Hotel's next to Alton Towers help

Goose Baxter

Goose Baxter

Hi Folks

Looking to go to Alton Towers in september and was wondering if anyone knows of a good hotel to stay in. Looked at a travel lodge on the staford motorway services but i have heard that it is not a very good one. Looking for a hotel with a bar/resteraunt or even in a town near.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Goose Baxter
Theres plenty bed and breakfasts in the area around alton towers if you google atlon towers b&b.

Is there places round there that you can go out for a meal and a drink or too?

Hi Folks

Looking to go to Alton Towers in september and was wondering if anyone knows of a good hotel to stay in. Looked at a travel lodge on the staford motorway services but i have heard that it is not a very good one. Looking for a hotel with a bar/resteraunt or even in a town near.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Alton Towers is very close to Stoke , Uttoxeter, Stafford.

I can't recommend a hotel in the vicinity but if you can get anything around Uttoxeter that would be a nice place to stay over - I've been to the races there a few times.

Stone (not Stoke) in Staffs is also fairly close to Alton Towers and is a very nice place with good pubs , canals walks etc. Don't know about hotels though.

If you decide to stay in STOKE let me know as I can get the name of a great Chinese for you which my mates use regularly. I wouldn't recommend Stoke though , it's a real dive.

Goose Baxter
Alton Towers is very close to Stoke , Uttoxeter, Stafford.

I can't recommend a hotel in the vicinity but if you can get anything around Uttoxeter that would be a nice place to stay over - I've been to the races there a few times.

Stone (not Stoke) in Staffs is also fairly close to Alton Towers and is a very nice place with good pubs , canals walks etc. Don't know about hotels though.

If you decide to stay in STOKE let me know as I can get the name of a great Chinese for you which my mates use regularly. I wouldn't recommend Stoke though , it's a real dive.

Cheers for that, i have seen that there is a hotel next to Uttoxeter, All we want is a hotel near it that we can enjoy a nice meal and a few beers.

We plan to tavel down on the monday. Do something on the monday night and spend the tue at Alton Towers and then travel back on the wed.

Nucky Thompson
try looking for somewhere in Cheadle a village/town 15 minutes drive from Alton Towers
I've stayed in Cheadle 3 times when going to Alton towers, nice wee town with a few pubs and restuarants.

went in may with group of mates, stayed in a travel lodge in uttoxeter for like ?19. about 10 mins drive to the park from there.

Goose Baxter
went in may with group of mates, stayed in a travel lodge in uttoxeter for like ?19. about 10 mins drive to the park from there.

Is there anything to do in Uttoxeter?? For the monday & tuesday night?

Do The Dance

I went a couple of years ago and stayed in a travel lodge on the outskirts of Derby. It had a beefeater attached with a decent bar, or you could go in to Derby if you wanted. Think it's about 30-40 mins drive from Alton Towers - but worth the drive for a little more to do.

We going down for the September weekend and staying in Nottingham. Its an hour and a half on the bus ad works out about ?10 return. The hotel is ?49 per night for a family room too.

I've got 2 for 1 vouchers for passes if you want them.

Is there anything to do in Uttoxeter?? For the monday & tuesday night?

I'm pasing through on Tuesday. Will take a look. It's not a big place, small market town but it's very pleasant.

Another option is a short break in sunny Stoke. It's not a great place but a lot of hotels have been built in the town in the last few years. I can't see it being much of a mecca for tourists so you might be able to get a good price on a decent hotel room.

I wouldn't recommend Derby or Nottingham as it's another hour on your journey and you go past AT just to travel back again the next day.

However Nottingham is a great place for nightlife , pubs & restaurants (one of the biggest universities in England). Forget Derby : it really is a dump.

Try this place:

http://www.laterooms.com/en/hotel-reservations/94589_old-mill-alsager-stoke-on-trent.aspx

It's a pub with quality food and cheap bed and breakfast rates. It reminds me of the Hawes Inn in South Queensferry. It's 40 minutes away from Alton Towers but only 5 minutes away from the M6. I've stayed there twice and enjoyed it both times.

The Quallity Inn in Ashbourne is fantastic. Really nice rooms/grub/etc...

Stayed there last time I was down and thoroughly enjoyed it!

the sub goalie

I stayed in a Travel Inn next to the Brittania Stadium in Stoke, had Beefeater style place next door to it which done decent food, i agree with earlier comment though, Stoke is a dump!!

A few years back we stayed in the hilton in Stoke. We got a DB&B deal for 2 nights and that included tickets to Alton towers and use of their Living well leisure facilities. Great breakfasts that set you up all day until your evening meal. Hilton don't own that hotel now but still do deals at a few nearby.

http://www.hilton.co.uk/dispatch?ShowOfferDetailsEvent=&bcid=0&oid=11993068&formName=ShowOfferDetailsForm

I stayed in a Travel Inn next to the Brittania Stadium in Stoke, had Beefeater style place next door to it which done decent food, i agree with earlier comment though, Stoke is a dump!!

Indeed, ended up driving through there...

If it's not the end of the world then you can definately see it from there!

Archived