Marketing Masterstroke

Art Vanderlay

Heart,Hearts Glorious Hearts - 1986 Hearts squad with singer Coiln Chisolm, (a Hibby by the way!) Th b-side had a collection of songs usually sung by the fans in the shed, "Hello,Hello, we are the Gorgie Boys" and "Hail,Hail the Hearts are here" are the two that stick in my memory the most.

And it was that very song that made me want to support Hearts! lol

Konrad von Carstein
Heart,Hearts Glorious Hearts - 1986 Hearts squad with singer Coiln Chisolm, (a Hibby by the way!) Th b-side had a collection of songs usually sung by the fans in the shed, "Hello,Hello, we are the Gorgie Boys" and "Hail,Hail the Hearts are here" are the two that stick in my memory the most.

Must mention this libelous comment to Chissy when I see him in Carrickvale GC on saturday before the match. It might shock him into buying a round.....or mibbe not :P

Hibby hahahahahahaha.:cool:

aitcheeayartees
Must mention this libelous comment to Chissy when I see him in Carrickvale GC on saturday before the match. It might shock him into buying a round.....or mibbe not :P

Hibby hahahahahahaha.:cool:

Tell him Charlie says that he's no much o golfer either :biggrin: Is it no about time he reformed Bilbo Baggins? Yer right tho he is defo no hibby!

Konrad von Carstein
Oh and you'll realise that he NEVER buys a round! :P

We try to think of it as a "lovable trait" :P

To be fair he wouldn't describe himself as much of a golfer either...sound guy tho!

aitcheeayartees
We try to think of it as a "lovable trait" :P

To be fair he wouldn't describe himself as much of a golfer either...sound guy tho!

Agreed! sound guy. Great story teller, always had me in stitches when he worked with us. You should google bilbo and see the old photos o him and the band........ hilarious!

Konrad von Carstein
Agreed! sound guy. Great story teller, always had me in stitches when he worked with us. You should google bilbo and see the old photos o him and the band........ hilarious!

Fekking hilarious when he's on form...always good for a laff...if not a pint:rolleyes:

Mr Vanderlay,

You know where I stand on this:

We're not going to live in silence, we're not going to live in fear.

Take it away, John - and bring in the pipes when the team runs out the tunnel:

Deodato

Mr Vanderlay,

You know where I stand on this:

We're not going to live in silence, we're not going to live in fear.

Take it away, John - and bring in the pipes when the team runs out the tunnel:

Deodato

Now THAT's inspired.

:eek::107years::eek: I thought he was a Jambo who wrote the Hibs song Hi-bees Hibernian.

King of the North
A friend of mine runs a recording studio and he's just told me that he has taken a booking for middle of September from Hearts FC! Apparently they're planning to bring the squad in to record a promotional single. I know other clubs have done this but unless I'm mistaken we've never done a song sung by the team?

Anyway, I think it sounds like a good idea, although the word is that they have chosen to do a cover of the Rick Astley 80s hit "Together Forever" - not sure about this choice, but i'll be buying the CD, at least for a laugh...

:eek:

Surely we can do better than that.

How about 'The Man Dont Give a ****' by SFA.

Sung by the whole squad, to Vlad, as he sits in a big throne stroking a small white cat.

It's got Xmas number one written all over it.

Gladys Night will cost them a pretty penny though, as will Rick Astley.

I hate to be picky, but neither of those artists wrote the songs in question. :rolleyes:

As for the possibility of a new single, they should do a double A side. One side should have a happy clappy song* for the PC brigade - maybe a new ditty like "we love all other fans, teams and even the referees". The other should feature more traditional songs for the bulk of our support - "hello hello", "hatchets and hammers", "running down the Albion Road, "Reekin in Brechin" etc.

With something for everyone it'd be a sure fire winner.

* This side of the CD would be protected so it couldn't be played too loud and would have rustling sweetie papers and tutting noises as part of the backing track.

Teuchterjambo
I hate to be picky, but neither of those artists wrote the songs in question. :rolleyes:

As for the possibility of a new single, they should do a double A side. One side should have a happy clappy song* for the PC brigade - maybe a new ditty like "we love all other fans, teams and even the referees". The other should feature more traditional songs for the bulk of our support - "hello hello", "hatchets and hammers", "running down the Albion Road, "Reekin in Brechin" etc.

With something for everyone it'd be a sure fire winner.

* This side of the CD would be protected so it couldn't be played too loud and would have rustling sweetie papers and tutting noises as part of the backing track.

As a man who in his formative years sang "Hello Hello" in its most unacceptable form and other such ditty's I can only say that your persistent peddling of this muck suggest that you have failed miserably to graduate from your formative years. I don't look back in shame or anything - I just moved on.

On the other hand you continually use your thinly veiled comments to pedal your particular brand of bigotry but normally fall short of actually having the balls to put it in print.

Either say what you really mean or slink away !

Guest gorgie kev
Yes we have I have a copy of the offending item in a cupboard somewhere. :sad:

Who's the bird in yer avater mate?Shed get it :)

I can categorically state that he is NOT a Hibee... As anyone who witnessed his (in)famous celebratory dance at Hampden at THE semi would also testify! I wish I still had my old mobile as it would be a Youtube classic!!

ALSO!! If it's of interest to anyone, when the 1986 team sung on the Hearts song, it wasn't actually their voices but the voices of the Motherwell Hearts Supporters Club.

If anyone wants anymore useless facts i'm here all week...

Is this just Motherwell Hearts fans wearing masks then? :eek:

chunky chicks_thumb.jpg

If it were up to me I'd have pushed for a Clum falsetto of "Mr Lovvverrrmaan" with Davie Obua laying down the "Shabba"s...

Naah! ........ gotta be a cover of Chumbawumba with Csaba or Vlad doing the Pete Postlethwaite "borrocks" speech.

:eek:

Surely we can do better than that.

How about 'The Man Dont Give a ****' by SFA.

Sung by the whole squad, to Vlad, as he sits in a big throne stroking a small white cat.

It's got Xmas number one written all over it.

That would be superb!

Sheer comedy aside, if it is a club "together" effort, it will be horrible. I still remember the "when I was five..." effort the docksiders put out.:Icky:

Hi everyone, been reading posts for a wee while but now as i'm off work for a while, decided to start contributing.

Unfortunately, my 1st post is disputing a point with one of my fellow Jambos as I know for sure that Colin is NOT a Hobo, he is in fact one of us.

The reason I know this is that I am a good friend of Colins and play a lot of golf with him.

Far too nice a guy to be a Hobo.

Seems that I was a little slow with my first post, but glad that a lot of others gave Colin Credit where credit was due.:)

Incedently, he also does the ceramic tile warehouse jingle on real radio, you know, "where inspiration comes in boxes, ceramic tile warehouse".

Archived