Marketing Masterstroke

Art Vanderlay

Art Vanderlay

A friend of mine runs a recording studio and he's just told me that he has taken a booking for middle of September from Hearts FC! Apparently they're planning to bring the squad in to record a promotional single. I know other clubs have done this but unless I'm mistaken we've never done a song sung by the team?

Anyway, I think it sounds like a good idea, although the word is that they have chosen to do a cover of the Rick Astley 80s hit "Together Forever" - not sure about this choice, but i'll be buying the CD, at least for a laugh...

A friend of mine runs a recording studio and he's just told me that he has taken a booking for middle of September from Hearts FC! Apparently they're planning to bring the squad in to record a promotional single. I know other clubs have done this but unless I'm mistaken we've never done a song sung by the team?

Anyway, I think it sounds like a good idea, although the word is that they have chosen to do a cover of the Rick Astley 80s hit "Together Forever" - not sure about this choice, but i'll be buying the CD, at least for a laugh...

How about a version of Gladys Knight's "Leaving on the Midnight Train to Georgia"?!

Art Vanderlay

If it were up to me I'd have pushed for a Clum falsetto of "Mr Lovvverrrmaan" with Davie Obua laying down the "Shabba"s...

Buffalo Bill

I remember when the poor bastar* wasn't allowed to go and pick up his Brit Award.

So Kid Jensen went and sought him out on the video set for 'Together Forever' and finally presented it to him.

How do I know all of this?

I'll tell you why.

Because I'm a sad, sad bastar* too.

Buffalo Bill

Robbos Right Peg
A friend of mine runs a recording studio and he's just told me that he has taken a booking for middle of September from Hearts FC! Apparently they're planning to bring the squad in to record a promotional single. I know other clubs have done this but unless I'm mistaken we've never done a song sung by the team?Anyway, I think it sounds like a good idea, although the word is that they have chosen to do a cover of the Rick Astley 80s hit "Together Forever" - not sure about this choice, but i'll be buying the CD, at least for a laugh...

Yes we have I have a copy of the offending item in a cupboard somewhere. :sad:

If they do a cover, I'll help out in the clearance of the rights.

Gladys Night will cost them a pretty penny though, as will Rick Astley.

Will Vlad spend big on musical copyright?

Deodato

Yes we have I have a copy of the offending item in a cupboard somewhere. :sad:

So have i.

IIRC, on 'Back from the brink', it mentions how all the players were given a frozen chicken for taking part.

Mark_Mywords

Should stick Webster, Ritchie & Elvis on 3 Crosses with them singing "Let's all look on the bright side of life..."

Heart,Hearts Glorious Hearts - 1986 Hearts squad with singer Coiln Chisolm, (a Hibby by the way!) Th b-side had a collection of songs usually sung by the fans in the shed, "Hello,Hello, we are the Gorgie Boys" and "Hail,Hail the Hearts are here" are the two that stick in my memory the most.

Heart,Hearts Glorious Hearts - 1986 Hearts squad with singer Coiln Chisolm, (a Hibby by the way!) Th b-side had a collection of songs usually sung by the fans in the shed, "Hello,Hello, we are the Gorgie Boys" and "Hail,Hail the Hearts are here" are the two that stick in my memory the most.

I have it as my ringtone :band2:

marshallschunkychicken
I have it as my ringtone :band2:

The Marshall's Chunky Chicken B-side?

I have it on my phone on MP3 as well.

And now for a word from our sponsor...

The Marshall's Chunky Chicken B-side?

I have it on my phone on MP3 as well.

And now for a word from our sponsor...

Any chance you could liase with Dexter by PM to have it put onto the members mp3 player mate?

loveofthegame

Oh dear i hope not. How ****ing awful. Nothing more cringeworthy than a football team being forced into recording a club song.

He most certainly is NOT a hibby.:mad::mad::mad:

Oh dear i hope not. How ****ing awful. Nothing more cringeworthy than a football team being forced into recording a club song.

Thank god I'm not the only one thinking that.

MARSHALL'S..........THE CHUNKY CHICKEN CHAMPIONS!! F****** embarassing!!

He most certainly is NOT a hibby.:mad::mad::mad:

Was he not!? It's been said for years that he was, never had any reason to doubt it, unless someone else knows for sure?

I bet it's embarassing. Hopefully it will be like band aid, with certain squad member getting a solo.

Guest S.U.S.S.

"Ooohhhhh Simon is Gay!"

(Mods this will mean something to some posters, its not being horrible, its sung honestly)

PS Simon is not his username on here!

Art Vanderlay

I understand that the apparent choice of track is "on brand" in that it features the "Together" buzzword, but surely "Come Together" by the Beatles would have been a less embarassing option.

marshallschunkychicken
Any chance you could liase with Dexter by PM to have it put onto the members mp3 player mate?

