What shaving products do you use?

Lambo85

Gone are the days of the old fashioned badger hair shaving brushes, shaving creams and double edged shavers (showing my age now).

Its all about these replaceable head muli-blade razors with cheap deodarant smelling shaving gels.

Ive been using Gillete Sensor 3 disposable razors, Gillete Fusion Hydragel shaving gel and Gilletee Fusion Hydrasoothe aftershave balm for about a year nowand I have to say Iam no where near getting as good a shave as I was when I was using my old-skool shaving tools.

Shaving used to be an art passed down from father to son. I remember my father teaching me how to lather up the shaving cream using a good brush and to shave slowly and lightly with the hair growth with a good sharp double edged safety razor.

Now shaving seems to be a rushed job with these multi-blade idiot proof Gillette's.

Call me old fashioned but when it comes to shaving, older is defo better!!!

Did use the gillette fusion but it was hacking my neck to pieces so I went back to the trusty old Mach 3.

I've got quite sensitive skin so I use King of Shaves Menthol shaving gel/foam - nothing comes close in my opinion. I've tried nivea and menexpert and wasn't too impressed.

Gone are the days of the old fashioned badger hair shaving brushes,

Not for me. I bought a badger hair brush a couple of years back. Kind of expensive but I've never regretted it. Use it with Body Shop shaving cream and a mach 3. But I have seen some cut throats on sale on several internet sites. I am really tempted but really scared.

Shavings great, I love it.

Not for me. I bought a badger hair brush a couple of years back. Kind of expensive but I've never regretted it. Use it with Body Shop shaving cream and a mach 3. But I have seen some cut throats on sale on several internet sites. I am really tempted but really scared.

Shavings great, I love it.

How much did you pay for your brush?

How much did you pay for your brush?

Bought it from a company called the London Brush Company (their branch in Cape Town). The cost was around 45 pounds but probably cheaper in the UK. Mine is the classic "badger silver tip". There are loads of sites on the internet.

I normally use King Of Shaves gel, but when I was in the States a couple of months ago I got a free can of Barbasol Beard Buster in a hotel. It's great stuff that feels like old school shaving soap. I've still got a brush that I bought years ago and tend to use that if I'm going to a wedding or whatever as you get a better shave.

The best is still going to a Turkish barber though and getting a professional shave.

I tend to be a bit careless and am pretty sure I would fecking kill myself with one of those old fashioned jobs! Safety razor for me!!! :P

I used Veet to clear blocked shower.Great job.

Mach 3 and Nivea

Turkish Barber for weddings etc

The best is still going to a Turkish barber though and getting a professional shave.

Any recommendations in Edinburgh?

I think that the best shaving gel I've used is Gatsby stuff from Japan.

Brush and cream from the body shop for me, combined with a fusion power.

Although I try to get out of shaving as long as possible so it tends to last a while.

I got a cheapo for my 16th birthday, crap, ok for the cheeks but cut my neck to ribbons.

I got a very expensive one for my 30th birthday, crap, ok for the cheeks but cut my neck to ribbons!

yeah, couple of months ago bought an electric one for around ?120, it works on my cheeks but struggles with my neck, there would have to be a vast improvement in them for me to consider not using my mach 3

PontiusPilate

Crabtree and Evelyn shaving creme, badger hair brush, gillete mach 3 and nivea shaving balm, got a face like a babies bum but thats nothing to do with shaving:sad:

Gillette Fusion with either Gillette or Nivea shaving gel.

Nivea aftershave balm / moisturer afterwards...

disposable razors and gillette gel

I have mach 3 and fusion power but the blades don't last me long as I need to shave dailly and they cost a small fortune.

I normally use King Of Shaves gel, but when I was in the States a couple of months ago I got a free can of Barbasol Beard Buster in a hotel. It's great stuff that feels like old school shaving soap. I've still got a brush that I bought years ago and tend to use that if I'm going to a wedding or whatever as you get a better shave.

I also use the King Of Shaves gel but I use the new King Of Shaves razor.

I agree with the Turkish shout, I generally go and get it done if going to a special occasion. I have been to the one next to the Mercat which was okay but I preferred the one opposite Elm Row, that is my usual haunt. The older dude from Elm Row is superb, the young pretenders he employs are okay but fall short of the master. It is to be recommended, you won't get a better shave than an open blade, and it is a cracking hangover cure.

I agree with the Turkish shout, I generally go and get it done if going to a special occasion. I have been to the one next to the Mercat which was okay but I preferred the one opposite Elm Row, that is my usual haunt. The older dude from Elm Row is superb, the young pretenders he employs are okay but fall short of the master. It is to be recommended, you won't get a better shave than an open blade, and it is a cracking hangover cure.

2615917888_a3d35b4410.jpg

i usually use him to excellent shave and had one done on Tuesday and usually go once a week or so. in the house i use my open razor then for the second shave i use my Gillette and my nivea soap and brush.

Gone are the days of the old fashioned badger hair shaving brushes, shaving creams and double edged shavers (showing my age now).

Its all about these replaceable head muli-blade razors with cheap deodarant smelling shaving gels.

Ive been using Gillete Sensor 3 disposable razors, Gillete Fusion Hydragel shaving gel and Gilletee Fusion Hydrasoothe aftershave balm for about a year nowand I have to say Iam no where near getting as good a shave as I was when I was using my old-skool shaving tools.

Shaving used to be an art passed down from father to son. I remember my father teaching me how to lather up the shaving cream using a good brush and to shave slowly and lightly with the hair growth with a good sharp double edged safety razor.

Now shaving seems to be a rushed job with these multi-blade idiot proof Gillette's.

Call me old fashioned but when it comes to shaving, older is defo better!!!

I have just bought myself a Merkur HD double edged razor. Got fed up with mutiblade gillettes etc, expensive and never consistent. So it is back to the brush and cream and a much better shave. I have no regrets and it is a lot cheaper in the long run. You can buy a pack of 100 Derby blades for ?9.95 which will last almost a year averaging 3 shaves a blade. Do a google on Timothy Edwards this is the site I bought from and everything is free p&p.

I've still got my Dads old British Army issue safety razors. Reading this has given me the urge to buy some blades. Mind you I quite fancy the King Of Shaves razor, but only if you can put Gillette blades in them. Wilkinson Sword razors are rubbish in my opinion.

I've still got my Dads old British Army issue safety razors. Reading this has given me the urge to buy some blades. Mind you I quite fancy the King Of Shaves razor, but only if you can put Gillette blades in them. Wilkinson Sword razors are rubbish in my opinion.

It's their own blades mate.

They are particularly sharp IMO.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Clippers once a week

Gillette products are designed to rip you off

samurai sword. Dry.

Tried this but with a small bathroom it was difficult to deal with angles

Archived