Computer help, please!!

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

My daughter has a tower pc (packard bell) which runs with Windows 98, a couple of days ago she switched it on and although it started up ok, the desktop pictures were fuzzy and her wallpaper picture was distorted, also i cant get the mouse to work anymore as no cursor appears? I thought it was maybe the monitor but have tried another and the same thing happens!!

Any help would be appreciated!!

Sexton Hardcastle

Just a suggestion idiot. Its clearly an outdated machine, Windows 98. If it is conected to the interent possibly lots of viruses etc on it. Had a similar problem a few years ago with our old "Tiny" Pc. All the years of gathering dust and crap it jus gave up. You can get a decent basic machine for a few hundred. Seen a crackin deal for currys/comet (tv add) for a laptop. ?399 was very good spec and had 3 gigs of memory. If your feel like splashing the cash id recomend that fella.

Why bother to reply? Timewaster! :hobofish:

It's probably the best suggestion I'm afraid.

Windows 98 is outdated and unsupported by MS. It sounds like the graphics card is messed up. You could try reinstalling the drivers, but it could be a hardware fault.

My daughter has a tower pc (packard bell) which runs with Windows 98, a couple of days ago she switched it on and although it started up ok, the desktop pictures were fuzzy and her wallpaper picture was distorted, also i cant get the mouse to work anymore as no cursor appears? I thought it was maybe the monitor but have tried another and the same thing happens!!

Any help would be appreciated!!

When was the last time you cleaned it out for dust, or straitened the registry out?

Archived