Will do indeed. Probably when I get home from work.

Cheers

Guest S.U.S.S.
I understand that the apparent choice of track is "on brand" in that it features the "Together" buzzword, but surely "Come Together" by the Beatles would have been a less embarassing option.

All together now by the Farm?

Guest S.U.S.S.
If true, what an utter embarrasment. Can't believe anyone at HMFC would be stupid enough to do this though.

JR, you cant believe Hearts would do something stupid?

Ok who are you and how did you get on JR's account? :)

Come Together by Primal Scream would be way cooler.

The album version especially with Vlad doing the spoken word part at the beginning...

"This is a beautiful day

It is a new day

We are together, we are unified

And all for the cause

Because together we got power"

Right on.

Guest JamboRobbo
JR, you cant believe Hearts would do something stupid?

Ok who are you and how did you get on JR's account? :)

Nope. Not even Vlad, IMO.

He's stupid, but nobody is that stupid, surely?

Griclesfield

can we get a " john barnes " type rap going .....

much as i hate that singing for england song ...... john barnes had the moves and the rap was class .......haha

Some of you are just no fun at all. I think it's a brilliant plan. Completely cheesy, but brilliant nonetheless.

How about some Grease tunes..."We go together like rama lama lama ke ding a de dinga a dong..."

or Kylie & Jason 'Especially For You'...there's lots of togetherness in the chorus for that one....

Or one of my most favourite songs in the world....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOOFk549fw

It could be number 1 y'know. Apparently you only have to sell a wee handful to do it these days....

definately not a hibby.

although i believe he did also record a song for hibs which is possibly where the rumour has its origins.

So have i.

IIRC, on 'Back from the brink', it mentions how all the players were given a frozen chicken for taking part.

Marshall's Chunky Chicken no less. Feck, don't tell Nade!

If we're going to go for the "Together" theme, then surely the Beatles' "All Together Now" would be an excellent choice. It could be followed by Romanov singing "Across the Universe". I'd buy it. :)

Vlad is well known for his mistrust of the Scottish Recording Mafia, they are unprofessional, biased towards acts from the West and deliberatley alter foreigners voices so they sound Scottish.

I hear Vlad is getting an Eastern European, former Eurovision star to "pen" the track and intends to use it to fund his building of a recording pyramid in order that the best acts from each area he owns can then be given the chance to sing for Hearts and get a US number 1.

I think they should do either;

Seven Nation Army (with alternative lyrics on B side)

or

I am the Resurection, The Stone Roses. (He clearly thinks he is, so why not flaunt it?!)

I can categorically state that he is NOT a Hibee... As anyone who witnessed his (in)famous celebratory dance at Hampden at THE semi would also testify! I wish I still had my old mobile as it would be a Youtube classic!!

ALSO!! If it's of interest to anyone, when the 1986 team sung on the Hearts song, it wasn't actually their voices but the voices of the Motherwell Hearts Supporters Club.

If anyone wants anymore useless facts i'm here all week...

Robbos Right Peg

While most on here are remembering 'Marshalls Chunky Chickens' Hearts Song I was actually talking about the much earlier double 'A' side Marchin' Thru' Gorgie & Song Of Tynecastle. Bleedin' classics !!

marshallschunkychicken
While most on here are remembering 'Marshalls Chunky Chickens' Hearts Song I was actually talking about the much earlier double 'A' side Marchin' Thru' Gorgie & Song Of Tynecastle. Bleedin' classics !!

They're on the 20 Jambo Classics album, are they not. Tracks 2 and 3?

Cheers

Robbos Right Peg
They're on the 20 Jambo Classics album, are they not. Tracks 2 and 3?

Cheers

Jeez I forgot about the album that must be in my CD's somewhere.

I just checked the 45rpm version to get the year of release but it wasn't on it. Only details are that it was a REL & Chord release written by T Sampson & produced by Pete Kerr.

Over to the bigger saddo's than even me :)

marshallschunkychicken
Jeez I forgot about the album that must be in my CD's somewhere.

I just checked the 45rpm version to get the year of release but it wasn't on it. Only details are that it was a REL & Chord release written by T Sampson & produced by Pete Kerr.

Over to the bigger saddo's than even me :)

Centenary year was it not? That's what I always thought.

So.... what's the bet that the tune's called "Together"?

That would be one of the following

"Let's Work Together" by Canned Heat

"Let's Stay Together" by Al Green

"Come Together" by the Beatles

Depending on what kind of mood you're in

colin chisholm is definitely no hibbee. he'd be spitting chips that anyone thought he was. at the time he did the hos song though, he was one of the most well known, and popular session singers in scotland.

told me that he got "silly money" for doing the hibs song though.

is he still doing the rounds in the clubs?? not seen him for years and he never did pay me for the backing vocals on that paul young song he does grr!

Archived