built. Big fancy houses and all the people who bought them could only afford to eat spam. Allegedly.

Goes back to the 70's I think when the estate was built. Big fancy houses and all the people who bought them could only afford to eat spam. Allegedly.

It was only for the benefit of any Black Bitches on the board!

;)

Ok thanks for that i only work in West Lothian, live in Edinburgh

It was only for the benefit of any Black Bitches on the board!

;)

Im a black biatch;)

Hail the Gallant!!

Doctor FinnBarr
Ok thanks for that i only work in West Lothian, live in Edinburgh

So my Council tax is paying for someone from Edinburgh to sit all night on this forum?

I will speak to my MP and the lead singer from Echo and the Bunnymen!

;)

Archived